Why is there so much home schooling?

Options
123457»

Replies

• WarElephant5
    Options
    As a teacher, I can't blame parents for homeschooling. Especially good parents with high morals. Certain areas just don't provide good schools. Such a waste of time for some kids because teachers have to spend all their time catering to the constantly increasing number of children who need constant supervision.
  • IvyRose8
    IvyRose8 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Naomi! That's sweet of you. :)

But to be fair, as much as I like to take credit for our MIT student, I also have to confess to having a 12 year old with the work ethic of a tree snail. Hopefully there's still time for him!
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    1.) Violence
    2.) Horrible education system
    3.) Too clingy? lol. Not sure.
  • grandpoobah12
    Options
    And I might add, the idea of a common core, common ground with all of humanity is ideal. We are all human beings and should learn that our humanity transcends country, creed, race, and any divisor we choose to put on ourselves.

Let`s find out exactly what common core is, I have never heard of it.

I am confused. It seems you say you agree with Common Core.... Then you say you have never heard of it.

I don't know much about Common Core; I have been homeschooling for 13 years and have no need to keep up with what new thing the public schools are doing this year (as it seems to change every few years). I thought it had to do with all kids learning the same level things the same way. Stuff like: Getting math answers marked wrong, even though they are correct answers because they didn't use the method the teacher taught... That sort of thing. But like I said, I am no longer in the loop. 2/3 of my unschooled brood are in college now.
    [/quote]

I said I agree with A common core. What I mean is I agree with all of humanity learning about a common core of ethics and basic math, science skills etc. Girls, Boys, all having the chance to learn. I thought that Common Core must be some kind of code for evil the way people talk about it on this post. So I wanted to know if the posters could illuminate what Common Core is.