What clique were you in?

Options

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I was a chameleon for the most part, though most of my long-time friends are from band and chorus.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Band geeks and the country kids.

I read this as "bad" geeks and I was like, "oooooh...what are bad geeks?!?!?!" Do they do EVIL science experiments :heart:

"Bad geeks" are the ones who quote Star Wars wrong.
  • bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I went to a small, private school. My graduating class has 14 people. The whole school, from K-5 to 12, only had around 250 people. We really didn't have a lot of cliques. Not enough people!!
  • bunkahes
    bunkahes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    the click that i had in high school changed each year, the first couple years was trying to find the click, hanged out with goth, nerds, church kids, stoners pretty much everyone, accept the rich kids. at the end of my high school yrs either friends dropped out or graduated and hanged with few friends.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I think its spelled click.
    Uh, no.

clique
    klēk,klik/Submit
    noun
    a small group of people, with shared interests or other features in common, who spend time together and do not readily allow others to join them.
    synonyms: coterie, set, circle, ring, in-crowd, group; club, society, fraternity, sorority; cabal, caucus; informalgang
    "almost no one from her clique showed up at the reunion"
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I clicked with all the cliques
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I clicked with all the cliques
    I was practically invisible in high school. For one thing, it was a huge high school and I got there just in time for class and had to leave immediately after. I go to reunions and no one can figure out who the hell I am. I feel like a crasher.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    A "click" is a sharp, short sound like you might hear when you hit a key. "Clique" derives from the French "cliquer," which means "to click," but the French spelling "clique" carries the meaning of "exclusive group or set."

umm, French isn't allowed on MFP forums. You can read the guidelines that only English is allowed. Hence why I told OP that it is click, not clique.

Please don't try to force your french upon us. Theres a reason America is a Super Power
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    A "click" is a sharp, short sound like you might hear when you hit a key. "Clique" derives from the French "cliquer," which means "to click," but the French spelling "clique" carries the meaning of "exclusive group or set."

umm, French isn't allowed on MFP forums. You can read the guidelines that only English is allowed. Hence why I told OP that it is click, not clique.

Please don't try to force your french upon us. Theres a reason America is a Super Power
    But you Americans are using English improperly anyway. :tongue: You should be incorporating your 'u's like most of the rest of the world, neighboUr. :wink:
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I was the shy quiet kid who would hang out in the back of the cafeteria by the exit and ate by myself. I was socially uncomfortably with large crowds of people. But whenever someone did make an effort to talk to me, I would hold a conversation, but I never seeked friends. lol, so I guess I was a "strange" loner girl.

Funny thing is, I hear from people now, that never spoke to me in HS, that they thought I was "mute" or "didn't speak English" because I rarely spoke...meh :indifferent:
  • silenceinspace
    silenceinspace Posts: 142 Member
    Options

Oh my gosh! You're so right. How could I have forgotten?! Everything that Americans say is correct and English is not in fact derived from a dozen other languages from which we continuously steal words!

Thank you for correcting me, my red white and blue comrade!!!!!11!!
  • westoweighless
    Options
    mostly jocks and stoners but pretty much rolled with everyone except the preppies

i wanted to beat the **** out of all of the preppies. stuck up ****ers

edit: i guess we cant swear here haha
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    one of the most popular-
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Athlete..........gymnastics and track. Otherwise I hated school.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    band geek/arts... I was in band, theater, art, photography. There wasn't a stigma to being in that group, but i was never cool enough to be popular.
  • psych0kitty
    Options
    Early 90's freak/geek. Got good grades, was in orchestra, but did bad stuff. ;)
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Unpopular clique?
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    none..I was normal... I was in Band, Soccer, Swimming, had friends, and went to the vocational school... a bit of a geek but overall just normal
  • yourlittleloretta
    Options
    I was in with the athletes/"popular" crowd...years of cheerleading, cross country, track and basketball.
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I belonged to ALL groups.....well except maybe the stoners...although I had friends who were firmly in that group.