Ex said I'm fat. He WAS right. *progress pic*

Options
alsuna
alsuna Posts: 65 Member
My story started in January, when my BF of 7 years broke up with me. I took one of the advises I got from my friends: happiness is the best revenge.

So, I decided that one part of my happiness would be if I could shed some weight. I gained about 35 lbs in 5 years, and the worse thing was, I didn't even see it. I didn't realize how big I got. Only now, when I look at pictures from my fattest times I can see how unhealthy I looked. I was obese, and I didn't even see it.

I started out slow, took long walks, and altered my diet, eating less in general, and trying to stay away from carbs. I'm 5'6'' and my starting weight was 189. Today I'm 2 pounds away from losing 50. But my greatest achievement is, that I enjoy my new lifestyle, a more active and more health-conscious me. I learned that a good workout lifts your mood too, no need to binge on all the comfort food (of course there are cheat days). I learned to take control over this part of my life, and make good choices. Halfway down the weight loss I forgot about all the revenge too. The first changes I could see in the mirror made me more self-confident and hungry for more success. I started to push my limits, try harder, run faster and longer, and not to give up so easily. I'm soon entering the 130's, and planning to do more lifting, to get more muscle definition. But I'm happy where I'm today.

c1b82031-ddbc-42bd-8015-57a3a9add743_zps28e1d651.jpg

Replies

• MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Nice job
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are at my goal weight! You look awesome, Congrats!
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Wow, definitely a change! Congratulations :)
    Perhaps you'll find someone much better, that instead of hurting you, will go through the journey with you! (If you haven't already hehe).
  • ruby1387
    ruby1387 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep going!
  • lovetoloveu42
    lovetoloveu42 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well done hun... I hope hes smirking on the other side of his face now!!!
  • SaharaDelta
    SaharaDelta Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Keep going and stay motivated!!
  • JCHH88
    JCHH88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look great! :)
  • slouw10
    slouw10 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Well done, I am very sure your ex can now kick his own backside!
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Go girl!! You look fab!!
  • dragoncake79
    Options
    has your ex seen your weightloss? You were beautiful before, I'm sure you'll meet somebody more amazing anyway...good for you x
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic ;) Keep up the hard work. :)
  • rachelarbre46
    Options
    Hi

Congrats on the this you are doing a great job here AND you look amazing.

Now you need to move to a new era away from the pain that your ex caused you....In life: "One door closes another door opens" so make sure this ex BF is behind the first door never and open it again.....when the time is right and the new fella comes along in your life he should adore you inside AND out...... you are the judge of a good character now......look out Cuba here you come....start shopping for the bikini you are ready!

Keep on keeping.
  • mdivamuffin
    mdivamuffin Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. What a transformation. Well done!!!
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you're in great shape!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    You look great..and glad you had a change of heart and did it for yourself. Forget the old bagage and I'm sure a new man who loves all of you will come into your life.
  • amandacondon
    Options
    God job!
  • Tribesmama
    Options
    Fantastic huni looking great :)
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You've done an amazing job.
  • Go4it1985
    Go4it1985 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work :D You are an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!