500 net calorie diet

Options

Replies

• l_clc
    l_clc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    If this is a real post (which I highly doubt it is) then just relax and feed yourself! Like someone said earlier, this isn't a race. You didn't put on all the weight overnight, and you're not going to take it all off overnight either....put some effort into this, EAT to energize yourself, EXERCISE to feel good and forget the whole starving yourself drama, it'll be worth it.
  • meganbarnes713
    Options
    This almost sounds like an eating disorder. It's definitely not the way to do it! I know you're motivated to lose it fast and will go to an extremes to do so, or so it seems, but it will not benefit you in the end. You won't be miserable, or achy, or feel unhealthy if you do it the right way! People on here should only comment to encourage and show you the right way because we don't want this to lead to something else. 500 calories is not enough, especially with all the hard exercising you're doing. DO IT HEALTHY, in the end you'll feel much much better!

I hope this helps and if you need any more help, you can always message me.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Ok i get what everyone is saying that its bad and unhealthy, but the diet has given good results in losing weight.
    I've lost like 14 lbs on that one month i did it, somehow thought it seems even harder than before...

Good results??? I lost 312 lbs. losing 1 to 2 pounds a week over the course of 3 years and guarantee my way is much more healthier than yours....... :wink:
    Your not just awesome!
    youre-awesome.jpg

Your Bill Murray awesome
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Your side effects are word fot word what my low blood sugar crashes are. Im hypoglycemic-when i get confused and disoriented, its a problem.
  • michelleLynette
    michelleLynette Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    i'm wondering if what im doing as a diet is healthy for me?

From doing this diet, i feel so weak,tired, some headaches, a bit of weird visionary feelings, terrible neck and back pains and a few times,
    I think you've answered your own question. :huh:

You are absolutely not eating enough and setting yourself up for all sorts of problems (screwed up metabolism, messed up hormones, potential for hair loss, plus all the fun stuff you're already experiencing.

Eat your calories - MFP makes it so easy. If you want to lose the weight and keep it off, do it right - enter your info correctly and your goals realistically into MFP, and then eat your calories. If you exercise, eat those cals back, at least a portion of them, as MFP tells you - your daily NET cals should be at or near goal. Eat well, drink water, take rest days, get good sleep, and be patient.
    Im with her
  • mikej1978
    mikej1978 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I disagree with your diet but, there is no such thing as "starvation mode"
  • bease418
    bease418 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes your diet has given you a big weight loss. Not trying to be rude, but now stop. You feel bad headaches ect... This site is about how you can loss weight and not kill yourself in the process. Please eat at least 1200 calories and any exercise calories. You will loss weight. The real key is to make better choices in the food you eat so that you feel great. And exercise. Hate to tell you but some peeps on this site are going to rip up apart. Weight loss that is not health is real bad. And quickly added back once you stop.

Good luck in your journey.
  • elsdonward
    elsdonward Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi

You are getting some good advice on here from good people. This fitnesspal thing is not just about losing weight - but it is also about you and your life as much as anything. I will tell you a story. When I was about 25 my marriage broke up - and I ran back to Mom and hid from the world. I was fat.

Then one day my sister asked me to take her to the dance. I looked through the door and saw a vision of people enjoying themselves. I went home and from that point forwards I ate about 500 calories a day. I went down to 11 stone 7 pounds within a couple of months. My own brother did not recognise me.

Then I went back to that dance. I stood at the bar on my own and ordered a drink - and within ten minutes someone put a note in my hand. I never looked back. That was many years ago but never forget it and what it did for my life I went to the rugby club and going thru the door someone was coming out with their kitbag I asked him where someone could get a game of rugby. He said You are Welsh arent you? I said yes and he said Saturday - my life started from that point forward.

But still make sure you get a good mix of proteins, carbs and fats and avoid junk foods
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    If your body is telling you that your diet is unhealthy, you should listen. If you want your body to continue to work properly, that is. If you don't care about that, and just want to be a thin hospital patient, then do whatever you want.

Honestly, people make this whole process a lot more of a pain than it needs to be. Just cut back on the calories an appropriate amount. You don't have to do anything else. I didn't. 12 pounds down, 5 more to go. Since the beginning of September. That's a pretty good loss rate, as far as I'm concerned.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I call troll, but I can afford to waste a few mins on one response (even for a troll).

If you're not a troll, why would you ask for opinions on a low calorie diet (the results of which can have long-term health implications)?

Should you trust the answers received from those who 1) have no verifiable credentials, and 2) are not accountable in any way, shape, or form for their advice?
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    If you really have to ask if the diet is good for you when you report it giving you the symptoms below then, sorry, but I honestly think the next thing you want to be seeing your Doctor about is a lack of common sense!
    From doing this diet, i feel so weak,tired, some headaches, a bit of weird visionary feelings, terrible neck and back pains
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    You just opened a can of worms.......

This^^^^^
  • shadow2450
    shadow2450 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your opinions and reasons on why its bad...
    The thing is, i just wanna lose weight quickly because ive been fat my whole life and i thought its just time to do the last resort of powerful dieting and exercise. Doing this diet made me feel like i was losing fat and people actually told me it was working but the effects it gave off as a consequence were unbearably painful through the physical and emotional state.
    I just hate waiting so long for results and i thought simply subtracting calories towards a goal that doesn't trigger the starvation mode would help me get to my dream quicker....

I'll change my diet to something a bit more in adequate weight loss levels because i dont wanna end up destroying my body with a damn diet -.-

any suggestions for a good healthy diet? like in calories and stuff??
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Put height, gender, weight, and activity level into MFP.

MFP will supply a calorie number.

Eat that amount.

Win
  • mikej1978
    mikej1978 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I commend you for wanting to lose weight. Compute your TDEE and subtract 20% MFP will do this all for you.
  • robinb07
    robinb07 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Um, go through and read what people have already suggested. Furthermore, go into your profile and just set MFP up correctly- it will tell you exactly what you need to do.
  • Go4it1985
    Go4it1985 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your opinions and reasons on why its bad...
    The thing is, i just wanna lose weight quickly because ive been fat my whole life and i thought its just time to do the last resort of powerful dieting and exercise. Doing this diet made me feel like i was losing fat and people actually told me it was working but the effects it gave off as a consequence were unbearably painful through the physical and emotional state.
    I just hate waiting so long for results and i thought simply subtracting calories towards a goal that doesn't trigger the starvation mode would help me get to my dream quicker....

I'll change my diet to something a bit more in adequate weight loss levels because i dont wanna end up destroying my body with a damn diet -.-

any suggestions for a good healthy diet? like in calories and stuff??

RESPONSE:
    Calories no less than 1200 calories. Increase protein (eggs, fish, chicken, turkey, almonds etc.) intake and try to intake more complex carbs (like whole wheat cereals, brown rice, pasta, soy & linseed bread etc.) and less simple carbs which turn into sugar (flour, white pasta and rice). Make sure you drink 2L of water per day. Also getting enough sleep is important too.

Protein and complex carbs take longer for your body to break down so you will feel full for longer and have enough fuel to keep going. Low GI is another thing to look out for (complex carbs should have this) as this keeps your insulin levels more constant (not dropping which is what is probably causing you dizziness etc.).

A good way to approach is whenever you about to decide what to eat - ask yourself which has the most nutritious value?

Keeping your metabolism chugging away by eating 3 small meals and 2 snacks can help. I usually try to make meals around 300calories to 400 calories and for snacks not over 200 cals (fruit, raw veges, yoghurt is great for this).
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    From doing this diet, i feel so weak,tired, some headaches, a bit of weird visionary feelings, terrible neck and back pains and a few times, insanity!...jk on the insanity but i feel close. Hunger isn't an issue anymore since its gone away now but it's just the other stuff that annoys me.

If your diet was healthy, you would not be having the symptoms you describe. In fact, it is downright dangerous. If any doctor ever told you your diet is healthy, he/she should have their license revoked.

It sounds to me like you have an eating disorder. You need to talk to your doctor about this.

If you eat at a calorie deficit, you will lose weight, but it does not have to be as drastic as you have been doing.

Edit to add: just saw this:
    You have probably just made the best decision of your life. I'm proud of you, very proud.

The best of luck to you.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Ok i get what everyone is saying that its bad and unhealthy, but the diet has given good results in losing weight.
    I've lost like 14 lbs on that one month i did it, somehow thought it seems even harder than before...

But you're also seeing and feeling the side effects - tired, etc. it's not healthy. Try to net at least 1200 if you're a female and more if you're a male.
This discussion has been closed.