I want crunchy snacks!

Options
Hello, I'd like your suggestions about healthy snacks.

Sometimes when i'm not quite hungry I want something to chew (like a dog), besides gums and homemade pop corn do you have any ideas? I know you do, you guys are great!!

Replies

• retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I've been making up my own snack packs lately with a variety of things. Lately using Great Grains cranberry almond cereal, Fiber One Honey Squares and FO chocolate Squares (all cereals) and throw in some Chocolate Yogurt covered raisins. I just make sure I'm within my carb and calories allowance. Gives me crunchy and sweet. If I want some salty as well, I substitute sesame sticks for some of the cereal.
  • greekfatty
    Options
    I've been making up my own snack packs lately with a variety of things. Lately using Great Grains cranberry almond cereal, Fiber One Honey Squares and FO chocolate Squares (all cereals) and throw in some Chocolate Yogurt covered raisins. I just make sure I'm within my carb and calories allowance. Gives me crunchy and sweet. If I want some salty as well, I substitute sesame sticks for some of the cereal.

How much calories are they?
    Sesame sticks sounds good.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,703 Member
    Options
    Split pea channah: http://www.massachuseats.com/2012/02/make-it-split-pea-crisps.html

Turkey salami, microwaved to a crisp are around 90 cals for 3 slices. Wrap in paper towels.

Korean grilled seaweed snacks.

Boiled or microwaved salted edamame in the shell. I get these in the freezer section of the asian grocers.

Baked wonton wrappers: http://sweetnicks.com/weblog/2009/04/baked-wonton-chips/
  • Bookaholic88
    Bookaholic88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Roasted chick peas are a great crunchy snack. Just open the can, drain, rinse, dry, add 1 teaspoon of oil and your favourite spices (i suggest curry or taco seasoning) and roast in the oven until crunchy
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    baby carrots and celery are both crunch and low calorie..Dip in light ranch dressing.
  • greekfatty
    Options
    Split pea channah: http://www.massachuseats.com/2012/02/make-it-split-pea-crisps.html

Turkey salami, microwaved to a crisp are around 90 cals for 3 slices. Wrap in paper towels.

Korean grilled seaweed snacks.

Boiled or microwaved salted edamame in the shell. I get these in the freezer section of the asian grocers.

Baked wonton wrappers: http://sweetnicks.com/weblog/2009/04/baked-wonton-chips/

Thanks that's really what i'm looking for !!
    Roasted chick peas are a great crunchy snack. Just open the can, drain, rinse, dry, add 1 teaspoon of oil and your favourite spices (i suggest curry or taco seasoning) and roast in the oven until crunchy

Niceee thanks a lot!!!!
    baby carrots and celery are both crunch and low calorie..Dip in light ranch dressing.

Oh I love carrots and cucumber excelent idea! I don't really like celery alone I'm used to it as an ingridient. Thanks allot!!
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I love New York Bagel Crisps in the Sea Salt flavor when I want a crunchy snack--130 calories for 6 bagel crisps. They crunchy, salty & yummy!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Kale chips
    Pumpkin Seeds
    Celery and peanut butter
    Dried Edamame
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Roasted edaname or roasted chick peas.
  • Hegemone
    Hegemone Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A slice of cheddar cheese microwaved on a piece of parchment paper for a minute or so becomes this airy, crispy, crunchy snack. It's weird and awesome!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Sugar snap peas!
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Celery and Laughing Cow Light wedge ~45 cals

2 cups lightly salted air-popped popcorn ~60 cals

Sliced apple 1/2 dipped in 1/4 c. Greek yogurt ~75 cals

6" Corn tortilla cut into wedges and baked, dipped in 1/4 c. salsa ~75 calories
  • TheMrsWantsCandy
    Options
    Sugar snap peas
    Safeway has "Popped Crisps" and "Wafer Thins" both really low on calories\
    Carrot sticks
    Celery sticks
    Trader Joe's Vanilla Meringue cookies
    Puffed rice cakes
    cottage cheese w granola
  • AngelicaL702
    Options
    One of my favorite snacks is cucumbers cut up any way you like them and a fresh mango cut up the same way. Squeeze one lime over it all and then sprinkle with Chile powder the brand I use is called Tajin.

Baby bell peppers are awesome along with carrot sticks. I dip them in this Greek yogurt I get from Costco it's called skotidakis. They have a dill or jalapeno flavor that are just amazing!!!

I have also heard about freezing grapes.
  • Veglady12
    Veglady12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Measure out nuts. Great for you and keep you satisfied. High if fat, but good fats, but you must measure. Costco sells 100 calorie almond packs already measured for you. Great to eat around 4pm!
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    some great ideas here, thanks!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If you want to really chew something, beef jerky is great.
  • bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Sorry if I repeat things that have already been listed, but I don't have time to read thru all the posts already. :P

Processed crunchy snacks I can think of that are rather low cal and delicious-
    Special K Cracker Chips and Special K Popcorn Chips.
    Chocolate Rice Cakes (60 calories)
    Apple Cinnamon Rice Cakes (50 calories)
    Original Rice Cakes w/ SF Jam (~45 calories)
    1 c. Dry cereal like Rice Chex (100 calories)

Not so processed crunchy snacks-
    Almonds (~7 calories each)
    Pistachios (~4 calories each)
    Carrots
    Sugar Snap Peas
    SeaSnax (Seaweed chips basically. I find them repulsive but some people like them)
    Fresh Apples (Honey Crisp and Empire have awesome crispiness to them)
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    baby carrots, almonds ...
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,703 Member
    Options
    I second all the raw veg ideas, such as snow peas, green beens, peppers, carrots and celery (though I think it is a type of pllywood rather than food), fennel (marginallly better).

They are nice dipped in hummous, tzaziki, or low fat ranch.