Short Girl Problems

Options
124»

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Or chairs where your feet don't touch the ground. :( I'm 5'3 but all my height is in my torso

I have this problem too!! I relatively short legs and relatively short shins and I'm short to begin with (5'1")

I like my Toyota Yaris though.... it's the only car I've driven where I haven't had to pull the seat right forward to the furthest forward position of all the seat positions to be able to reach the pedals. (it's on the second furthest forward position, and going to the furthest one my knees are resting against the steering column) :drinker: @ Toyota for catering for people with little short legs.

On the plus side, I always get sufficient legroom on economy class flights :drinker:
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    You know what's funny? I'm 6'3" tall and my mom is 5'0" tall. When I went off to college she replaced me with a step stool in the kitchen. I came home to visit and there it was, my replacement. Now she didn't need me to reach the top shelf. :-(
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    My fav tool in the kitchen - a step stool!!!

They do say good things come in small packages/sizes..... <giggling>
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Haha OP that is my life... I'm 4"11!
  • DaWayne360
    DaWayne360 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". My wife is 5'7". I ask her to get Stuff off the top shelf for me. She likes to say "Hey, could you reach that for...oh never mind" I have always been good at climbing things to reach them, it is good excersize. :smile:
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    do you all climb in the freezers at the grocery store too?? how come every thing I want is on the top shelf???

...even 5 foot here....
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    i have climbed in/on freezers. I have asked tall ppl to reach things for me, although I find it quite embarrassing. It's tough being vertically challenged at 5' lol
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    <
    6' 2" always glad to help someone get an item from the top shelf in a store...gentleman thing to do:smile:

oh you are not short - -the term is vertically challenged
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I am married to a shorty also... 5'4"
    My daughter looks like she will end up being a shorty as well.... :laugh: :laugh:

So we just make sure we have stools in the house....or they call me. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Wingg_
    Wingg_ Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2'', there was once I couldn't get the milk at the top of the rack I literally jumped in the supermarket and couldn't reach it. Luckily, there was a gentleman who helped me out. Life of shorty... :ohwell:
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    Yep!!! On a regular basis. At 5'0 you learn to be pretty innovative. My kitchen hand mixer is always on the top shelf in my cupboard. Whenever I need it, I grab a knife and try to hook the coard until it falls into my hand. Works every time. Except, last time I went to use my mixer, it didn't work. Cord was cut......Oops
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    short girls are the sexiest
  • JoanaMHill
    JoanaMHill Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    5'3 and a half. My mother's slightly shorter than me and has shown me how to deal with it, such as if a product you want is far back on a shelf, to take a nearby box and use it to extend your reach. She still has to do a little hop sometimes, though XD
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Short girls ROCK!!! Just sayin...
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I hate being short. :angry:
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    I actually don't mind being short (4'11") but I do have several step stools of different heights at home (including kids size.. lol) and at grocery stores if I can't reach something on the high shelf I wil lift one of my kids up tp grab it for me... :P
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    I am always climbing up on the counters in my kitchen. Although I try to keep the things I use most within my reach, my (6'-tall) husband will inevitably come along and put something I need on one of the higher shelves. We have high ceilings, and some really tall cabinets. Occasionally I have to get a ladder.
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    in for midget chicks
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I like short girls.
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    I love being short (5'1")... then you usually don't have to worry about dating someone shorter than you... cause that just isn't right.