Cutting down on weed, weight gain

Options

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Has to be said..

One more failure in life, a druggie at 20 years old

Has to be said, I seriously doubt that weed is the sole cause of his life failures or his only "drug" problem.
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    that's crazy..it makes me eat like a horse
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing it might depend on the balance of weed vs. tobacco: tobacco suppresses appetite but weed gives most people munchies. Try smoking leaf not rez - it might be something your rez is cut with rather than the weed itself. Leaf is harder to cut, and when they do, it's with like basil or chamomile :smile:
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Replace the time that you normally spent smoking weed with getting outside for a walk or jog
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    lol at the people who think weed doesn't give you the munchies and make you eat more. WEED GIVES YOU THE MUNCHIES.

Weed does not give me the munchies, AT ALL. I won't even eat if I've smoked. I'm lucky that way I guess lol
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Has to be said..

Ouch harsh words.
    I am so glad I am not a failure in life even though I have been smoking mj since I was 15.

never a truer word spoken.
    you must be very proud to state you ve been a druggie since 15, I just hope you cant have kids.

Druggie = drug addict or habitual user of drugs, so yes I am a habitual user, not an addict.
    I am not a failure in life, and neither are the smokers I know, who btw are having kids a plenty.

Ah sad little man, go do some research and just crawl back in your hole :laugh:

grow up ..

I ve seen it first hand and they all say they are not addicts and thats when you re minds puddled and you think you are in control but not surprisingly you re not . If you beg to differ, pack it up right now and as to why you think any kid deserves a parent taking drugs and surounded by others doing so is beyond me especially if its your own.

laughable if it wernt so selfish, you ll cut down for weight loss but not a single thought for kids.

My kids are 5 and 3, they LOVE weed. They're way too young to smoke it, but I send them to school with weed cookies. They love it!
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    this thread.... is awesome
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    lol i've been smoking weed for over 10 years. to each their own.
    idk about the weight gain or anything, but it does wonders for my health and i am gonna keep on smoking it
    :smokin:
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have never puffed on the magic dragon, but my bro did...ALOT...And he turned into a fat *kitten*, i'm guessing from the munchies and what not...So i'm not sure what affect this is having on you.

Others have said its speeding up his metabolism. This is obviously whats happening here. This is why its illegal. The govt wants everyone to have a slow metabolism and to be fat. Its a healthcare conspiracy really.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    this thread.... is awesome

Agreed :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Has to be said..

Ouch harsh words.
    I am so glad I am not a failure in life even though I have been smoking mj since I was 15.

never a truer word spoken.
    you must be very proud to state you ve been a druggie since 15, I just hope you cant have kids.

Druggie = drug addict or habitual user of drugs, so yes I am a habitual user, not an addict.
    I am not a failure in life, and neither are the smokers I know, who btw are having kids a plenty.

Ah sad little man, go do some research and just crawl back in your hole :laugh:

grow up ..

I ve seen it first hand and they all say they are not addicts and thats when you re minds puddled and you think you are in control but not surprisingly you re not . If you beg to differ, pack it up right now and as to why you think any kid deserves a parent taking drugs and surounded by others doing so is beyond me especially if its your own.

laughable if it wernt so selfish, you ll cut down for weight loss but not a single thought for kids.

So will I be able to properly communicate via the written word if I don't smoke weed like you?
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    **BEST THREAD EVER**

I can't imagine being skinny bcuz of weed. I had to stop many, many, many years ago because of the uncontrollable munchies. I'd love to start back up, for the cancer-prevention and anti-anxiety benefits, but there's no room for munchies in my meal plan.

Thanks to all of you that made me giggle tonight. :)

The man who lives upstairs from us smokes weed, he's always shouting at his kids and is horrible to his dogs. I've seen people get really psychotic from smoking. There's nothing cute about weed. Any form of smoking can give you cancer, especially weed.

the man upstairs prolly already has an imbalance or a mental health disorder. in that case he should not be smoking weed, anyone with a mental health disorder shouldn't be smoking.
    a regular balanced brain, well go ahead. it doesn't make you violent, and doesn't make you psychotic unless, this is the really important part, you are already pre-disposition to have psychotic behavior.
    weed isn't a real drug.
    unless what you are smoking is laced with cocaine.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Well, there's this....

"Smoking reefer can help you better metabolize fats and carbs."

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/smoke-pot-thin-article-1.1345812

Because it's a miracle plant and can cure/ease just about anything. :wink: :happy:
  • fbmandy55
    Options
    Has to be said..

Really? Every person I know that smokes is a college graduate, has a career, contributes to society and most have happy spouses and children.

Ignorance.
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Has to be said..

...............:huh:

I...I don't even know what to say to that...it's so untrue :noway: That's too bad that anyone you've met that smokes pot is a "failure" in your eyes, but at least 80% of the people I know my age or older that habitually smoke (including myself :smokin:) are in or have graduated from post-secondary education, can and always have been able to hold a job, and pay their bills on time, among other responsible adult things - what about that makes someone a failure?

Also, I wish I had the problem OP has :laugh: Smoking and utter lack of self-control definetly aided in my weight gain. Now I just enjoy knowing I have better self-control than before, and substitute the majority of my old crappy munchie snacks with healthy ones instead :smile: I wish I could help you OP!
  • mitchiemo
    mitchiemo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Has to be said..

Isn't that the age to take drugs...late teens, early twenties? I'm guessing you didn't and have no personal experience on the matter. Therefore you're not really qualified to pass judgement on his abilities are you now?! Plus seems like you failed too, failed to experiment with that part of life, no wonder you're so bitter.

Anyway...since when has a PLANT been a drug? No labs or test tubes in sight! If I put Aloe Vera on my skin am I a druggie too? Am I a druggie for drinking my green tea? If the OP takes a paracetamol is he an even bigger druggie? What's your view on alcohol - is it OK to have a glass of wine with your evening meal? Mate - with that attitude I'd steer clear of all Doctors - they're all pushers you know.
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    The man who lives upstairs from us smokes weed, he's always shouting at his kids and is horrible to his dogs. I've seen people get really psychotic from smoking. There's nothing cute about weed. Any form of smoking can give you cancer, especially weed.

the man upstairs prolly already has an imbalance or a mental health disorder. in that case he should not be smoking weed, anyone with a mental health disorder shouldn't be smoking.
    a regular balanced brain, well go ahead. it doesn't make you violent, and doesn't make you psychotic unless, this is the really important part, you are already pre-disposition to have psychotic behavior.
    weed isn't a real drug.

^Agreed, 100%.

Also, there is no scientific proof that marijuana alone causes cancer...at all. Why would they prescribe it to chemo patients if it was directly linked to causing it? It just makes me laugh when I hear people say things like this.
  • fbmandy55
    Options

weed isn't a real drug.

^Agreed, 100%.

Also, there is no scientific proof that marijuana alone causes cancer...at all. Why would they prescribe it to chemo patients if it was directly linked to causing it? It just makes me laugh when I hear people say things like this.

The opposite actually, it's helps the body get rid of dead cells and promotes the growth of healthy cells.

I read a documentary of a young lady with cancer who was dependant on pain killers, deathly ill from prescription medications and treatment. She had no quality of life so she quit all of the treatment and started using medical marijuana. She went into remission and within a short amount of time was able to be active, where before she was confined to bed.
  • evans72002
    evans72002 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Has to be said..

One more failure in life, living off litteraly protein shakes and olive oil
This discussion has been closed.