Is eating a HEAVY Breakfast the way to go?

Options
13»

Replies

• Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had 3 slices of 50/50 bread, 2 sausages and 2 slices of bacon with a cup of cappuccino for breakfast. Total calorie count: 753. I skipped lunch because I was not hungry, although I had 2 cups of tea and plenty of water throughout the day. At about 5PM the hunger started to set in. So, I had slices of dried mango, another 330 calories. When I got home, I did my Insanity workout, had more water, then went to bed.

Woke up this morning feeling hungry, so I had a white egg omelette with cherry tomatoes, onions and spinach and a cup of tea (294 calories), which was not filling!!!! Feeling hungry now!!

I notice that when I have a heavy breakfast (I have even tried rice in the morning - about 10AM), I am good until evening. When I don't feel full in the mornings, I tend to binge throughout the day, eating all sorts of "bad" calorific foods - and once I start,I cannot stop! Is it only me?

I need a good breakfast. It helps me lose weight faster and keeps me energized. I work out first thing in the morning on an empy stomach so when I'm done I need my carbs and protein.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I do a medium breakfast, but high in protein. I never understand how others are fine with yogurt or cereal, but I accept that it works for them. I pretty much eat the same thing every morning and it works for me two fried eggs over toast, I use a little mayo rather than butter on my toast. Why? Because I like it that way LOL. Slight variation sometimes ... hard boiled, poached, scrambled, and occasionally an omelet. However pretty much the same :) It has worked for me.

I am similar. I can only go with yogurt for breakfast if it is Greek and involves the addition of nuts and honey. I don't understand how some people skip breakfast or eat a piece of fruit only - I would be very hungry by 10 am. I usually have an egg taco (egg fried in canola spray with or without veggies added, small tortilla and splash of southwest dressing) or something similar.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I do, especially at work. It gives me the energy I need to get through the busiest part of my day. Afternoons are usually calmer around here, so I eat a big breakfast (at 7:30a), a small lunch (at 1p), and usually have a snack around 10:30a. By the time I get home and get dinner made, it's 6-6:30p, so I'm relatively hungry then. When I eat a larger breakfast, I find I don't snack as much during the day either.

I think it's just your preference. My endocrinologist and diabetic educator both recommended eating a larger meal to start the day, a smaller lunch, then a light dinner, with a snack here and there if needed.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Bigger breakfast always helps me, but i still have to eat a little something for lunch.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    YES, IF You want BAD HEALTH! The Morning hours from 4AM to Noon the Body is in Elimination Stage, during this period it is getting rid of all the stuff you ate the day before or TRYING to. During this time you should assist your Body and have only water, fresh fruit juices or fresh fruit if you get hungry. You MUST retrain your Body and Mind if HEALTH is your Goal.

Just THINK, what has gotten "US" in this state or Obesity and poor Health. This Country's eating habits are based on economic and political agendas, and of course OUR continued Ignorance. Research YouTube for alternative views, check out Dr. Latham (LaTham), Dr Morse... You do NOT have to adopt all that they say but research and maybe incorporate some DIFFERENT things into your Lifestyle; over time You will benefit.
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    My husband is like that, he is a breakfast person, where as I am a coffee and piece of toast for breakfast person. The when Lunch comes along, I love to have a good filling lunch!!!

Its a personal preference In my opinion!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    YES, IF You want BAD HEALTH! The Morning hours from 4AM to Noon the Body is in Elimination Stage, during this period it is getting rid of all the stuff you ate the day before or TRYING to. During this time you should assist your Body and have only water, fresh fruit juices or fresh fruit if you get hungry. You MUST retrain your Body and Mind if HEALTH is your Goal.

Just THINK, what has gotten "US" in this state or Obesity and poor Health. This Country's eating habits are based on economic and political agendas, and of course OUR continued Ignorance. Research YouTube for alternative views, check out Dr. Latham (LaTham), Dr Morse... You do NOT have to adopt all that they say but research and maybe incorporate some DIFFERENT things into your Lifestyle; over time You will benefit.

whut
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast every day -- 1) to get my metabolism going for the day. 2) because I love food. 3) because i'm hungry when I wake up.

On the weekends is when I have time to make a "big" breakfast.usually 500-700 calories. but on the weekdays I usually only have time to make something normal -- a breakfast sandwhich, apple and yogurt, banana and toast, etc.

but yes -- eat breakfast everyday -- and when possible eat a big breakfast! I prefer to eat most of my calories earlier in the day, versus eating them late and having to sleep on it all.
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options

wait.... what?!

ignor this ignorance. go eat your breakfast.