Weight Train at 1200 Calories

Options
Is it ok to eat just 1200 calories per day, and strength train for muscle tone 5x week.
I just want tone, not looking to get big! I have been losing massive weight 2 1/2 lbs per week.
Sometimes I eat under 1200 calories. I have a hard time eating. Like I said I just want tone.
I eat healthy, and know how to eat. I eat 90% clean and organic, I mostly cook at home.
I have stopped exercising for a month now, but I am dropping lbs by eating right, and less.
some insight would be good. Last time I did weights I swelled up ad gained weight, and was hungry
all the time. My friend tell me that I still look toned without flexing.

Replies

• MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Last time I did weights I swelled up ad gained weight, and was hungry all the time.

You have made a full recovery.
  • SkaterGirl704
    SkaterGirl704 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That's real helpful??????????????????????????????????????????????
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    i weight train 7x a week and do cardio every day and i eat only like 1400 calories.

so you're certainly fine at 1200.
  • SkaterGirl704
    SkaterGirl704 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you. And don't eat back calories or should I? Right now I weigh about 98 lbs. Don't wanna get bigger in weight.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    What kind of weight program do you do?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I remember you. :laugh:
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    i don't eat back any calories, i make sure i get 1200-1400 and regardless of how active i am, i don't eat anymore, unless i'm hungry then i would obviously, but usually i'm not

How in the world are you able to only eat 12-1400 calories a day??? That's what I eat as a girl who's darn close to being a midget!
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • californiabella
    Options
    i don't eat back any calories, i make sure i get 1200-1400 and regardless of how active i am, i don't eat anymore, unless i'm hungry then i would obviously, but usually i'm not

How in the world are you able to only eat 12-1400 calories a day??? That's what I eat as a girl who's darn close to being a midget!

wondering the same thing.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    i weight train 7x a week and do cardio every day and i eat only like 1400 calories.

lol

NO.
  • ladylaume
    ladylaume Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    98lbs!!!

I think you need to eat some more, but however even if your toning up your weight is going to go up since Muscle is more then fat....

Good luck
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    quick question. Do you have legs? Then maybe you are ok.

Otherwise, no. Eat more.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Sorry, OP, I really don't have any advice for you.

I'm just here to try to understand why a physically active 29 year old man would intentionally eat 1200-1400 calories.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I think it is a bad idea.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,533 Member
    Options
    OP how tall are you?
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

Sorry, OP, I really don't have any advice for you.

I'm just here to try to understand why a physically active 29 year old man would intentionally eat 1200-1400 calories.

In for the answer to this question too.... OP I am going to have to say I got nothing because I personally prefer to fuel my body for the demands of weight training and cardio but Best of Luck...
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options

kimleaving_zps6ca82ff0.gif
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,533 Member
    Options
    Strength training is good. It will make your bones stronger as you age. Advice for you is to find a trainer who can start you out correct in weight use, or read New Rules of Lifting for Women. :flowerforyou: