Ways to approach goals, how do successful dieters succeed?

Options
2»

Replies

• elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Go to staples and get one of those easy buttons, they are red, if you can't find it ask someone, it will be the last time you ever have to ask for help since you will then own an easy button..
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I tried a diet when I was much younger that just resulted in me gaining all the weight back and more. So I decided that the next time I'd do one, I'd do it the smart way, so I don't gain the weight back (well, hopefully), so it would have to be a lifetime thing. It took me years to get mentally ready for it but once I was, I dived right in, and truth is, it's been so much easier than I thought.

For me the idea of diet was no more sweets, no more cheese, no more of the things I love... but I still have them every day. Had I known what I know now, I might have done it a long time ago honestly. I don't starve myself, I use TDEE-20%, weigh all my food, and I eat pretty much what I want within my calories, but making good choices also so I'm not hungry - I hate being hungry. So I can pretty much eat 200-300 calories of junk every day if I feel like it. It's great. And I've learned to make healthier, delicious meals or snacks (or treats). I do make myself move more so I can eat more though.

I know I'll have to pretty much log my food all my life so I don't gain the weight back though... and that's ok. It's been totally worth it.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I learned to break every goal down into tiny steps, with many, many small rewards along the way.