How long has it taken you to lose your weight so far?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Twenty pounds in five months...Was doing REAL good until the holiday season got here...Hope to maintain between now and the end of the year...

Reaan
  • tanashai
    tanashai Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I started about March 20ish-ish (not sure) and I crossed the 50lb lost mark on Halloween, so just over 7 months? I've since lost a few more pounds, but that's been in the last five weeks or so, lol
  • treefrogkate
    treefrogkate Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Started in July, so I've lost a little over 60 pounds in a little less than 5 months.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I started September 29, 2012 so I'm sitting at about 15 months and lost about 94lbs (I update my ticker every day so it reflects all the fluctuations and I'm definitely up today which is why it says 88lbs lost).

Since August I've been eating between a small deficit and maintenance and have only lost about 6lbs. If I had tried harder I'm sure I could have been at my goal weight by now (100lbs down) but the number on the scale isn't THAT important at this point and I really, really just like to eat.:bigsmile:
  • kaylorraine44
    kaylorraine44 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It has taken me 8 months to lose 43.2lbs. I hope to lose another 15lbs in the next few months.
  • librarianjenne
    librarianjenne Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I changed my eating habits at the end of 2006. Since then, I have steadily lost just a little over five pounds a year. Since I'm at an age where it's more common to gain a few pounds a year, I consider this a huge victory. I'm hoping to lose another 20-30 pounds in the next two to three years, so I've set MFP to a loss of 1/2 pound a week.

The advantages to losing weight this slowly is that I know the behavioral changes are permanent and I don't have to replace my clothes that often.
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I will have logged for 183 straight days (6 months) and lost 73 lbs. Could not be more surprised or happy with that result.
  • brianages
    Options
    2.5 months.
  • mcbc1611
    mcbc1611 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How I've lost 70 lbs. in 104 days (Edit Post)
    Posted on 12/12/2013 by mcbc1611
    I had tried many times dieting throughout the years only to end up falling off the "wagon". My wife kept telling me about myfitnesspal and after the Dr.'s told me I needed to lose weight for my health, I decided it was time to give it a try on Saturday, Aug. 31st weighing 296. The first thing I did was cut out my diet sodas. You have to understand how hard this was for me. I was drinking a carton and a half per day, not counting 20oz bottles when I was out and about. It was totally an addiction for me. Just stopping the sodas made me feel like a totally different person. My energy level picked up and I had more mental clarity. We were also used to eating fast food at least 10+ per week and we put a stop to that and have saved many calories and a lot of money. I began making sure I would get in at least 10,000 steps per day using Striiv. After a week of walking 10,000 steps per day, I began increasing that a little every day to the point of now I am able to walk 5-7 miles with ease. On a typical day, I eat oatmeal (190 calories) for breakfast, a grilled chicken wrap (175 calories) for lunch and a grilled meat, vegetables (approx. 600-800 calories) for supper. We always eat supper no less than 3 hours before going to bed. I also love snickers candy bars, so on those days where I really have a craving for that wonderful taste, I keep a bag of the bite size and have 2, which total 85 calories. When I started out, myfitnesspal allowed me 1,860 calories and as I've lost weight, it now allows me 1,470 per day. This is what has helped me the most...even though I am allowed all those calories, I only allow myself 1,200 calories. Some days 1,200 is easy to live on, and the days that it is more difficult, I have "extra" calories to use to satisfy my hunger. As of Monday, Dec. 9th, I now weigh 226 lbs and am working my way down to my goal of 200 lbs. I hope relaying my experience will be an encouragement to someone else, because if I can do this, I know you can also. Take care and God bless!
  • ReddHott77
    ReddHott77 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Started at 289lbs in December of 2009. Lost 50lbs by December of 2010= 1 year down to 239. I currently weigh 245.

Have yo-yo'd ever since.. ( I AM( WAS) YOUR AVID CRASH DIETER) but during the course of it I have really learned how to properly fuel and train my body and now I will take what I have learned over this past year (2013) and slowly turn it into a healthy lifestyle. I would like to lose another 65lbs to weigh in around 180lb and get my BF% between 20-25%. My goal is to have this done within the next 3 1/2 years, well before I turn 40. I'm 36 now!!