Does this drive anyone else crazy?!

Options

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    this is the first thread on this! awesome post OP!

tumblr_m99z6tQ1Qm1ru1wbho3_250.gif

:heart:
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

OP, you are SO MUCH SMARTER THAN SO MANY OTHER PEOPLE AND NOW WE ALL KNOW IT!!! Yay you!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

y do u care if u can understan wat is meanin
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I like going to my local Walmarts, it's the best Walmarts in my city, it's just down the road from where I live...
  • paulylovesme
    Options
    Whats you're point?

She wants to loose wait.

LOL this made me smile :)
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Whats you're point?

She wants to loose wait.

They really should sea someone abott that.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I like going too my local Walmarts, its the best Walmarts in my city, its just down the road from wear I live...

FIFY
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Lose VS. Loose ~ Why is this so hard for most people, it seems?

I don't get it. :huh:
    Some people are dyslexic. For some people, English isn't their first language. Some people make typos. Some people just aren't very good at spelling and/or don't care. Bad grammar is something that bugs me from time to time, but I generally find more pressing things to get stressed/judgemental about. :ohwell:

(... and if lose/loose bothers you that much, you might want to stay away from these boards.)

I take it, that's a "no?"
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I don't get why spelling is such a big deal. PEOPLE! We could be bombing Labia any day now! :bigsmile:
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    It drives me crazy that people are so crazy they can't handle errors caused by simple typos, brain farts, mistakes, dyslexia... whatever! It' s hardly ever lack of education. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/southcarolinaguy/view/there-making-me-loose-my-mind-517536
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Geez people! The title of this board is "chit-cat, fun, and games." Loosen up!! (See what I did there...)

ETA: Yes, it drives me crazy. But my job also involves writing and editing, so I guess that's a good thing since it pays the bills.
    My entire job is writing and editing. But this is an Internet message board.

The terrible grammar in published works (Harry Potter, for example) drives me crazy. The average Joe's mistakes don't. Because I don't expect everyone to be an expert at spelling and grammar. I would probably drive a mathemetician crazy if we were communicating in mathematical equations, but I would hope he or she would cut me some slack instead of pointing out easily interpreted mistakes.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Whats you're point?

She wants to loose wait.

LOL this made me smile :)

:flowerforyou:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    qMtkLwZ.jpg

Yes, it drives me pretty crazy.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I will get in trouble for that, but it seems worth it.
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    does'nt bother me, as long as i can read it.

i am not OCD about anything i don't reckon'

?!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Whats you're point?

She wants to loose wait.

*snort*
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    same reason no one I know can spell definitely or HIPAA
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bug me so much as I get all judgey about the educational level of the writer. Obviously, if they are English as a second language, then I get it. But native English speakers/writers, especially those who have college degrees I will not cut any slack for those kinds of simple mistakes.

It makes me wonder how anyone can get a diploma without understanding some the most rudimentary grammar. I get it, and I only barely graduated from high school. I was .2 GPA points from flunking out. :noway:
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    "Man, I need to LOSE this LOOSE skin!" ... That's an easy way to remember it. Also, LOSE is like the short version of LOSER. YOU LOSE, not "you loose". And if you spell loser like "looser", well, then there is no hope for this world.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bug me so much as I get all judgey about the educational level of the writer. Obviously, if they are English as a second language, then I get it. But native English speakers/writers, especially those who have college degrees I will not cut any slack for those kinds of simple mistakes.

It makes me wonder how anyone can get a diploma without understanding some the most rudimentary grammar. I get it, and I only barely graduated from high school. I was .2 GPA points from flunking out. :noway:
    The same reason I have trouble with math past the most simple algebra and other people can handle PhD. level physics. Not everyone has a head for writing/spelling/grammar.

I do. It's second nature to me to the point where I'm darned near perfect, but I can't even explain most of it. I just KNOW it. Not everyone does. That person who can't spell loose/lose correctly might very well be a genius at something else.
This discussion has been closed.