Hunger can make you happy

Options

Replies

• lottewiegeraad
    lottewiegeraad Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    tumblr_led49gyufo1qdlkgg.gif

One CAN feel a bit of rush in eating healthier, but if you're starting to feel high from not eating enough, that's a dangerzone right there.

I myself have experienced this, it is indeed a danger zone
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I am happy when I can run for miles and not hit the wall because I properly fueled my body and ATE ENOUGH! :grumble:
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    tumblr_led49gyufo1qdlkgg.gif

One CAN feel a bit of rush in eating healthier, but if you're starting to feel high from not eating enough, that's a dangerzone right there.

Haha but didnt our ancestors live with hunger for days and weeks and still run after their kills

Wasn't this because they were hangry - not euphoric? Now, catching that food - that'd be the rush!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I hate being hungry, but that's probably from all the times I didn't want to eat cauliflower for breakfast. Thanks, Mom!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Has no one read the Hunger Games? That ish will make you kill children.

You even saying or thinking that is disturbing! I know its a book but people just don't associate eating children with hunger or that is your first alternative to McDonalds.

They don't?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Hunger makes me a $%^&ing *kitten*.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    I think I sort of half get what OP is talking about. Feeling fuller on fewer calories kinda makes me happy, like "I'm good at this" sorta happy.

Strange...

Knowing that I just ate a ****-ton of nutritious food, enough to fuel my body for my daily activities, and I will still lose weight makes me really happy. :happy:
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I notice this myself - I feel slight euphoria as I cut my calories. Might help to motivate you (though can be taken to the extreme which I have also experienced) You can google for the actual published studies.
    http://www.livescience.com/2694-hunger-happy.html

bevh95.jpg
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Hunger doesn't make me a pleasant creature.

tumblr_mutwnkeDtG1slvpoio1_500.gif
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I am happy when I can run for miles and not hit the wall because I properly fueled my body and ATE ENOUGH! :grumble:

QFT!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

You even saying or thinking that is disturbing! I know its a book but people just don't associate eating children with hunger or that is your first alternative to McDonalds.

They don't?

But they don't eat the kids. ... I don't think. I'm only one book in and it's a trilogy.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options

They don't?

But they don't eat the kids. ... I don't think. I'm only one book in and it's a trilogy.

Yeah... no... no cannibalism. Just good old fashioned kid vs. kid violence.
  • Rachlovesfitness
    Rachlovesfitness Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I just get hangry
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hunger is a sign your bod isn't happy. Eat, eat well and you'll be fine. Don't promote starving yourself, and don't do it yourself either.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Maybe this is true for some, but hunger has never made me anything other than grumpy (and a little bit mean).

Ditto. Yet another situation in which backing away and throwing chocolate at me is a good idea :smile:
  • mtpage04
    mtpage04 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are that nothing should be taken to extremes. In my opinion, it helped me to experience a little hunger because it helped me reconnect with my body in a healthy way. I was a mindless muncher throughout the day. In order for me to gain some control, I needed to re-learn the signals of my body and what it needed. I started with cutting out the snacks and chose to eat three squares a day. That approach helped me stabilize my blood sugar and control the insulin response in my body that was driving my endless eating. Grazing throughout the day did not help me, it hindered me. In the end, I ended up eating when I was hungry and I gained control over my sugar cravings. Again, I am not endorsing starving yourself.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options

They don't?

Yeah... no... no cannibalism. Just good old fashioned kid vs. kid violence.

Have you seen battle royale? Like the hunger games (and made before too), only with more gore.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    If I don't get a minimum of 100 grams of protein in me per day, I get extremely cranky. That's what she said. :laugh:
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    if my body tells me it's hungry...I eat...it's what I eat that i need to watch out for....if I don't eat I get cranky, get a headache and just overall not a happy camper.

if it works for you, good on ye...I'll just keep eating my nums =)
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are that nothing should be taken to extremes. In my opinion, it helped me to experience a little hunger because it helped me reconnect with my body in a healthy way. I was a mindless muncher throughout the day. In order for me to gain some control, I needed to re-learn the signals of my body and what it needed. I started with cutting out the snacks and chose to eat three squares a day. That approach helped me stabilize my blood sugar and control the insulin response in my body that was driving my endless eating. Grazing throughout the day did not help me, it hindered me. In the end, I ended up eating when I was hungry and I gained control over my sugar cravings. Again, I am not endorsing starving yourself.

Sounds like a healthy approach to me. Doesn't sound like starving yourself at all. Everyone needs to be able to tell the difference between actual hunger and boredom/emotional/mindless eating. Allowing yourself to feel hunger does not mean you are starving yourself AS LONG AS you do something about said hunger in a reasonable time frame and manner. Getting a feeling of being "high" while hungry means you are going too far and that your body is starting to shut parts of itself down to maintain essential life functions. Very dangerous.
This discussion has been closed.