Urgent! Need to lose some fat Asap!!

Options

Replies

• Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd rather feel well-rested and well for my wedding/cruise than feel depleted and exhausted (and maybe 10 pounds lighter). Don't lose the big picture here.

So much this. In focusing on how you look for a one day event (wedding), you are losing sight of the fact that you are getting married. Be happy about that and start working on your fitness for all the other reasons and benefits.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    He's already into you, obviously, so I doubt he's concerned about your weight and on that day, his opinion is the only one that matters.

I'm not really a fan of "quick fat-loss diets" and generally don't condone them, but (if you insist on doing one) the best I can offer is Dr. Ian's Fat Smash. You'll likely lose a lot of water weight at first, but it's designed to change your eating habits through 4 stages. The last one being the final and permanent way of life. (you won't reach that stage before your big day but you'll have reaped the benefits of the first stage or two at least. It's one of the few diets I've found that doesn't completely starve you in the beginning but it is very restrictive. I lost 6 pounds in the first 9-day stage. My friend lost 10. If you are determined/insistent to do something drastic, I think this is the least dangerous drastic measure...maybe.

I would rather you find a dress that compliments your current size and get plenty of rest from now until then so you'll look fresh. I'm certain you will be beautiful.

Congratulations and best of luck to you in your new marriage.
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Start six months ago.
    You are awesome!
  • LisaUlrey
    LisaUlrey Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the wedding! First of all, your fiance proposed to you because he loves the person that you are ( current weight or ten pounds skinnier). Losing all of that weight before the wedding is not healthy, especially with all of the nerves and stress that leads up to a wedding. Do it the healthy way and the results will last a lot longer and you will be a lot happier in the end.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    It may be just me. But, you are getting married, this should be the happiest time of your life. Focus on being happy, on your fiance, on enjoying every moment of this. The 10 pounds you could lose in 5 weeks are not worth the stress, imo.
  • jpolinisse
    jpolinisse Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Maybe try going low carb, high protein and exercise for the next 5 weeks?
  • Arleigh7
    Arleigh7 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Something that works well for allot of people at least shor term is a low carb diet. No bread, no rice, no crackers, no cookies, etc...

But do eat as much veges as you can as you'll need he fiber. One of the reasons Low Carb jump starts diets is it tends to help you drop allot of water weight which does help you appera thinner. But it's not the healthiest thing long term.

I completely agree allot of the adivce you've gotten. Eat less, move more. But for short term results you might want to give low carb a try (Atkins, Protein Power, Palelo, etc...)

Good luck!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    he loves you for you, but if this is important, bust your butt and eat as clean as possible and workout. Just don't go overboard on the working out and don't stop eating, because that does not help. Congrats!!
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I quit reading so if someone already put the real answer then disregard...

LIPOSUCTION!!

Wouldn't do it myself, but you could lose 20-30 lbs of fat in 2 hours..
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you need to stick to one story. But I agree. Focus on your relationship and marriage. But you should take some time to focus on defining what is realistic for yourself. You knew this earlier this year:
    TOPIC: The Over 300 Club
    Tue 06/04/13 09:08 AM
    thanks for accepting. i love reading your posts. for the first time in my life i dont want a quick fix and loose weight fast. after watching numerous videos on youtube and seeing what fast weight loss (if you have more than 100lbs to loose) does to your skin, i am more than happy to loose 8 - 10 lbs a month. so if it takes me 2 years to get to goal weight, so be it. and what a relieve it is to not make my goals so out of reach and feel like a total failure for not reaching it.
  • VEGGGA
    VEGGGA Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Eat raw or clean, and run run run!

I'm sure you'll bea a beautiful bride no matter what though! Your Fiance loves you just the way you are!
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Drink half your weight in oz of water.

Drink green tea instead of soda.

Cut out processed carbs (bread, pasta, etc.) and limit starchy veggies (potatoes, corn, etc.).

Bump up your veggie intake and limit fruit to two pieces per day.

Bump up your cardio and lift some weights. Try Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I will go a little off book....I'm sure you are going to try something aggressive either way....And If it is really important to you...Its best that you do your crash diet in the most intelligent way possible. Google "Lyle McDonalds Rapid Fat Loss Diet". Buy the book off his site and implement the appropiate strategies yesterday.

It is not a magic bullet and under the best circumstances we're talking maybe 10-15 lbs in the time frame your talking...But its something many people have done.

**WARNING** It is not an easy diet or for the faint of heart...It is bland and hard as nails. There is a high drop out rate...One of the dangers is not coming out of the diet correctly...Make sure you read the whole book. If you decide to do it, I would move back into something more moderate afterwards. It is not an ideal way to lose weight and can lead to binging and some other energy problems. But if you check out the forums over there at his site people have had success on it.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Eat raw or clean, and run run run!

Shhhhh.gif
  • jessjoye
    jessjoye Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I think each fat person is a walking, talking diet encyclopaedia!!:tongue: ..or at least I know I am.

You too!! My daughter always asks me how come I am always talking about losing weight.... I think she was trying to hint that she always hears me talk about exercising but never sees me do it. Kids, what do they know!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you but I'd rather befat on my wedding day than look tired, miserable, cranky and stressed from crash dieting.

Seriously, lots of meat, eggs and veggies. Drink lots of water. Exercise. Feel good for your wedding!
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Did you gain all that fat fast? Didn't think so. It's not going to come off fast. If you crash diet, you'll lose water and muscle more than fat.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Eat raw or clean, and run run run!

I'm sure you'll bea a beautiful bride no matter what though! Your Fiance loves you just the way you are!

eat raw? like sushi? I'm down. I have it on the brain today anyway.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    What is your ideas and tips on losing the most fat in this 5 weeks?

Very smart, talking of wanting to lose just fat, not weight.

No one, not even future hubby that must love you the way you are now, will see scale on your back with weight displayed. But they will see you. And fat loss is the most visible difference.

To lose the most fat in 5 weeks.

Set MFP to whatever activity level is honest, if you don't have a 40 hr desk job with long commute, and sitting on couch watching TV when not exercising - you are Lightly Active.

Set weight loss goal to 2 lb weekly, you can support that now.

To make it all fat lost for the most dramatic visible difference, strength train only.

Compound lifts, using barbell or dumbbells. You'll automatically be working the biceps and triceps one almost every lift.
    Heavy for you, such you can barely finish 3 sets x 8 - 12 reps with good form.
    Split routine upper / lower body 6 x week, that's 3 x each half of body. Should only take 30-45 min.

Log your workout time as strength training in MFP, take the calorie estimate even though it seems low compared to cardio, and eat it back, important.

The dual effect here is the lifting will help maintain existing muscle mass even though eating much less than normal, and the repair to get stronger burns fat for upwards of 24-36 hrs after the workout.

You do need to manually set your Goals for protein intake so the grams is equal to 0.82 x current weight, and fat to 0.35 x current weight, let the carbs fall where they may.

Meet your daily goal, don't think you are doing yourself a favor missing it by 100-300 calories. 50 over is better than 100 below type thing. If you can shove more calories in to 24 hrs post workout, the better the effect.

If you have more time, like a whole hr available, walk the extra. Whatever muscles are repairing will appreciate it.
    You do NOT want to interrupt the repair process with something that is intense and ruin that, that's the fat burner.

Here's a sample workout.
    Lower body day:
    Squat
    Straight-leg deadlift
    Deadlift
    Calf-raises
    Jack-knife situps

Upper body day:
    Bench press
    Bent-over row
    Incline bench
    Pull-ups
    Overhead Press
    Upright row

There's the recipe for the most fat loss. Oh, you will get very hungry as body really wants to improve with this workout, more than your diet will allow. Force it to use the fat by not eating more.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Reading your profile, under inspirations says you have husband now, so does your hubby know about this guy? Just wondering... :huh: