What is your guilty pleasure food?

Options

Replies

• hironsd
    hironsd Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Mine was doughnuts. The last one I had was more than ten years ago, and now I can't have them at all because I can't have gluten at all. Fortunately, gluten free pie crust is perfectly delicious, so I'll be having pie on Thanksgiving.

If you are at all interested in making your own, there is a new cookbook that just recently came out called Baked Doughnuts for Everyone - all the recipes are Gluten Free!!

http://www.amazon.com/Baked-Doughnuts-For-Everyone-Gluten-Free/dp/1592335667
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Raw vegan chocolate chip cookie dough
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Everything becomes an guilty pleasure when you put cheese on top.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Cakes - pretty much any lol once i start it's hard to resist (thought i do....sometimes lol)
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....the last deviled egg when it turns out that somebody else really wanted it?

I would say pate de foie gras, because being stuck in a cage and force fed to make liver grow unnaturally large sounds pretty awful, but I prefer regular old chicken or turkey dressed up with a little sauteed onion and thyme and maybe a splash of kirsch.

I think I'm over feeling guilty about eating food, even if it sends me over calorie or macro limits. Or do you find it makes the food taste better if you feel guilty about it -- like the "forbidden fruit" factor that draws some people into cheating on their committed relationships?
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Gummy bears and french fries. There are others, but those were the first two that popped in my head.
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Chinese food, I love chinese food!! :love: Cadbury Eggs, I like both the cream & caramel ones straight out of the freezer, YUM!!!!
  • goku89
    goku89 Posts: 160
    Options
    i'll step in and say a jimmy john's sub.

candy wise probably skittle or starbursts. oddly enough, those protein bars taste like crap.
  • leaaa92
    leaaa92 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Peanut Butter, Baked goods, pretty much anything chocolate :p
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Gummy bears and french fries. There are others, but those were the first two that popped in my head.

Oh gummy bears. Haribo gummy bears. I'd eat the whole package.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Beer.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    sushi. lot and lots of sushi
  • ninu13
    ninu13 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Nachos, buffalo wings, Ruffles, and ice cream! :love:
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Nachos with cheese, olives, sour cream, salsa and

G U A C A M O L E

And for dessert, a warm brownie with a scoop of ice cream and hot fudge on top.
  • texerus
    texerus Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Blue cheese stuffed olives
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Mine happens to be my favorite foods actually, I just love Reese Cups and apple pie! if they weren't so bad for me I'd eat them everyday! but alas I have not eaten either in six years..
    You haven't eaten your favourite foods in 6 years? :noway:

So glad eating doesn't make me feel guilty.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Anything sweet, preferably with chocolate. Like cake and cookies...

But things I actually eat? Soy caramel and hazelnut macchiatos from Starbucks. Justin's dark chocolate peanut butter cups. An Italian chocolate hazelnut candy called Baci. Back to Nature dark chocolate delight granola. Natural peanut butter. Silk dark chocolate almond milk. Sweet potato fries from Bareburger.
  • whisperwhitley
    Options
    No I only eat the sugar free forms of Reeses and Apple pie. I cant eat whatever I want, I would lose control and over eat and get myself in a mess.
  • baconandwaffles
    Options
    Twizzlers
    Chocolate chip cookies
    Pizza Hut breadsticks
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the minority then because I don't really have any 'guilty' foods. I read through everyone's responses and thought, "Nope. I have that." to pretty much every one. I honestly eat anything I want in moderation. I know there are people who can't do that, but I can't do it the other way. Once something becomes a 'guilty pleasure' for me, the minute it's around I obsess over it until I eat it... all. But if nothing is off limits and I can have it, like say brownies, I know I can have one every day until the pan is gone and even then if I want more, I just make more! Getting into that mindset has really helped me to get over the food idolization. Because the other way I just kept thinking well, I should eat it ALL NOW because tomorrow I will need to be good on my 'diet'. Instead of thinking that way, I think long term about my averages and whatnot and have it making it work into either my day or my week or even my month. I know not everyone can do it -- I've seen it in too many people. But you might want to consider working towards that. As time goes on, it may get easier.

But what do I eat less of now than years ago? Probably Asian take-out. There are a few Japanese/Thai/Chinese places here that have some great food, but we just don't seem to order from there as much. Once in a while we 'splurge' and do it, but I've gotten so skimpy on the food fund that unless I am going to go there and they are going to serve it to me and then clean up the mess, I'd rather eat at home! LOL