No-heat lunches for work

Options
13»

Replies

• UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I roast a bunch of chicken every weekend and then pull it for salads.

Lately, my go to weekday lunch at work has been a chopped salad with kale, green onion, red cabbage, shredded carrots and cilantro. I throw some of the chicken on top and use my own Thai dressing (recipe below).

Thai dressing (about 6 servings):

2 T peanut butter
    2 T soy sauce
    1 T honey
    1 T minced ginger
    1-2 T honey (to taste)
    1 clove minced garlic
    srichacha to taste
    1/4-1/2 cup water (depending on the thickness you like).

Edit: Sorry! Just realized you aren't into salads. :-/

This sounds AMAZING! Do you know the nutrition info for the dressing offhand? And how long does it keep for?
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    You can pick up a decent thermos pretty cheap if you like soups, chilis, stews...that kind of thing.

Or purchase one of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006H5V7ZY/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

best thing EVER! I keep it right at my desk, plug it in around 10-10:30am, and my lunch is heated up by noon-12:30 :heart:

:laugh: How big is it? I would feel self-conscious w a big crockpot on my desk. And, I don't think that I could sit there for two hours while my food is cooking and smelling so good. :laugh:

Ohhhh..no...it is a "baby" crockpot. It is about 5" high and about 5.5" in diameter...it holds 20 oz max. The cord wraps around the base and tucks into the bottom, so when not in use, you don't have a cord flapping around. It has a cute little handle to carry it back and forth, or you can just take the inner container back and forth (which has its own lid - and you can also buy extra ones so you can be using one and have a second in the dishwasher). You don't really smell the food cooking - the inner container has a lid, and then you screw the outer lid on...do there are two lids between you and the food while it is cooking. :happy:

Would it be lazy of me to buy this to use this next to my bed for the winter? :indifferent: Sometimes, I just don't feel like getting out of bed, especially when it's cold.