Your Best Tip

Options
If you could give someone one tip, your best tip, for weight loss.... what would it be? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Be patient.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I'll go with the obvious... eat less, move more.

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water.
  • acoustictones
    Options
    Create habits and a life style that revolve around a good diet (what you put in your body), exercise/activity and rest.

My goal is to create habits that make these feel like an actual part of my life rather than a core that I have to try and fit in or truly pay attention to.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Plan Ahead
  • syemon
    syemon Posts: 50
    Options
    RIGHT what do you do when u get up in the morning ?? Ill tell you what you do ! Go buy your *kitten* a full length mirror ! and u put it on your bedroom wall ! and each and every morning you wake up you look in that mirror and you tell yourself "I CAN DO THIS" "I LOOK GOOD" "I FEEL GOOD" "IM THE BEST THING SINCE SLICE BREAD" and if you feel a plank you aint shouting it loud enough !!! Motivation comes from self belief , if you don't believe in yourself how do you expect others too !!! Now go buy your *kitten* a mirror and tell yourself u look GOOOOOOOOOD !!! :)
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Be diligent and honest about counting your calories, whether over or under.

And since people's emotions are the leading cause of failure with weightloss... don't get down on yourself either way.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    don't listen to what works for everyone else and do what works for you.
  • smpgetsfit
    smpgetsfit Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Planning and preparation are key!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Don't starve yourself.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Be diligent and honest about counting your calories, whether over or under.

And since people's emotions are the leading cause of failure with weightloss... don't get down on yourself either way.

That's a good one...

Everyone has good days, everyone has bad days. You will do. Don't beat yourself up over the bad ones.
  • krisrice87
    krisrice87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good at feeling "fit" feels!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation. Cutting out certain types of foods will set you up for failure. Along these lines, everyone falls off the bandwagon every now and then. The faster you get back ON, the more successful you will be with weight loss and maintenance. Note that this takes practice!!! Be patient with yourself.

And something that helped me a lot with exercise: If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you. Doing the same 30 min on the elliptical every day is going to cause you to plateau. Mix it up, find stuff you like, and give it your all every time you work out.
  • heatherannh23
    heatherannh23 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Drink half your weight in water daily.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Keep at it!! If you fall off the wagon, whether for a snack, a meal, an entire day, week, month, etc. GET BACK ON!!
  • brc912
    brc912 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Aim to win each individual meal, and if you fall off the bandwagon one meal, make sure you succeed in the next meal. Don't let one bad decision snowball into a bad day/week/month/year... that is how you end up gaining everything back...
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    do your own research and what you feel will work for you and tweak if needed
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Drink half your weight in water daily.

Dafuq? So you mean I should drink 120 pints of water a day? That would only be 40 gallons....
  • HealthyNurseK
    HealthyNurseK Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just keep going.

(This isn't about one meal, one snack, one day, one week.....Just keep going, and it will happen)
  • ptbodacious
    ptbodacious Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My favorite tip ever - Just because you tripped on the first step doesn't mean you have to throw yourself down the entire flight of stairs.