5'3 29 Bucket List Of AWESOMENESS! Need Friends~

Options

Replies

• GoldFish1326
    GoldFish1326 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    g82green: I love me some shorts! But I wear shorts with my bathing suit top so that'd be nice to not do that! Shorts & flip flops rule!

laurenpjokl: I've only ever baked bread once...it was BEAUTIFUL....a loaf of gold waiting to sacrifice itself for a grilled cheese of awesomeness....sooooo tasty but yes vegetables you can eat a wheel barrow full for like 7 calories...it's nuts
  • crash_aly
    Options
    Insanity is the best way to describe my frame of mind when I committed myself to the sprint triathalon.
    Broken down it looks something like this:

Half a mile of desperately trying to avoid drowning followed by a dangerous game of bumper bikes for 20 miles, if the pavement doesn't win out and and conquer me with road rash then I will end the day (because let's face it, these events are going to take me ALL day) running/walking/crawling and likely crying for 3.1 miles.

I'm twisted enough to have convinced myself that this sounds like fun.
    I'm going to prearrange being carried to the car after I finish. I'm pretty stubborn, so I am fairly confident I will finish unless major injury ensues...although with my history the likelihood of that happening is pretty high!

I shall write my will prior.
  • NyssaDuck
    Options
    5'3, started here at 174lb, now about 154lb. I love running... but I don't run. Makes sense right? I have a few leg issues but I plan on running again in the new year and will be signed up for a 10K in November 2014. Will be hittin' those roads with a friend. Can't be letting my short, weakling legs stand in my way of something so awesome as running!

Cheese is... A-mazing. Said friend above refuses to eat "raw" cheese as he calls it. I just don't get it!

Some great personality in this here thread. :wink:
  • GoldFish1326
    Options
    crash_aly: I LOVE the sound of this! Especially the part where you get carried to the food at the end! (I may have just fantasized that into the deal), it sounds challenging but not as scary as a full triathalon, wonder if we have those around here in Canada.

If it was here it'd be more like this methinks...

Get on those sexy knee high snow boots competitors and shovel 25 senior citizens driveways as fast as you can, make sure to use your back and not your legs, utilize the herky jerky motion to the fullest. NEXT: You only have to bike 2kms BUT you have to do it on the main road...there is no bike lane and it will be rush hour. If you fall, because you're riding the piles of gravel from the winter sanding, then we suggest trying to fall away from the cars but it's your perogative. Then do one lap around the block in the 2 feet of snow...it's like baywatch....but uglier...the winner gets a $5 Tim Hortons gift card and free medical care.

It's always to cover all the possible outcomes and only champions cry, my mom told me so!
  • GoldFish1326
    Options
    NyssaDuck: Awesome progress!

I too have a hate/hate/love relationship with running. I hate before I start running...I pretty much hate the actual running because of said difficulty and I love being done.

Ahh wee lassy cheese is the bestest, I really only run in the river valley...and then you see all the super fit people running the stairs shirtless...and I'm all like DON'T make me take of my shirt cause I can draw on a 6 pack like nobodys business! Point of story: hardcore runners intimidate me completely, the end.
  • crash_aly
    Options
    I think a Canadian sprint triathalon sounds like something I would sit around watching while drinking wine and illegally betting on who died next or who gets frost bite first! I can slightly relate to this scenario as a Minnesotan, if we did a winter one it would probably involve ice skating from lake to lake on unknown ice thickness to participate in different events while drinking beer and avoiding random holes drilled for tip ups and dodging snowmobilers. Healthcare won't be free at the end but no worries, the healthy younger generation will pay more for you being a dumbass!
  • GoldFish1326
    Options
    crash_aly: Oh you better believe it! Yes the fear of falling through thin ice would definetely be motivation to weigh less and skate faster. Still I like this sprint triathalon idea I'll try to find one in my neck of the woods thanks for the cool idea!
  • GoldFish1326
    Options
    Hello there my pretties!

Anyone interested in some 30 day pyramid challenge action? I'm still currently doing the 30 day squat challenge, and one of my lovely ladies pointed out I should probably add weight other than my own body to get results so there's doing that BUT I also would like to do 1 or both of these....

ANY INTEREST peeps? I like body weight exercises because I can do them at home without any equipment!

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/173107179400083429/ this one is 50 crunches, 40 mountain climbers 30 side crunches 20 in & outs 10 scissors and then back the other way...20 in & outs 30 side crunches 40 mountain climbers & 50 crunches

AND/OR

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/173107179401042912/ this one is 10 of each then 9 etc down to 1...of burpees, squats, push ups & sit ups
  • GoldFish1326
    Options
    NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEW GOALS!

Happy New Years Peeps!

I have added to my goals...oooh I just thought this up...I'm now 30...I should try to meet 30 goals this year...that sounds crazy...like Throw Mamma From The Train Crazy...but let's see...they can be little things I think....

Partial List Of Project Awesome Panda Bears:

- do 1 chin up (I current do none...I literally can't do monkey bars...something about not weighing 30lbs like when I used to do them in elementary really hinders my progress)
    - proper mens push up (s) I can pull of about 7 awkward 1/2 push ups...I know the form is el poor
    - run a 1/2 marathon (signed up for Chicago rock n roll in July)
    - run a full marathon eek...thinking Vegas November 2014
    - know what all the machines at the gym DO even if I don't use them
    - squat my own weight...this one might be very difficult but I'll give it a try...
    - 25 straight legged tricep dips NO stopping
    - finish my 1/2 marathon in under 2 hrs...egads
    - not barf during either run would be ideal
    - stop eating cheese and crackers as a meal sometimes....damn I love me some rice crackers
    - take a sweet picture in a bikini, no shorts
    - bring lunch at least 90% of the time (I'm actually usually good at this)
    - save more monies!
    - travel more, including planning for the next few years
    - finish lasering my legs...sounds weird but it's painful/irritaing and slightly time consuming but needs to be done
    - not eat when I'm bored only when I'm hungry

This is all for now...
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I love the new goals! I am 5'2 and 150 (sigh) but wanting to reach my first goal of 125.
    Love cheese and challenges! Bring it!
  • GoldFish1326
    Options
    Any particular type of challenge you'd be interested in? I did a 30 day squat challenge which was good just to get into a routine I was like even if I can't make it to the gym I could do this one small thing however some of my weight training friends pointed out there really should be some resistance added to the picture...and they didn't mean lifting blocks of cheese to my mouth dammit!

19 days til my vacation...I'd like to do something for the next 19 days straight...
  • GoldFish1326
    Options
    SOOOOO...As hard as it is to admit, sometimes I fail, I kinda hate that but it's my own doing. Like yesterday I failed on the gym but today I'll win at the gym and at getting salads back into mah belly! So that's a win. A few days ago I posted that it was really easy to just track my food and work out and then it just wasn't it was all belly aching *literally* and whining...but it was crazy how fast it went from easy to hard so I guess what I'm blabbing on about is knowing that peaks and valleys will always be my way and although I might fall off the proverbially (cheese) wagon...it's not like I had a pizza party for 20 in my mouth! <--- Thank God.

THAT BEING SAID:

I love clicking the done for the day button and being under my calorie goal and kinda feel like a bit of a loser when I'm not...I'm not sure if that's motivating...but I'm feeling like as long as I log my food I can eat almost anything and then budget around it to some degree and by ANYTHING I mean any variety not any AMOUNT of food. This kinda makes a long term plan of it because it allows me the flexibility. Yes I would eat a truckful of garlic bread and cheese if I could...but knowing that makes me less likely to put myself into that position.

So people moral of the story IT'S EASY to lose weight and IT'S REALLY F'ING HARD, depending on the day or the hour, but the big check mark/glittery star sticker/whatever floats your boat at the end of it is so worth it. I'm not there yet but glittery unicorn stickers here I come!!
  • angelus8756
    Options
    Hi im not 5"2/3 lol but am i welcome!! New in here!! Been using app but never realised you could chat!!
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    You had me at cheese! Let's be friends:) I'm 29...a bit taller than you at 5'6" but I think I'm shrinking:( Good luck with your goals. I'd love to sign up for a half marathon...sooner rather thank later.
  • GoldFish1326
    Options
    Sweet! Look at your ripped arms sexy lady!

I'm beginning to figure out the key to weight loss is just diligence...it's not ALWAYS being good, or never making a mistake...it's about over coming setbacks and knowing that even if all you've done is add a salad to your daily routine you're just a little bit healthier.

Sorry sentimentality over now, my personal progress has stalled but I know that's because I haven't worked as hard at healthy food choices and my gym commitment but I'm still committed to not sitting on the couch eating a family size bag of chips and honestly NOT considering that an option or having to fight that urge is one fricking awesome win!

ROCK ON PEOPLE.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I'll friend you even though I hate cheese. :laugh:

It's already getting warm here and spring fever will hit soon and I AM GOING to look smoking HOT in a bikini this summer!
  • GoldFish1326
    Options
    Hate cheese? That's crazy talk! But OKAY I guess I can cope with that.

See I've kinda been one of those wears a bikini without regard for other peoples discomfort at my weight and such but it couldn't hurt to look like a freaking supermodel right? Well like a normal sized person who's supermodel-ish....eating cheese....in a polka dot bikini...and rolling around in the sand....super hot!
  • GoldFish1326
    Options
    Mashed cauliflower with garlic, onions & cheese is now my boyfriend.

We will walk on the beach hand in han...err...in my mouth letting the wind blow in our long locks of awesomeness.

That is all, cauli mash is my sneaky potato nemisis who was building me some kind of a michelin man suit of fat soooo I don't really do potatoes much these days HOWEVER when it's -27C out it's nice to have something warm that isn't a salad. That being said I can add tons of delicious stuff to my cauli and still keep the calories decent, I am in love *swoon*

You Are Cordially Invited To The Wedding Of:

Mashed Cauliflower & Myself

Everything will be served with bacon, donations in the form of cheese accepted!
  • Plooty222
    Plooty222 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    BUMP! YAY for shortie love!
  • Plooty222
    Plooty222 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Side note - tofu shirataki noodles or the miracle noodles are great carb substitutes for pasta. Definitely recommend! Also, in lieu of pancakes - 2 eggs mashed with 1 banana - MMM.

And I may have to fight you for the status of wife of cauliflower! :-)