Operation lose a stone by Christmas!

Options

Replies

• bird_3_lee
    bird_3_lee Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am aiming to go down a dress size if it happens to be a stone then great if I can do it a couple of kilos I will be happy with that too.
    Good luck everyone! Im sure we'll all be rocking some fab frocks this silly season:drinker:
  • icklekimmy
    icklekimmy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Welcome everybody! Ashleigh this is week one of eight so you can put first weeks figures on copying and pasting mines onto it ????
  • XxMarciaxX
    XxMarciaxX Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I would love to lose a stone by christmas , but with my back and knee/leg/feet problems making anything intense impossible for me half a stone is more realistic . As i find it very hard to shift any weight now.

Im 11st at the moment im weighing in on saturday morning . could use all the support i can get :) x
  • kats201
    Options
    I'd like to lose a stone by Christmas, but no clue where to start. Do you mind if I try gatecrashing for some support-network / inspiration goodness?
  • icklekimmy
    Options
    Everybody is welcome here! Just set your own personal goal and stick to it! I use mfp to log cals but I couldn't do the whole 1200 calorie a day restriction. I used to fail at it repeatedly and then fall off the wagon! follow the 5-2 diet and its been only thing that works for me.
  • Kalilibird
    Kalilibird Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Brilliant- just the motivation I have been looking for. Have dropped from 224lbs to 160lbs this year. Need one final push before Christmas as have been finding it more difficult as the colder weather has set in. Porridge and Soup here I come! I next weigh on Monday.
  • sammyJo836
    sammyJo836 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join
  • Sugame301
    Options
    Count me in I need to lose 13 kilos for my birthday which is the 2nd January my new years resolution early
  • bridgeydidge8
    bridgeydidge8 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    YES!!! i was just telling my boyfriend i want to lose 5KG before Christmas! I live overseas so am heading home to see everyone again and want to look fabulous in the Aussie Summer :) i'm looking to start the 5 :2 plan, i have alot of social and work functions each week so it's very hard to control my calories every day, i think the 5:2 would be great so at least overall i can keep a hold of my calorie intake . Any tips?
  • judilockwood
    judilockwood Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Count me in too. At goal now but another 7lbs off would be great at Christmas. Make me just under 10 stone- whetheyyyyyy!!! I do 5:2 as well, brill method of losing weight ! x
  • Sugame301
    Options
    What is the 5:2?
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I have a work party on the 17th of December and I want to look fabulous! My goals is to lose 11lbs before then (from 178 to 167lbs)
  • Hitsujikai
    Hitsujikai Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Count me in too. My current weight is 249lb and I would like to be around the 230lb mark by the end of the year.
  • Atoriaz
    Options
    I'm in!! Just starting again after a long hiatus.

Most of my pals are inactive now :( - Please feel free to add! - tori.mitchell@gmail.com
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Probably won't manage it as I'm going on holiday for a couple of weeks, but hey, I'll do my damndest :smile:
  • DebMc2015
    DebMc2015 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am in too! I am going back to Ireland to visit my boyfriend & his family so I need all the motivation.
  • vicki9168
    vicki9168 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I will give it a go but not so sure on losing 6.3 kgs in two months, as I have not really lost anything in a couple months I would be quite happy with 3 kgs (I believe that is approx half a stone).
  • icklekimmy
    Options
    5-2 or intermittent fasting involves eating normally 5 days and 500 calories two days a week. There's research that shows it reduces risk of Alzheimers, cancer etc. There's a really interesting documentary from Britain on it. There is a 5-2 group on here where you can find out more info and there's a great fb page with menu ideas etc for fasting days. Alternatively Kate Harrison or Dr Moser (from documentary) books/kindle books on amazon.
  • rabbiter
    rabbiter Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This is my goal too! Won't be too harsh on myself if I don't hit exactly a stone, but it would be good to see some significant weightloss by the end of this term!
  • icklekimmy
    Options
    http://vimeo.com/m/54089463

Hopefully this link to documentary works. Please note that the first few examples are more extreme than 5-2 but it goes into 5-2 in more detail a wee bitty in!