Lose 15 lbs by Valentines Day Challenge

Options
Would anyone be interested in a Challenge group to lose weight by Valentines Day? I have about 27 lbs to lose but I want to lose it in a healthy and getting fit manner. So I have opted to lose it slower and if I lose more than that - then great. I plan on doing weight training and combining it with running and/or my Insanity dvd's if I can't get out to run because of the weather. I have downloaded the runkeeper app and the gym hero app to help keep track of workouts.

If anyone is interested - let me know and let's start a group. I'd like to start on November 4 as our first week.

I am almost 50, 5'2, very active and at that age where losing has been a harder task than when I was younger. I need more working out and motivation to keep at it.

Replies

• socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Would anyone be interested in a Challenge group to lose weight by Valentines Day? I have about 27 lbs to lose but I want to lose it in a healthy and getting fit manner. So I have opted to lose it slower and if I lose more than that - then great. I plan on doing weight training and combining it with running and/or my Insanity dvd's if I can't get out to run because of the weather. I have downloaded the runkeeper app and the gym hero app to help keep track of workouts.

If anyone is interested - let me know and let's start a group. I'd like to start on November 4 as our first week.

I am almost 50, 5'2, very active and at that age where losing has been a harder task than when I was younger. I need more working out and motivation to keep at it.

Love the idea, but please let us enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas. The seasons are moving extremely fast as it is.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I do plan on enjoying my holidays. I just don't want to wait until one month before my Valentines trip to try to lose it all. I enjoy working out and hope that by staying on track over the holidays I can minimize any gain and hopefully lose a little.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I have about 17 left until my goal weight (though the number may change up/down as I get closer). I am lifting weights, just started running a little last week, and do fitness blender workouts at home. Weight loss has been slowing in the past couple of months so I think a challenge group would help keep things interesting.
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Awesome! I'll send you a friend request.
  • suttercm
    suttercm Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I do plan on enjoying my holidays. I just don't want to wait until one month before my Valentines trip to try to lose it all. I enjoy working out and hope that by staying on track over the holidays I can minimize any gain and hopefully lose a little.

I have 28 to lose until April - my birthday. The holidays are going to be hard for me, because I am planning on cooking all my favorite foods, but I could definitely do this, as it would leave me with only 13 pounds more until April. Count me in.
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Great! I'll create a group and do the invites.
  • Wanderer1224
    Wanderer1224 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    hello!

count me in!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    You can put me on it I'd better lose 15lbs by Valentines day or I'll be very upset with myself. I am going to try very had to stay on track most of the holidays.
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm in for losing!
  • HexyleneGlycol
    Options
    Im in for losing, I want to lose at least 50lb by July 8th. The weight is coming off extremely slow, so Idk how Im gonna do it, but Im definitely in!
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I would like to join too!
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Wonderful! Feel freei to friend request me also. I will get the group up and running sometime this afternoon. Looking forward to doing this!
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Also if anyone is interested in using the Runkeeper app and the gym hero app to track - I love my Iphone with my gadgets to log my workouts - let me know and I am sure there is a way we can become friends on those apps too.
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Group is up and running! It is called "A 15-Week Valentine's Challenge".
  • LunaInverse
    LunaInverse Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hell YES. I am so joining this challenge. Perfect way to motivate myself!!
  • nmf062174
    nmf062174 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    yes please my trainer has me hitting my goal weight by Valentine's Day and I am struggling! I have 15 pounds to go!
  • carrieosburn
    carrieosburn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late but would love to join you.
  • carrieosburn
    carrieosburn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this blogging thing. How do I get to your "15 pound group" that you have set up? Do I need to be invited? Sorry I'm not so good with this. Thank you:)
  • Argybargyy
    Options
    I'm new to this too and am interested in this challange, i'm a little late to the game but if you're interested in having me id love to try it out.