Does this drive anyone else crazy?!

Options
xSirensSong
xSirensSong Posts: 615 Member
Lose VS. Loose ~ Why is this so hard for most people, it seems?

I don't get it. :huh:

Replies

• TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    There...........Their.............They're!!

Totally get how it drives you crazy! :grumble:
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    wait, I don't get it. can you explain both of you? my english isnt good.
  • stephen4232
    stephen4232 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    I always make mistakes with these words.......can you forgive me.........PLEASE :flowerforyou:
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options

Some people are dyslexic. For some people, English isn't their first language. Some people make typos. Some people just aren't very good at spelling and/or don't care. Bad grammar is something that bugs me from time to time, but I generally find more pressing things to get stressed/judgemental about. :ohwell:

(... and if lose/loose bothers you that much, you might want to stay away from these boards.)
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

Some people are dyslexic. For some people, English isn't their first language. Some people make typos. Some people just aren't very good at spelling and/or don't care. Bad grammar is something that bugs me from time to time, but I generally find more pressing things to get stressed/judgemental about. :ohwell:

(... and if lose/loose bothers you that much, you might want to stay away from these boards.)

ahh.. give her a break, shes from Indianapolis.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    For the record it drives me crazy too! :drinker:

I know there are more pressing problems on our planet, but when I see someone who I can tell that English IS their first language write something like "HELP I AM NOT LOOSING WEIGHT drives me crazy.(Gotta love the ALL CAPS)

-- Of course I understand that many people feel that I am wasting resources just by responding... oh well :drinker:
  • xSirensSong
    xSirensSong Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I didn't really ask for an explanation of why people do it, still drives me nuts regardless. And don't worry guys, it's not like it ruins my day when someone does this, so I'm not 'wasting' energy or whateva. Just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat.

Chillax dudes/ladybros. :glasses:

Bottoms up, Chevy & Stephen! :drinker:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Bottoms up, Chevy & Stephen! :drinker:

Party On XSirens! :drinker:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    no
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Here we go
  • mclgo
    mclgo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    And YOUR is not YOU'RE
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    It does bother me, but I just enjoy as hearty laugh while reading.
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I usually disregard posts that are spelled incorrectly. I wouldn't go so far as to put the person down in any way though.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

OP, you are SO MUCH SMARTER THAN SO MANY OTHER PEOPLE AND NOW WE ALL KNOW IT!!! Yay you!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    everything drives me crazy.
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    No, it does not drive me crazy. Because you can still understand, in context, what they mean. And that is all I care about. Correct grammar is nice to read and preferable but if it's wrong I don't care as far as we can communicate. Me knows some french mouth and when me travels to french me will get speaking like this. Like I did with English as well at first.

What annoys me tho are people who are obsessive about those little mistakes and then corrects you and throws that in your face. Yea, I know my English is bad at times, but don't need to correct me and be a **** about it. It's annoying. Ya know...
This discussion has been closed.