Replies

• Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    What groups do you belong to?
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I've seen some casual sexism, but I haven't noticed any racism or homophobia. Do you have examples? The mods are pretty good, If you report something like that I'm sure they'll take action.
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mq7nvhCCpj1qz4rgp_zpsdc0a01ec.gif
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Well slap my *kitten* and call me Charlie.

i would, but i aint no queer!

ETA: 10/10, would go gay for SS. bet he has an *kitten* like a peach...an iron peach.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I'm not a bigot. I hate every single person on the planet equally.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    It's the internet
    This ^

But I met my hubby on the internet 11 years ago..is this a bad or good thing :laugh:
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Do you believe anyone will jump up and say "You know what? I AM a bigot?"

Come now.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I've seen some casual sexism, but I haven't noticed any racism or homophobia. Do you have examples? The mods are pretty good, If you report something like that I'm sure they'll take action.

all this time I thought I was being objectified for my body. Now I realized it's sexism. So many ism's going around.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Well slap my *kitten* and call me Charlie.

i would, but i aint no queer!

In. To slap SS and skullys buttock.

Theres something magical about buttocks.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Do you have any examples?

I believe he is referring to this

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1123467-want-a-sensible-weight-loss-program

Oh my. OP used the phrase "classic white person tactic" in an accusatory manner and is now making this post calling out others for bigotry? Well slap my *kitten* and call me Charlie.

^IN. I mean THIS. :blushing:
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm not a bigot. I hate all people equally......:devil:

Kidding aside, I'm really not a bigot at all and I don't think I've really seen much bigotry on here. Occasionally, but not often.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    The only racist comment I saw in there was your own OP.
    But I am white, so i must be racist myself, right?
    On the other hand, I am not from the US, and English is not my native language so I am hoping that gets me some brownie points?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You can't possibly be this obtuse.

Oh wait. This is MFP.

JUMPCLIFF.gif
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I've seen a great deal of sexism, racism and homophobia on this website. Things like insulting other people by calling them gay, insinuating that attractive women at the gym must "be there for attention" and bashing anyone who doesn't speak English as a first language.

I believe that the MFP community is really only "supportive" of a certain demographic, but I hope I'm wrong. That's why I'm making this post. I believe even those who are against racism and feminist also deserve a space on what is, after all, a public website. But if I'm alone in believing that, then I'll stick to the more useful journaling portion.

trolling-1.jpg
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It is the internet not the site, people get all bad a** behind a keyboard. If you find something inappropriate report it, I have been here 3 years (under a different name this one is new) anyway, I have never seen the problems you are referring to, maybe some snarky often mean comments but never sexist, racist or homophobic.

Actually, I have seen a few homophobic comments, but they are always from the stupid people and they are deleted quickly.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Naw. I hate everybody who isn't a purple unicorn.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    It's the internet
    This ^

This way of thinking ("it is the internet"), needs to stop. No, it is not the internet; it is the people using the internet, as a vehicle for their rudeness.
  • fiercemomma85
    fiercemomma85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just read the thread you posted, and this original poster on this thread said this in that thread:

Pretending that calling you racist is worse than dealing with racism. Classic white person tactic. Not working on me, however. I'm disappointed that the so-called supportive community seems to care more about whether someone is Western, white, and conventionally attractive than what they have to say. Disappointed but not surprised.

So classic white person tactic, lol, no that statement isn't racist. I am sick and tired this whole racist thing it just needs to go away, people are people there are good and bad people in every race, creed, and sexuality. Enough is enough jeeze Louise!!!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I think you will find it is everywhere not just MFP
  • ddixon503
    ddixon503 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    ok...EPIC~!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.