Options
13»

Replies

• CaptainHNNNGGG
    CaptainHNNNGGG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My favorites:

Optimum nutrition - banana flavor.
    Cellucor - peanut butter marshmellow flavor.

ON - Banana is disgusting

Almost all fruit flavored protein is gross

Truth. I tried ON strawberry and couldn't finish it.

Mixed 1 scoop strawberry with 1 scoop chocolate and it tasted like day old vomit.

I tried mixing them with better tasting powers but eventually I just tossed them out.

Right now I'm rocking chocolate truffle by I Force, and chocolate peanut butter but bioX. Both are delicious.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    There were negative posts in this thread?
  • CaptainHNNNGGG
    CaptainHNNNGGG Posts: 205 Member
    Options

She likes Banana
  • HAHAalex
    HAHAalex Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like Muscle Mik Light (Cake Batter, Banana or Chocolate Peanut Butter). I only use 1/2 a scoop with mik to reduce calories. I also buy mine off of Amazon to save money.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options

Truth. I tried ON strawberry and couldn't finish it.

Mixed 1 scoop strawberry with 1 scoop chocolate and it tasted like day old vomit.

Yeah... I tried to make the Neopolitan dream (minus crappy vanilla).... I agree, it was putrid.
  • bkyoun
    bkyoun Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Premier Nutrition shakes from Costco. 160 calories, 30g protein, 1g sugar and they taste great!
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I like Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard for after workouts and night protein. I also use GNC Lean 25 Protein in the morning, mostly as a way to jump start my daily protein needs and my fiber needs but I do not use it as a meal replacement.

As for the flavors, well that depends on your personal preference. I always buy a small amount first to see if I will like the flavor then I buy the 5lb tubs. And just as an aside, I have IBS so some protein mixes don't get along with me, Syntha-6 was one of them, which really sucked because it was yummy stuff.

I also mix mine with 2% milk instead of water and will add peanut or almond butter at night when I need extra calories.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I've used the Body Fortress and Kaizen Whey

BF - didn't like the vanilla. Triple Chocolate was good, Cookies & Cream was ok.
    KW - Decadent Chocolate, eeh.. it's ok, 35g of protein per scoop, so I deal with the taste. I just find it's missing something. I think I need to start trying to mix other things in! haha

Like someone said, you won't build much muscle in a deficit, but if your deficit is moderate enough, you will preserve the lean muscle whilst burning fat. It's all good!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

She likes Banana

My bad....carry on.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I love muscle milk!!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I like Muscle Mik Light (Cake Batter, Banana or Chocolate Peanut Butter). I only use 1/2 a scoop with mik to reduce calories. I also buy mine off of Amazon to save money.

The Muscle Milk Light Chocolate Peanut Butter was really good. I can't remember why I didn't buy it again.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

She likes Banana

My bad....carry on.

haha yup, that was it. ;)
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    ON powder is very good (some flavors), but if you don't mind the extra cost, or can find it on sale I recommend Isopure low carb or zero carb powder. It has much less of an artificial sweetener taste, and includes 50% of most of your vitamins for the day as a bonus.
  • fitwithwhit88
    fitwithwhit88 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wrote a post on this the other day...Hopefully this helps when you're looking for new brands/flavors!

Full list of brands I've tried include:
    --Body Fortress (Chocolate PB - delish, especially if making a shake with a frozen banana and/or PB2 added, Strawberry - tastes great!, Cookies N' Cream - doesn't really taste like Oreos or anything, oddly, tastes more like coconut to me, but still good!, and Vanilla. They also make a Vanilla isolate which tastes great and has more protein and even fewer carbs).
    --Bodylogix (from Meijer, Vanilla - awesome flavor. Probably my favorite powder of those I've tried thus far. A bit pricier, at around $20-$22 for 2lbs., but worth it! High protein to carb/fat ratio)
    -- Designer Whey (Vanilla - okay, but not really my favorite, even if it only contains 100 calories/scoop)
    --Generic Meijer store brand (Chocolate and Vanilla - these are okay if you're on a tight budget, but definitely not my top pick)
    -- Muscle Milk (Graham Cracker - INSANELY good flavor. Does contain more fat and carbs than most traditional whey proteins)
    -- Syntha 6 (Cake Batter - wouldn't recommend this one. Flavor seemed off to me and has composition similar to Muscle Milk. If the flavor was better, I'd take it, but since it's not, I'd prefer a powder with a higher protein ratio to carbs/fat.

I've heard lots of great things about Optimum Nutrition and plan to purchase that brand next. From what I've read, this is probably your best value powder in terms of grams of protein per dollar.

After puchasing as many powders as I have, I now order pretty much all my protein from Vitacost. Definitely the most bang for your buck and super fast shipping. Also, if you purchase through the following link, you'll receive $10 off your order of $30 or more (full disclosure - I also receive a credit for the referral, but, hey, we both win!) Hope this helps! https://www.vitacostrewards.com/jpI3EaR
  • celcey
    celcey Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm usually short on time and always on the go so I like Pure Protein's ready to drink shakes In Frosty chocolate and also in banana.
    35 grams of protein and less than 4 g of depending on which flavor you choose.