No one seems to like cardio anymore...

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    This was an article I read earlier this year and have bookmarked. It's about steady state cardio vs. HIIT, but it really does a great job of explaining WHY both have important components in health and fitness.

http://experiencelife.com/article/steady-state-cardio-vs-high-intensity-interval-training/

Now, you might not need full cardio fitness for your goals, but I find it interesting when it talks about performance athletes being strong, but having no endurance...something that has been bantered about for years in the lifting vs. cardio crowd.

Anywho...good read.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I don't really like the treadmill or the elliptical either. Which is why i recently took up walking and running. Get's me out in the fresh air with an mp3 player and some great tunes. What's not to like? You really don't need to use the hamster machines XD

Oh and i'm going to buy a bike and resolve to leave the car at home whenever possible.
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Beautifulbridgittlee7 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I like both, I enjoy circuit training that's aerobic and strength and toning as well, and I do love other cardio activities. Variety is good.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I do hill sprints as cardio. I don't feel like I've worked out unless it's at very high intensity and I can think of nothing more boring than running at the same speed for endless miles (I used to do it, never again).