The holidays are going to be hard

Options

Replies

• marko320
    marko320 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Enter the calories into this app before you eat, so the accountability doesn't fly out the window when you sit down. See if you can come in under budget on the 1st plate. Maybe you'll have room for seconds on a couple of standout dishes.

We tend to have big meals on holidays in the afternoon. It's a late lunch and early dinner. It feels OK to go a little overboard when you know you're done for the day.

Go outside and rake some leaves, throw a ball around, go for a walk, hang some decorations, etc. Instead of watching football, go play some.
  • ViktoryaC
    ViktoryaC Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Last year I was 40 pounds or so lighter.....a lot of family haven't seen me since then....I'm not looking forward t showing off my new poundage, and hearing all the comments, watching them watch me put each forkful to my mouth.....that's what worries me about the holidays!
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My holiday party tips are:
    1. pre-log what you plan to eat. You can always go back and adjust later
    2. wear tight clothes ie spanx or tight jeans so that you don't overeat
    3. stand and eat. I tend to eat less when I have to walk around holding a plate in one hand :wink:
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't thrill me, I don't eat it. Plain and simple.
    Like mashed potatoes at thanksgiving. Waste of calories that can be used on pie! :drinker:
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    The holidays are 3-4 days not months! Eat what you want ON the holidays not the days in between.

^^^^^ This......

Commercially, the holidays are months.... to get us to buy and consume more *kitten*. If you've truly made a lifestyle change.... you should be able to adapt it to times when people typical gorge..... that is, you should naturally be able to make some smarter choices, and keep your portions down a bit from the way you used to load up. Will I indulge over the hoidays? Yep... will I indulge the way I did last year? Nope.... I'll just feel better that I'm doing better than last year, and call it good.

homedepot-falliday.jpg

This is what I'm talking about... Anyone else seen that Home Dept commercial, where the husband invents the term, 'Fallidays?' I hate that guy.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    The holidays are going to be hard? Don't be silly.

Eat and drink whatever you like on the days which are actually holidays. Don't use it as an excuse to go on week long orgies of consumption. Outside of that stick to your plan. Job done.

You need to be consistent not perfect.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    So enjoy your holiday, remember ladies limit yourself to one drink; gents two. And hopefully we'll all see the other side of these holidays without gaining the typical 5 - 10 lbs.

tumblr_lz5ia86DVz1qdeocv.gif

That was a good one...
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I dont worry about it. I eat what i like. Its just a day.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    3. stand and eat. I tend to eat less when I have to walk around holding a plate in one hand :wink:

OMG. No disrespect, but that sounds terrible. I couldn't imagine being in tight clothes on Thanksgiving! :noway:

OP - Thanksgiving food is my favorite. I just can't resist. I'm going to try to workout for an hour or so that morning and then maybe take a walk after the big meal. It's one day. If you've been working hard every other day, you will be fine.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    So enjoy your holiday, remember ladies limit yourself to one drink; gents two. And hopefully we'll all see the other side of these holidays without gaining the typical 5 - 10 lbs.

tumblr_lz5ia86DVz1qdeocv.gif

That was a good one...

LOL. And by one drink, you mean one bottle right.....RIGHT?
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options

OMG. No disrespect, but that sounds terrible. I couldn't imagine being in tight clothes on Thanksgiving! :noway:

OP - Thanksgiving food is my favorite. I just can't resist. I'm going to try to workout for an hour or so that morning and then maybe take a walk after the big meal. It's one day. If you've been working hard every other day, you will be fine.

lol Everyone knows you pair an eating sweater with leggings to holidays, duhhhh. Still LOL'ing at the girdle suggestion.
  • PRMinx
    Options

lol Everyone knows you pair an eating sweater with leggings to holidays, duhhhh. Still LOL'ing at the girdle suggestion.

Seriously, I don't think there's anything worse than too tight jeans. I can feel the button marks forming just thinking about it.
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I actually logged a 1lb LOSS last Thanksgiving. I used to wear my "fat pants" (no joke) with an elastic waistband to Tgiving, and would go back for seconds, thirds…desserts. Last year, I wore skinny jeans and only ate until full, but ate the things I wanted; nothing off limits. Wearing my regular jeans helped because I didn't have the comfy expanding waistband of sweatpants, and paid attention to how I was feeling. Also, as others mentioned, use a smaller plate and fill your cup with water instead of pop and eggnog.
  • tinamariecleg
    tinamariecleg Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm giving myself a break on Thanksgiving day. I'll enjoy my day and move forward the next :)
  • ZeldaMarooner7
    Options
    Avoid the sugary stuff, (It's easy, until the pumpkin pie comes out) ;)
    Have smaller plates of whatever food there is, if you still get hungry, have some more, but smaller and smaller portions each time you go up for seconds.

Thanksgiving and Christmas will be the Holidays with most food and sweets, So try not eating all the sugary stuff all at once. Maybe 1 or 2 cookies a day will be fine, just make sure it's a not a whole pie in 1 day. :D
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on eating Chicken & spaghetti squash (rather than Turkey) & indulging in some of my other favorites like mashed potatoes & stuffing.
  • crlyxx
    crlyxx Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It's the holidays, don't be so tough on yourself. Hell, the holiday season is one of those few times we can even escape from our miserable lives xD
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Perhaps taking some time to enjoy the holidays for what they are...time to spend with family and loved ones, rather than obsess over every single calorie eaten?

#firstworldproblems
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    The holidays are 3-4 days not months! Eat what you want ON the holidays not the days in between.

^ This!! I'm totally enjoying myself.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    i handle it like this....
    binge.gif?w=645

Big_b2a56d_2983464.gif

rinse. repeat.