Natural Laxative suggestions please

Options
1235»

Replies

• KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My mum used to eat liquorice during her chemo sessions when her whole system was messed up. Used to work for her.

This is my suggestion as well. Black licorice. This seems to be the only thing that works for me. I've tried prunes, upping my water intake, drinking coffee...
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Sorry, i know, TMI topic but advice would be appreciated.

So, i've never been a person that poos daily. Its about every 4 days for me. Yes, i'm serious. People always said that i needed to eat healthier/drink more water/ cut out the junk food/ etc etc. Well i've obviously done that but no change. I eat lots of fruits and veggies daily, I average about 12 cups of water a day, still twice a week tops. Thursday I actually took my very first laxative because it had been a week and my stomach was starting to hurt. I dont want to rely on these. Any natural remedies anyone can suggest?
    Prunes will do it.

Edited to add: as I see other people said. :bigsmile:
  • mkarrington77
    Options
    If you're looking for an organic herb tea to try, go to your local health food store and buy some loose artichoke leaf...it looks weird, and it's sort of bitter, but you can down it if you add some lavender flowers or some chamomile flowers to it!
    Drink once before every meal, and it should get you regular, and it's not addictive since its just herbs. :)