Night on the town, is there a healthier cocktail?

Options
13»

Replies

• SummerLovesPhil
    SummerLovesPhil Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    They're all just about the same. If you get mixed drinks, order mixers with no calories (e.g. Diet Coke). Have a glass of water for every cocktail to slow yourself down.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    thats a stuff one i had a few beers for the first time in months the other months and two beers was nearly 500 calories, same as cider that high as well only low way is to have spirits but then your mixers will have calories not sure about wine don't drink it. As for food turkey is really low in calories and high in protein more so than chicken which is also good i like to add them to a sauce normally mushroom and peppers mushrooms onions, and either rice or pasta

Yes, I too would suggest bringing a TURKEY as your pot luck dish.......I'm sure it will be a huge hit.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I would personally turn toward a screwdriver, liquor w/diet soda, or lighter beer like Michelob Ultra, Bud Select 55, MGD 64, Beck's Light, etc.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    As someone else mentioned, http://getdrunknotfat.com/ is a GREAT resource for this question.

I like vanilla vodka with soda water and lemon. Don't forget to drink water between your alcohols, that'll really cut down calories without stopping you from holding a drink.
  • smallsadsam
    smallsadsam Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet but I don't see why it wouldn't be amazing... Raspberry vodka & water with peach mango Mio! I'll definitely be trying it next time a drink is needed!
  • TJ_Rugger
    TJ_Rugger Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Posting FAIL
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Bacardi or Vodka, soda and lime. An ox of vodka is average 69 calories.

according to wikipedia, there is no standard for the size of a shot in the US (although apparently in Utah its officall 1.5 oz), but that a bar shot is typically 1.5 ounces. always thought it was 2 oz.

that puts it at 103 and change which is a marginal improvement over beer and probably whie
    We drink vodka and diet soda (or diet sparkling cranberry/lemonade), if we are buying our own we buy the lower cal vodka (Skinny Girl) which is 46 cals a shot, I think. I think normal vodka is in the 60s or 70s per bar shot.

75 cals for a 1.5 oz serving. way better then beer and better then typical vodka apparently.

you also have to think 'am i typically consuming 1.5 oz a shot'. it might be considerably more... .5 oz will make a differnce over several shots.
  • eminenima
    Options
    vodka = 60 calories an ounce...

or eat less during the day and then get your drink on ..

one night of drinking it s not going to ruin your progress...

I've been drinking vodka and soda water. Bland, but you can get some flavoured vodkas that add a little zing but no additional calories.

When I am feeling like something more enjoyable I have a red wine. I find now that I am exercising more self discipline I am enjoying everything I consume that much more, and that goes double for a nice red. Not to mention I feel incredible now waking up after going to bed with a glass of red. Don't ask for details, please, but my morning... um ... routine benefits greatly.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    When dieting interferes with your ability to enjoy an occasional social event, it's time to cool it.

Go out, have fun. Drink what you want, eat what you want. If you can undo 21 pounds of weight loss in one evening out, alcohol poisoning will be a bigger concern than weight gain.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Others drink suggestions have been great - and yes - you don't need to panic. But don't drink margaritas if you are truly concerned. Light beers, and mixers with diet soda could be options.

As far as dishes - what kind of dish? Hungry Girl has some great ideas to check out. Depending on warm or cold dish - I make mini mushrooms with feta cheese and parsley on top and take that a lot of places.

You could also make mini roll-ups. take a whole wheat tortilla wrap, laughing cow cheese, veggies and a lean protein like ham or turkey, roll it up, slice it and voila!
  • TJ_Rugger
    TJ_Rugger Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Now I just want to see if I can post pictures or not....

b7f907336773a529382e65f5ad53d814541b51e3fc48334c80382dc9460760b4.jpg
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Jameson and water... I usually do a single shot in a tall glass with ice, so I can enjoy some whiskey and not kill my plan!
  • missfrankie666
    Options
    I like cherry flavored vodka with lime seltzer water and then i usual squeeze a lime wedge into it. It tastes like a cherry- limeade. The seltzer water has no calories and doesnt have all kind of weird chemicals like diet soda does. Also because there is no sugar in seltzer you don't get as much of a hangover the next day. I think vodka has 76 calories per shot? I am not for sure though.
  • OlyTriNoob
    Options
    Shochu. A good clear shochu will taste similar to vodka with only ~13 calories per ounce.
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    www.getdrunknotfat.com

Lots of good ideas here.
    Great website, and there's an app as well. Thanks!
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to vodka sodas or whiskey waters if I'm looking to keep my cals lower. More often than not I just end up drinking a lot of beer though.

As others have said, don't let it stress you out too much. Have fun and don't let it ruin that fun. It's sounds like the two of you don't get to do this too often to begin with so make the most of it!