10,000 calorie $59.00 "Strasburger"

Options
Why in the heck would anyone do this to themselves?????

The StrasBurger (Washington Nationals)

If you haven't heard of this big mama, allow me to introduce you to the Strasburger—an eight-pound monstrosity that is less of a burger, and more of a monument to the American uni-polar moment.

Named after star Nationals pitcher Stephen Strasburg, the StrasBurger features a ginormous all-beef patty topped with the usual burger trimmings (cheese, lettuce, onion etc.).

It should also be noted that a basket of fries and an entire pitcher of your favorite soft drink come with each StrasBurger—because at this point, you've already passed the "all-in" stage of gambling with your health.

Stats: 10,000 calories, 700 grams of fat

Price: $59

Replies

• TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    No bacon?? Then totally not worth it!!! :noway:
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    That's just disgusting. I went to Smokey Bones for lunch today, had a 1300 calorie burger and fries(burger had bacon yum yum) and felt fat and gross even though it was delicious lol I can't even imagine basically timing that by ten! RIDICULOUS....
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    That is the type of burger you order once in a life time. Just to say you have had it or try and do the food challenge (if there is one with it). It isn't something you actually do all the time.

I'd have it, just to say I had it. I wouldn't be able to eat all of it though lol.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    I'm more disturbed by the usage of the word "ginormous".
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    10/10 would eat.
    Or at least try.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Go with 20 or 30 of your best friends and share. Costs only $2 per person and only around 300 calories then :grin:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Options
    Take off the tomato and onion, I'd totally be in. There's a place here that makes 2 pound burgers that are plate sized. They're pretty awesome!
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'd go with a few friends and give it a shot lol. It's not like it's something you'd do every day lol.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    sixty bucks.. F that.... I once walked into a place with my lady and I ordered their 4 pound burger because it was only 10 bucks. This was after saying I didnt want anything :laugh: .. Cant pass up a deal
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    nationals_logo.jpg

GO NATS!

hahah.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a burger person unless its exceptionally good (like the one my buddy used to make) so I would pass on this. Now, if you can give me some Mexican grub or biryani(Pakistani, Indian dish) then I would definitely eat 10,000 calories worth of it if I could. In fact, being that I used to eat 6500+ calories daily without much trouble, I bet I could eat 10,000 calories worth of food in 24 hours if it was delicious enough.

P.S. Trying to shock, guilt or harass people away from what you define as unhealthy foods will work as well as it would on a smoker or a druggie. Its a process for which the person himself needs to go through. Trying to scare them away won't do jack. Just a thought for future, OP
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    On the keto diet?

Take the bun off, and you've got a few meals there.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you eat like 9/10's of the burger...And then when you get to that home stretch where you need to reach down and come through...you just shut it down, and leave the rest on the plate for your teammates to pick up
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    P.S. Trying to shock, guilt or harass people away from what you define as unhealthy foods will work as well as it would on a smoker or a druggie. Its a process for which the person himself needs to go through. Trying to scare them away won't do jack. Just a thought for future, OP

Just as showing pics of yourself stuffing wads of greasy food into your mouth won't make people eat indiscriminately.

Can't blame folks for trying though.
  • aklove907
    aklove907 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Why in the heck would anyone do this to themselves?????

The StrasBurger (Washington Nationals)

If you haven't heard of this big mama, allow me to introduce you to the Strasburger—an eight-pound monstrosity that is less of a burger, and more of a monument to the American uni-polar moment.

Named after star Nationals pitcher Stephen Strasburg, the StrasBurger features a ginormous all-beef patty topped with the usual burger trimmings (cheese, lettuce, onion etc.).

It should also be noted that a basket of fries and an entire pitcher of your favorite soft drink come with each StrasBurger—because at this point, you've already passed the "all-in" stage of gambling with your health.

Stats: 10,000 calories, 700 grams of fat

Price: $59

'merica
  • peachcats
    Options
    Ultimate bulking food.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'd certainly give it a go. It's not an every day burger, it's a challenge. Nothing wrong with a challenge.
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    6 months ago, I would have attacked it!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    I dunno, maybe because they like food? Why do you eat what you eat?
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    You do realize that is supposed to be split between the table at Red Porch right? Quit dissing our food - like Laura said - Go Nats!!!