Urgent! Need to lose some fat Asap!!

Options
Hi people,

I need your knowledge and help please. I am going on a cruise in just over 5 weeks, and my fiancé proposed that we get married on the ship...OMG!!! What is your ideas and tips on losing the most fat in this 5 weeks? I am fully aware of the dangers of crash diets blah blah blah.....Please no comments on that! I think each fat person is a walking, talking diet encyclopaedia!!:tongue: ..or at least I know I am.

Please please please any advice for me! Thanks so much in advance...

Replies

• STC1188
    STC1188 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Eat less, exercise more--unless you are already running yourself into the ground. Then you might want to relax your efforts for a week and then diet again.
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats!! That's super exciting :flowerforyou:

Now, to talk business... if you're intent on maximizing fat loss in the next five weeks, the safest and most effective "crash diet" I know of is the protein-sparing modified fast (PSMF) aka Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss (RFL) program. Basically you eat almost only protein and leafy veggies and supplements (a ton of fish oil) for a limited period of time, depending on how much BF you have, and there are some built-in cheat meals and refeeds. He's pretty clear about how this isn't something sustainable but if you're working toward a short-term goal and stick to the diet you'll definitely be able to drop the pounds while maintaining more muscle than you could otherwise. I did this for three or so weeks in June and got down to a high school weight--my old shorts were literally falling off me. HOWEVER, once I got off the diet, I started eating carbs like crazy, so the weight definitely creeps back up. Be warned!

Summary: this is definitely not a healthy way to go about weight loss but if you're in a bind, I'd say it's pretty effective, and Lyle McDonald does know his stuff. There are a ton of sites out there that go into more detail on the diet if you google PSMF or RFL :) good luck!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    There is no magic way, just eat in a calorie deficit and exercise..... I wouldn't expect any major results in 5 weeks best you could hope for is a couple pounds a week lost and Congrat's on the whole getting married thing..... Best of Luck....
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Start six months ago.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Start six months ago.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Maybe not get married in five weeks, and say you want a summer wedding???

if that is not an option then:

create a calorie deficit and work out a crap ton ....

The most you can hope for is two pounds a week - very aggressive - which would give you about a ten pound loss.

oh, and yes start six months ago ...
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Bruno Mars would speak on behalf of your fiance.

"Cause you're amazing
    Just the way you are".

Change for yourself is alright. Set a reasonable timeframe (a year or two) and get to work. A goal of five weeks is unreasonable. Enjoy the cruise and congratulations. :drinker:
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say Congrats!! :smile:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd rather feel well-rested and well for my wedding/cruise than feel depleted and exhausted (and maybe 10 pounds lighter). Don't lose the big picture here.

However, if you do decide to do something drastic, make sure someone is recording the event. A good "bride faints at altar" clip will get you a lot of hits on youtube.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Cut off a limb?

lipo?

juice cleanse until you are hospitalized?

Or count calories and eat a reduced amount, while working out more, to do the best you can and be happy with yourself, making a life change for yourself.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd rather feel well-rested and well for my wedding/cruise than feel depleted and exhausted (and maybe 10 pounds lighter). Don't lose the big picture here.

However, if you do decide to do something drastic, make sure someone is recording the event. A good "bride faints at altar" clip will get you a lot of hits on youtube.

Perfectly said!
  • lynnfredrickson
    Options
    WOW! what an amazing thing to say to someone !
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I have my own two cents on this as well :)

My best advice would be to consider what type of dress you will be wearing. I had two weddings this summer (both to the same man :)) In June we planned an intimate cermony for just immediate family as that was important to me. It was planned one week in advance and I found a strapless, lacy dress to wear. I couldn't do much in a week, but knew I was OK because the dress was so flattering.

So 1 - find a good dress.

2 - work out the parts that will show the most. My big wedding day - with all our friends, relatives, guests - a traditional wedding - I wore a big wedding dress - long, full, strapless. For the first time in my life I couldn't care less about my stomach - I worked my arms and back like a beast and it totally paid off in pictures.

3 - watch your calories and work out. a lot. work out in the morning and walk or lift at night. I love when I can get two workouts in per day. Favorite days. Just eat high protein to recover. And count your calories. Do interval training for fastest results.

I know everyone will say something different. But realistically you have time to safely drop 10 pounds. IF you work your butt off. You can do it - but make sure to prioritize.

And have a blast! Oh and congrats!!!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I'd either just marry as you are (don't frantically try to lose a ton of weight in 5 short weeks), or put the wedding off for a bit. If I'm reading your ticker correctly, you want to lose 74kg? That's a fair bit of weight, and is going to take a while to shift. You can do it, just give yourself a lot of time and do it sensibly. Make lifelong changes and all that. Congratulations on your engagement, and have a lovely cruise. :drinker:
  • Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I personally just went through this situation. I needed to lose weight quickly for a trip. I ordered the Advocare 24 day challenge. It is a healthy way to lose weight. I lost 10 lbs and a total of 7 3/4 inches. (2 off my waist). You still eat regular food etc. I am not a rep, but if you want more info, I can hook you up with someone I know who is currently offering a discount on the products.

PS - even after the 24 days I have continued to use there products. I seriously LOVE the way I feel on them.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Slimbettie's profile

My Inspirations

* My children and my husband.

What does your current husband think of your upcoming marriage?

winky.jpg
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Slimbettie's profile

My Inspirations

* My children and my husband.

What does your current husband think of your upcoming marriage?

winky.jpg

Ouch.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Just stop. Obviously he wants to marry you either way and he's super excited about it as he wants to do it in 5 weeks. What's the purpose of trying to lose this weight by then? For the pictures? I am sure the dark circles under your eyes from starving yourself will be glorious.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    maybe just enjoy it and dont worry about it so much?
    obviously he digs you the way you are.
    deadline diets dont often end well.

good luck!
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Spanx.