What clique were you in?

Options

Replies

• TonyaPietrzak
    TonyaPietrzak Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I was in with the "burnouts" which they were the leather wearing smoking weed,drinking southern comfort and going to parties. Meh it was fun in high school!!! Now I Wear hoodies and I don;t smoke anything nor do I drink and parties... Well mine consists of my children playing video games and drinking chocolate milk or the hard stuff which is mountain dew. And this kind of party is the BEST!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    no one....i never felt like I actually belonged to one group at all.

do not think this is a sad thing, I enjoyed high school and I had a good four years....but I drifted from group to group, fitting in with most of them, getting along with most of them...

when I graduated my year book was full of many people from many cliques leaving notes of "why didn't you hang out with us more?"

that was gratifying....

there was nothing wrong with any of them...i just never found THAT fit and I always knew it was me and not them.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I was a neutron. I floated amongst the cliques, and got along well with all. I was pretty mellow back then. SO, I didn't get into all the drama of jocks vs. preps vs stoners vs. nerds.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Was never in one, but had friends all up and down the "social ladder"

pretty much this..
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I hung out with the outcasts, but was friends with a few of the potheads. I mostly hung around fellas because I get along better with them than I do girls.
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I was never associated with one. I pretty much did my own thing and got along with everyone.
  • elishazf
    elishazf Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Jocks and the party people
  • fiercemomma85
    fiercemomma85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I hung out with the punks and outcasts
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Band geeks and the country kids.
  • swede160
    swede160 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My nickname was Daria (from Beevis and Butthead). Enough said.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    We were a college prep school, so everybody was smart. I hung out with those gifted in the arts (studio, graphic, music, drama etc.)
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Jocks and party crowd. But everyone was a pothead so "click" did not exist in my high school.

I got along with everyone but had my own group i hung out with most of the time.
  • tinamariecleg
    tinamariecleg Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I was a shy, stick with my own circle, kind
  • swede160
    swede160 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    In this usage "clique" is the accurate spelling. Like I said, my nickname was Daria. :wink:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Band geeks and the country kids.

I read this as "bad" geeks and I was like, "oooooh...what are bad geeks?!?!?!" Do they do EVIL science experiments :heart:
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I was in the nerd crowd. Comic books, computers, video games (when they were still considered nerdy), anything in the fantasy genre, chess club, etc.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    at my high school the main crowds were the "ravers" and "metallers". And they hated each other. The problem I had was I actually liked both styles of music, and clothes, and so couldn't be classified, so I suppose you could say I was in the "I like both rave AND metal and will wear clothes from either style as I see fit and if you can't cope with that then that's your problem" clique (if you can call a group of one person a clique, which I think you can't so my answer would be "none")

ETA: I was also unclassfiable on the scale of "boff" to "rebel" (as the terms were back then, boff = nerd/geek/intelligent) because due to undiagnosed dyslexia and ADHD I was a very bright underachiever and teachers hated me but I still was top of the year in maths (yes the entire year number 1 as per mock GCSE scores) and also near enough top in physics and biology (I didn't do chemistry, yes I'm that old I predate double award science GCSE)
  • silenceinspace
    silenceinspace Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I think its spelled click.
    A "click" is a sharp, short sound like you might hear when you hit a key. "Clique" derives from the French "cliquer," which means "to click," but the French spelling "clique" carries the meaning of "exclusive group or set."
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I was the good girl with the bad kids and the bad girl with the good kids. My school was mercifully big enough that there wasn't one "cool" clique and there was pretty frequent mixing of friend groups. I liked to hang out with whoever had good parties. Still do (not the same people, clearly) ten years later - all my best friends organize the greatest social functions.