Why do men like spoiling women. (non giggity)

Options

Replies

• Nadine624
    Nadine624 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    "spoiling" isn't just showering with gifts or always giving into her. It can be bringing her a flower, leaving her notes in the morning, folding the laundry when she's not looking(if she usually does it), opening her doors or getting a pair of socks if her feet are cold. It can be a lot of things, not just buying her stuff.

Very true! I don't want gifts from a SO, I want time and to know I'm in their thoughts! :heart:
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    am I the only one that has never heard sex referred to as "giggity"? That's a new one on me.

It comes from "Family Guy" I believe..

Well that explains it :bigsmile:
  • Macgeek74
    Macgeek74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with spoiling someone unless they spoil you back which for some reason in many cases it seems to unbalanced. I dont do it ever unless its 50/50 and its not then im out. I know many people that think and say they deserve to be spoiled and don't do anything for the person. I think its human nature to take things for granted and spoiling can cause some bad behaviors.

It should be a genuine gesture and not some routine thing. Also it should be done because you care about someone and not because you did something wrong. Last thing, to the guys who spoil women to get in bed are most of the time is waisting their time and money because they usually go for the guy they are into which is usually the guy who doesn't care if he hooks up or not.
  • juniperfox
    juniperfox Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My husband likes to spoil me because he loves me :love:

Sometimes you just do really nice things for the one you love, just because :flowerforyou:
    This is the best feeling ever and the reason I do a lot of the things I do.
  • Pinkee33
    Pinkee33 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I've yet to meet that man! Boo.....
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I don't spoil women, I think it teaches them to like the things and not the man behind them.

Not sure if it was meant this way, but this makes it sound like we're dogs being trained to respond. We're not. We actually think for ourselves.
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Because I make him want to be the best he can be? He can't wait to come home from work to me.
    hard to believe.

Why? I can't wait to go home to my wife each night and she definitely makes me want to be the best man that I can.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I get why men would like to douse a woman they are trying to bed with anything they can to achieve that goal. Aside from or beyond that any of you guys wanna shed some light on why you guys do it at other times when no giggity is on the table? Or even just admit that you do it and why? I always thought women were supposed to be the "givers" and doting wives but sometimes that is just not the case, right?

Its just in my nature to make my partner happy as possible.

I'm not attract to females who are looking for gifts of monetary value. Although I have certainly have no problems with spending money on a special lady in my life.

Most of the gifts that hold true value in a relationship with me are gifts of the heart. Be it a playing/singing a song, a poem I wrote, or a simple gift that is intertwined with a distinct memory of a beautiful moment we shared.

Its just how I was raised, to see the value in the reasons behind the gift, not the price it takes to purchase it.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    I never thought about the "why."

Anything I can do to make her life a little better each day is something I try to do.
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Had a boyfriend a looooong time ago (when I was still freshand new and really nervous about the prospect of s-e-x) who did everything in his power to get me to perform. He bought me presents, he went religious, he even dropped the "L" bomb. All of his efforts fell flat because he was transparent in his obvious goal. His final words to me, which have yet to break my heart, were "FINE, I'll go find my p____y somewhere else!"

My husband, on the other hand, makes special ocassions out of normal days because he appreciates what I do for our family. All men are different, some definitely better than others.
  • ren_ascent
    Options
    I don't spoil women, I think it teaches them to like the things and not the man behind them.

Not sure if it was meant this way, but this makes it sound like we're dogs being trained to respond. We're not. We actually think for ourselves.

I kind of get what's being said. Once a person in general is spoiled to expect things, they seem to like the things better than the person. Materialism is kind of evil and who wants a materialistic spoiled brat?
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Because I make him want to be the best he can be? He can't wait to come home from work to me.
    hard to believe.

Really? Do you even know me?
  • rml_16
    Options

I kind of get what's being said. Once a person in general is spoiled to expect things, they seem to like the things better than the person. Materialism is kind of evil and who wants a materialistic spoiled brat?
    I think if you're shallow, you're shallow. And it has nothing to do with what someone gives you or how much. If I haven't developed the NEED to be spoiled by now, it's not going to happen because I end up dating someone who does it.
  • ren_ascent
    Options

I think if you're shallow, you're shallow. And it has nothing to do with what someone gives you or how much. If I haven't developed the NEED to be spoiled by now, it's not going to happen because I end up dating someone who does it.

You don't think people can learn/develop new habits? I agree some personality traits are more dominant than others but everyone has the ability to grow for better or for worse.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    I get why men would like to douse a woman they are trying to bed with anything they can to achieve that goal. Aside from or beyond that any of you guys wanna shed some light on why you guys do it at other times when no giggity is on the table? Or even just admit that you do it and why? I always thought women were supposed to be the "givers" and doting wives but sometimes that is just not the case, right?

(this thread is a direct response to "my SO is such a mean slimeball" and the ensuing "just break ups" and an attempt to understand the male hive mind in a totally different aspect. If you are a man-hater who has learned to hate all men because of one bad apple please save your venom for another thread. Thank you.)

In a truely good relationship, both partners are givers and sharers. I can say that after 42 years, my wife and I appreciate our relationship now more then ever.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    "spoiling" isn't just showering with gifts or always giving into her. It can be bringing her a flower, leaving her notes in the morning, folding the laundry when she's not looking(if she usually does it), opening her doors or getting a pair of socks if her feet are cold. It can be a lot of things, not just buying her stuff.

Aww!! He wins.

Amen...Amen
  • rml_16
    Options

You don't think people can learn/develop new habits? I agree some personality traits are more dominant than others but everyone has the ability to grow for better or for worse.
    I don't think a person who is not shallow to begin with is going to become shallow because someone gave her gifts.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I like to treat men well, they should do the same.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    why are no assuming no giggity is on the table? more to the point, why are you assuming that the man is assuming that no giggity is on the table?
    This.
    Roundabout giggity, on the table or off the table, is the best.

Roundabout? As in a reach around?
  • Andreaviolet89
    Andreaviolet89 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Men are a mystery. My SO will spoil me on Christmas but other than that there is no spoiling going on :(