The HOLIDAYS are coming!

Options

Replies

• TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    not the holidays!!!!!!!! how will I ever keep off my almost 70lbs lost with all that EATING! I can gain that all back in 3 days if I drink as much bourbon as I would like to!!!!!! I am really worried about it OP, maybe we can wear spanx to thanksgiving in order to help us out?!
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    My plan is to EAT ALL TEH FOODZ
  • samanthacohoe
    Options
    My plan is to try to keep the feasting to the actual holidays. So, Thanksgiving! But back on the wagon the day after Thanksgiving. And then, Christmas! But back on the wagon for Boxing Day. In my experience, it's not the holidays themselves, but the whole "season of indulgence" that kills me.
  • oreoelle
    oreoelle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My plan is to steal a pecan pie and a bottle of wine. Then hide in the coat closet so I don't have to talk to the family member I can't stand.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    d34586a2-07e6-4335-8b0f-11bf7c70440e_zpseda80e4b.jpg
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    It's not even November and I've already read through 2 panic holiday posts. Is this what I can expect from now until the new year? Oyyyy.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    It's not even November and I've already read through 2 panic holiday posts. Is this what I can expect from now until the new year? Oyyyy.

Pretty much
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    This is my busiest season...so I will be making goodies...lots and lots of goodies. And I am cooking or baking for several weeks in the ramp up to the holidays.

In response to the spoon licking, taste-testing and quality assurance checks, there will be an increase in time spent at the gym!

I don't plan to sweat it too much, though I will probably become a closet scale checker. Any uptick of 5lbs or more will be met with an extra spin class or two...
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    It's not a big deal.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    yes they are!!

YAY! a reason to celebrate and enjoy!

how am i planning on eating during the holidays?

well, pretty much like i'm eating now....anything and everything.
    probably more cookies than i eat now though. and likely more alcohol. oh also...a lot more ham.

people that fear the holidays because of food are silly.

are you a silly one, OP?

do not fear the holidays...enjoy them!

fear.gif

^^^^ ALL THE WAY!
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    yes they are!!

YAY! a reason to celebrate and enjoy!

how am i planning on eating during the holidays?

well, pretty much like i'm eating now....anything and everything.
    probably more cookies than i eat now though. and likely more alcohol. oh also...a lot more ham.

people that fear the holidays because of food are silly.

are you a silly one, OP?

do not fear the holidays...enjoy them!

fear.gif

^^^^ ALL THE WAY!

WHOA that trips me out bro!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    My reply as demonstrated through meme:

images-3_zps273f00df.jpeg

tumblr_m5cwdqU5DH1rnvlqy.gif
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Not eating any differently, but will be drowning myself in Christmas ale...
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Honey Baked Ham is going to be epic.
    Also, I make a pretty awesome pumpkin pie and brownies.
  • JSPictures
    Options
    Oh my goodness you all are cracking me up!! This is actually one of the first times I've reached out to the MFP community since I've joined (I'm kinda a do it yourselfer). I am planning on enjoying myself and the foods of the season-- but making sure I still exercise, which seems to be key for me. Thank you all for your responses and funny pics and jokes! :flowerforyou:
  • egh1974
    egh1974 Posts: 147
    Options
    post-25067-And-Here-We-Go-Joker-gif-Imgur-x71M.gif

I'm throwing a flag for overuse of this gif in one day :drinker:
  • lima013
    lima013 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Just eat! share with family and enjoy the time! Everything in moderation is good! Even cookies!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness you all are cracking me up!! This is actually one of the first times I've reached out to the MFP community since I've joined (I'm kinda a do it yourselfer). I am planning on enjoying myself and the foods of the season-- but making sure I still exercise, which seems to be key for me. Thank you all for your responses and funny pics and jokes! :flowerforyou:

You just have to remember that Thanksgiving is one day of many days...Christmas is one day of many days...this is all about what you're doing most of the time, not an occasion like a holiday or birthday or whatever. Occasions are just that...they are occasional. In RE to exercise, you should always be exercising regardless...fitness is a lifetime endeavor. I'm training for a marathon hike through the desert in the spring and I believe I have an 14 mile, moderately strenuous hike slated for Christmas eve. I'm not going out of my way to do "extra" work though...you start developing bad relationships with food an exercise when you over indulge and feel the need to go and do some unplanned exercise.
  • wigtwizzle007
    Options
    You know, there are those times were you just need to binge or take a little break from the dieting to fully enjoy the holiday spirit and not have to restrain yourself :) I'm eating this holiday season
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I always thought it was crazy on Biggest Loser when they would show a Thanksgiving episode on how to resist eating too much. I have days here and there now where I eat over and I have made it through. I plan on enjoying the days but will try to not over do it throughout the entire season. I am going to try to save up some calories during the week before the big day too. I have a week vacation during December too so I have a bit of a battle but I figure it is only one week and I am usually more active on vacation then at home aside from exercise.