150 lbs gone and feeling better than ever (w/ pics)

Options

Replies

• AronKishore
    Options
    Congratulations you look fabulous and awesome.
    Good luck <3 and congratulations once again :)
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    You have done absolutely fantastic! BTW, you are freaking gorgeous :)
  • shesheo
    Options
    At my heaviest I didn't realize how big I am. I don't feel so big I must have been in denial until I saw a picture of myself on a day when I got my hair done, new dress, fresh makeup, thinking I looked really sexy.. I looked HORRIBLE and happy with all smiles.. That was in July and now everyday I glance at that picture as a reminder that I don't have to hide behind my weight. Thank you for your story and pictures. Great job and I am so proud of you.

Sheila
  • gypsyGIRL159
    gypsyGIRL159 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    HONEY, U R A GO-GETTER!!!!! SO AMAZZZING!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!! U R FREE TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE NOW!!!!!! I LOST 150 TOO.... (then gained 50 back) AND I KNOW THE FEELING... I am dropping weight again and since this is a TRUE Lifestyle change , I won't be gaining it back afterwards. THAT MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE!!!!! U LOOK SO YOUNG, AND FRESH, AND A L I V E!!!! I KNOW U FEEL GREAT!!!!! BRAVO!!!!!!
  • azavala78
    azavala78 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! So inspiring :smile: You look wonderful!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    You've worked hard and it shows ... Congratulations for the lovely transformation. You've lovely in both photos but your smile in the second photo speaks volumes:wink::flowerforyou:

You've an inspiration:heart:
    At my heaviest I didn't realize how big I am. I don't feel so big I must have been in denial until I saw a picture of myself on a day when I got my hair done, new dress, fresh makeup, thinking I looked really sexy.. I looked HORRIBLE and happy with all smiles.. That was in July and now everyday I glance at that picture as a reminder that I don't have to hide behind my weight. Thank you for your story and pictures. Great job and I am so proud of you.

Sheila
    this really got my attention... I still don't think I fully understand how big I was.. just when I think I can look back and remember, I grab a photo, yup I never had a clue. Wow, someone mentioned denial.. yup it's very powerful indeed, I no idea just how much! I think I don't have a clue now how big I am...
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Before and After... YOU ARE GORGEOUS!! What a fantastic job you did and you did it all on your own with hard work, determination and realistic goals... You are truly inspiring!! I too started this at my heaviest and like you never saw that "FAT GIRL"
    in the mirror... WOW denial is powerful!! ; ) I was always the one snapping pics never the one int he pics... One day my friend posted a pic of my husband and I and I was FLOORED on who that FAT GIRL was standing with my husband in my same outfit?? Reality Check Big Time!!... POW... here I am will all these great people like you for support and inspiration. Thank you for sharing your story!!! :flowerforyou:
  • LisaH1967
    LisaH1967 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. So very proud of you! Congratulations!
  • rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Awesome effort! Great job :drinker:
  • rhiannon_005
    rhiannon_005 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's absolutely fantastic!
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Wow, fantastic!!!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    w00t! Nize!
  • BlaqueBombshell
    Options
    I love the fact that you were okay with taking is slow with getting results over the long term. Most diets I start with the thought that I will loose 25 lbs in the first month or two. But I guarantee that I if I thought that way 4 years ago or even last year I would be much happier right now!. Thanks for making me think of the long term picture!
  • floridared
    floridared Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Simply wonderful. :flowerforyou: WTG :smile: This gives me hope. Congratulations for a job well done. You have done this so I know without a doubt you will reach your weight loss goals.
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    In the moment, I was never 100% comfortable with how slow it was going sometimes. I knew to keep it off it had to be slow, but I always wanted to be further. But now looking back, I am glad I learned to deal with my expectations and discomfort.
    I love the fact that you were okay with taking is slow with getting results over the long term. Most diets I start with the thought that I will loose 25 lbs in the first month or two. But I guarantee that I if I thought that way 4 years ago or even last year I would be much happier right now!. Thanks for making me think of the long term picture!
  • eduncan1983
    Options
    Great Job! That is very inspiring. A lot of people feel like they have to lose it all right away, and if doesn't work they give up and say I'll always be fat. But you show people that it can be done with moderation and consistency, and in fact it is probably a much healthier way to lose that much weight.

Way to go!
  • elainehannah
    elainehannah Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well done - your achievement is really amazing and is a great inspiration to me. I have struggled with my weight all my life, and am ONCE AGAIN trying to lose weight. I am super impressed that you stuck it out for so long, and didn't give up. I have always achieved a certain loss then given up and put it all back on again.
    I hope to be able to write a post like yours with before and after pictures as well.
    Watch this space! Lol :smile:
  • squishybarb
    squishybarb Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    :noway: amazing! you look fantastic. congratulations! keep at it! :flowerforyou:
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    You are truly inspirational well done :)
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    So anytime I hit any milestones, I like to put a before & during picture up, to hopefully help or inspire someone else, which in returns motivates me to keep going. I started this journey 150 lbs ago. I didn't realize how heavy I was. I realized that my weight was increasing, but the person in the before picture was not how I felt that I looked. I was working on my weight and then was in a car accident-- I couldn't work out for months and I was very down. I dealt with it with eating and this was the heaviest I ever was. There were lots of things to motivate me to start getting lighter and healthier. I also would like to mention that no one has ever said that I should lose weight (at least not to my face)-- my family never addressed it, my friends didn't, doctors, etc. I know it would have been hard to hear, but I wish that someone would have said something. But in October 2008, I decided that it was time for a change. I started working out and started watching what I ate. It took me 4 years to lose 100 lbs. I lost about 25 lbs a year and I was happy about that. Last October I made even more changes and became more focused. I lost the last 50 in the last year. I have about 35-40 more lbs that I want to lose and be the healthiest I ever have been. I realized that this is the smallest I have ever been as an adult and I am loving life. I didn't do anything to fix the problem quick- I didn't starve myself, I didn't get surgery, use laxatives, shakes, juices, or HTC, or anything else. I did it all with diet and exercise. It's been a great journey and I can't wait to see where the rest of it leads. I am excited that at some point soon I can finally have a before and AFTER picture, instead of a before and during picture. Hopefully I can motivate someone else and show you that hard work and a goal can help achieve your goals.

[img]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh38/bobbijodmb/weight loss/image.jpg[/img]

2 words-PURE AWESOMENESS!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!