Why do men like spoiling women. (non giggity)

Options

Replies

• RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I guess y'all don't want flowers!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Some people just express love that way. There's nothing wrong with it IMO.

My partner does it. He's forever buying me things, even if sex is out of the question that week.

I'm not really sure what MY way of expressing love is yet. I think it might be burping.
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    Some people just express love that way. There's nothing wrong with it IMO.

My partner does it. He's forever buying me things, even if sex is out of the question that week.

I'm not really sure what MY way of expressing love is yet. I think it might be burping.

I'd prefer a fart, baby...just never had the nerve to tell ya in person
    edit....comma's are important
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    just a way to express that you care about someone
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I fart kittens.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    In functional relationships, I think a man wants to give to a woman because it makes him feel good to provide for her or just to make her happy. The woman above who said her husband doesn't have to work for sex because she never turns him down ... that's a prime example. He is fulfilled in the relationship, so his natural inclination is to do things that make her happy. I think the reverse happens a lot, too. When a woman is happy in her relationship with a man, she's going to work harder to keep him happy. And I don't think it's about self-interest. I just think when you are truly content, you have a more giving spirit.

This x1000. Could not have put it any better.
  • westoweighless
    Options
    Quite simple: to get some or give some

Stop farting kittens or I'm calling peta
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Why not? Embrace it.
  • westoweighless
    Options
    What If they come out to fast n hit me?

Could poke an eye out

Dangerously high velocity
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I don't like spoiling anyone...myself included....giggity or not
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    idk about others but I grew up in a culture where men are the "provider". While I don't strictly believe in that gender role, the thought that I should do something nice for the people I adore is still there.

And I don't necessarily think its only men who do it. Women constantly do nice things for us. Even my female friends (no sex or even thought about it. She is my best friends wife) would do things that're just nice. No reason needed for it. Just a way to show affection.

Another thing is that for many folks, men and women alike, food is a huge display of affection. I guess its grinded into us from our ancestors. A typical male would bring in junk food or chocolates etc for you. Or cook you something decadent which is bound to be loaded with fatty, buttery goodness.

Just my thoughts.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. I'm probably not the best to answer this, neither is my boyfriend.. We're both givers and like to keep each other happy, so my answer would be biased lol.

Therefore, I will be reading this thread to see what others have to say, as I've wondered the same myself :)
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    In functional relationships, I think a man wants to give to a woman because it makes him feel good to provide for her or just to make her happy. The woman above who said her husband doesn't have to work for sex because she never turns him down ... that's a prime example. He is fulfilled in the relationship, so his natural inclination is to do things that make her happy. I think the reverse happens a lot, too. When a woman is happy in her relationship with a man, she's going to work harder to keep him happy. And I don't think it's about self-interest. I just think when you are truly content, you have a more giving spirit.

This x1000. Could not have put it any better.

Agree with this completely, I was going to type out something similar but this says it.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    it's a 2 way street. when there is real, mutual love and respect, i think it's natural to want to see that person in your life happy. and to be the cause of that happiness is a wonderful feeling - male or female.
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    ^^^ this

one way streets lead to entitlement
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    They are storing up giggity points to use later.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I don't spoil. If I'm taking a woman on a date, I pay. But I don't shower a woman with gifts or anything. If someone wants to be with me, it will be because she wants me. Not because I buy her a bunch of chit.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Probably because it is their love language.
  • happyindian
    happyindian Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My husband likes to spoil me because he loves me :love:

Sometimes you just do really nice things for the one you love, just because :flowerforyou:

my thoughts exactly.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I've never been "spoiled" by a man. Pretty sure I wouldn't like it.