seasonings you use for vegtables?

Options
donna56
donna56 Posts: 412
I want to roast some stir fry veggies for my lunch today. What kind of seasonings do you put on your roasted veggies?

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    When I roast them in the oven, I just spray a little extra virgin olice oil and eat them plain! Sometimes, I also sprinkle a little granulated garlic. I like to taste the veggie with that nice roasted / olive oil flavor!
  • Tandksmommy10
    Options
    I recently started using lemon pepper seasoning on just about everything. I used it on green beans, shrimp, pork chops, chicken, etc.
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Depending on the vegetables, I use the McCormick Gourmet Collection Mediterranean sea salt. It's sea salt with garlic, basil and oregano. Then I add some pepper and extra virgin olive oil. It's awesome with eggplant, tomatoes, and zucchini.
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Olive oil and fancy sea salt only. (Like Fleur de Sel) You don't need much salt but the bit you use ads a little crunch to the veggies. Mmmmm....that sounds yummy. I might need to have that for lunch too! Thanks for the idea!
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I use Lemon & Herb seasoning on just about anything! And I'ver cared for plain salt or pepper but man, do I love garlic salt and garlic pepper.... Depending on the steamed/sauted/roasted veggies, I will sprinkle a bit of parmesan cheese on them (works great on sauted squash & zucchini ;-) I also use spray butter or mist extra virgin olive oil --again, depending on the veggie and how they are prepared...

Good luck! Looks like you've got some great suggestions ;-)
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    My favorite for a lot of veggies is a light brushing of olive oil with FRESH chopped rosemary in it . . . amazing flavor!
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    i like to use mrs dash spicey really enhances the flavor of veggies!
  • donna56
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I have to dig my toaster oven out of the storage space, I haven't used it in a very, very long while but today is the day. The veggies I am using is what is in stir fry, I may try to use some Italian seasoning and see what happens LOL. I don't have the sea salt that was mention, but I do have spray olive oil. Thanks again for the suggestions.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    My favorite for a lot of veggies is a light brushing of olive oil with FRESH chopped rosemary in it . . . amazing flavor!

Mmm! Sounds delish!! I'm going to have to try this! :flowerforyou:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Any herbs that come out of my garden....rosemary, mint, thyme, chives, basil, parsley, sage, dill, and garlic. I also use really good sea salt, fresh ground pepper, and good oils (olive, walnut, sesame, almond, coconut and cashew).
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    I just use herbs and Mrs. Dash! Mrs. Dash all the way because it is sodium free and there are several different flavors. Check it out.
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I recently started using lemon pepper seasoning on just about everything. I used it on green beans, shrimp, pork chops, chicken, etc.

This is me I use it on all my veggies!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I go thru the Bulk Food section at Winco (Most major Grocery stores have one)

I start with Montreal Stek Seasoning and then start adding other bulk seasonings to it.
    Garlic
    Onion
    Paprika
    Pepper blends
    Rosemary
    Other Steak seasoning
    Other Peppers (red, white, black, lemon)

Anyway, I have a 1/2 gallon container that i keep adding to and tweaking as I experiment. I use it with Veggies and meats by just brushing on a little olive oil and then sprinkling the seasoning on. Then I roast or BBQ.

I even keep a little container at my desk to sprinkle on soups, eggs etc.

Tastes great. I have two guys I work with that swear by it. Every time I make a batch, I make a batch for them.
  • donna56
    Options
    I go thru the Bulk Food section at Winco (Most major Grocery stores have one)

I start with Montreal Stek Seasoning and then start adding other bulk seasonings to it.
    Garlic
    Onion
    Paprika
    Pepper blends
    Rosemary
    Other Steak seasoning
    Other Peppers (red, white, black, lemon)

Anyway, I have a 1/2 gallon container that i keep adding to and tweaking as I experiment. I use it with Veggies and meats by just brushing on a little olive oil and then sprinkling the seasoning on. Then I roast or BBQ.

I even keep a little container at my desk to sprinkle on soups, eggs etc.

Tastes great. I have two guys I work with that swear by it. Every time I make a batch, I make a batch for them.

Well that all sounds good as well. I wouldn't have thought to put steak seasoning on veggies, will deffinately have to try that, Thanks
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    We roast our vegetables on the grill. We use only olive oil.
    You can purchase a basket that you can put on the grill.
    They do taste amazing.
    Shirley61
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    giant ziplock bag, add 1 part soy sauce to 3 parts water, and then soak for 30+mins before grilling/roasting

adds that nice salty flavor and still goes well with olive oil if you go that route
  • NicolePayne
    NicolePayne Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    One seasoning I have really gotten into lately is called Goya Adobo without pepper (they have it with pepper also). You can find it in the mexican food section of your grocery store. I have put it on everything from veggies, shrimp, chicken, even microwave popcorn...it is great!! It is like if you took McCormick's seasoning salt and added more of a garlic-y flavor to it.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Mrs Dash because there's no sodium. I also tried sprinkling a tiny bit of parmesan cheese on some zucchini at dinner the other night, everyone loved it.
  • JGrinwis
    JGrinwis Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I used evoo, garlic, and rosemary.
  • fxdl2k2
    fxdl2k2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Daddy Hinkle's All Natural Seasoning & Rub--Several varieties out there. I use the Spicy Pepper and Sea Salt.