Options

Replies

• Whissy
    Whissy Posts: 40
    Options

I feel weak as it is

If i let my control down i would eat man v food style

EAT woman, EAT!

E.g : eating back my exercise calories so my NET Is higher than before (NET would be 1287 today for example compared to NET 940 monday) ???

eat so you dont feel ill and arent starving your body...
  • Whissy
    Options

I feel weak as it is

EAT woman, EAT!

E.g : eating back my exercise calories so my NET Is higher than before (NET would be 1287 today for example compared to NET 940 monday) ???

Id be on man v food if i could get away with it
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I would probably cut the calories to 1,400 and I would avoid so much carbs. You're eating about 200grams a day, when I usually eat about 10. Thats just my two pence though C:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I feel weak as it is

EAT woman, EAT!

so why wont you eat more?

set mfp to lose 0.5lb per week and eat back exercise cals... it really is that simple!
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I would probably cut the calories to 1,400 and I would avoid so much carbs. You're eating about 200grams a day, when I usually eat about 10. Thats just my two pence though C:

i usually eat around 200g of carbs per day, and am losing bodyfat just fine...
  • Whissy
    Options

I feel weak as it is

EAT woman, EAT!

so why wont you eat more?

set mfp to lose 0.5lb per week and eat back exercise cals... it really is that simple!

Thanks, it is set at that and i will try to eat back those cals but not with carbs, with more protein
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options

Yeah because you're on a deficit. However carbs is just sugar, and sugar in large quantities aren't that great for us.
  • Whissy
    Options

Yeah because you're on a deficit. However carbs is just sugar, and sugar in large quantities aren't that great for us.

Im making a deficit too?
  • TavistockToad
    Options

are you saying you're not on a deficit?

i think it depends what you mean by 'large quantities'.

some people like low carb, some dont, each to their own, but you dont HAVE to eat low carb to lose weight, that was my point.
  • Whissy
    Options

are you saying you're not on a deficit?

i think it depends what you mean by 'large quantities'.

some people like low carb, some dont, each to their own, but you dont HAVE to eat low carb to lose weight, that was my point.

I second this, brown rice, sweet potato, oats etc - if i do low carb i feel faint
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I hate low carb... makes me feel like crap ALL the time... I burn out wayy to quickly. I do MUCH better on a 40/30/30 ratio :)
  • glowgirl14
    glowgirl14 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm also near the low end of healthy for my height. (5'4, 117.5lbs) Trying to reduce BF to get rid of flab. :)

It's super slow right now for me. But as counterintuitive as it seems, it's really hard to lose weight at a large deficit if you're already in the healthy weight range. If my net is below 1000, I won't lose. Sometimes I gain. If my net is below 1200 very often, I will plateau.

What is your BMR? Are you consistently netting below your BMR?

I know this is not what you want to hear, but when you're at a healthy weight, the only "magic" thing is patience. Play with your numbers a bit...try eating 200 more calories a day for a couple of weeks...see what happens.

Also. I know there is the big debate on weigh-ins. But I weigh every day, and that really helps me. When I look back at the week, I see consistent loss...if I'd weighed once a week, I'd miss that.
  • Whissy
    Options
    I'm also near the low end of healthy for my height. (5'4, 117.5lbs) Trying to reduce BF to get rid of flab. :)

It's super slow right now for me. But as counterintuitive as it seems, it's really hard to lose weight at a large deficit if you're already in the healthy weight range. If my net is below 1000, I won't lose. Sometimes I gain. If my net is below 1200 very often, I will plateau.

I know this is not what you want to hear, but when you're at a healthy weight, the only "magic" thing is patience. Play with your numbers a bit...try eating 200 more calories a day for a couple of weeks...see what happens.

Also. I know there is the big debate on weigh-ins. But I weigh every day, and that really helps me. When I look back at the week, I see consistent loss...if I'd weighed once a week, I'd miss that.

Used to have an ED so hate the scale - it makes me cry and it is depressing! My
    Bmr is 1300-1400 depending on the calculator i used and until
    Now have never NETTED more than 1200
  • Whissy
    Options

Only days i DO net over 1200 is when i dont exercise
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    If you are not losing weight you are not in a deficit. Your diary is not complete, you are missing a lot of entries and not weighing things. You are eating more then you think and over estimating your exercise. If you HAD an ED your metabolism is NOT normal, it's likely depressed (slower than someone who has never had a weight issue or ED) I wouldn't eat more just start tracking correctly.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think
  • Marrowshard
    Options
    Maybe you've already considered this, but it looks like you're eating a LOT of pre-packaged snacky type things as meals (chicken bites, oat bars, baked crisps, etc.). It's jacking up your carbs and sugars. Eating things that are "low cal" or "low fat" isn't the same thing as eating healthy.
    I'd limit pre-made bars to once a day and integrate more veggies. Ditch the rice cakes, they're just fillers. You maybe already answered this but what is your "moderate" workout like? Cardio? Strength?
  • Whissy
    Options
    Maybe you've already considered this, but it looks like you're eating a LOT of pre-packaged snacky type things as meals (chicken bites, oat bars, baked crisps, etc.). It's jacking up your carbs and sugars. Eating things that are "low cal" or "low fat" isn't the same thing as eating healthy.
    I'd limit pre-made bars to once a day and integrate more veggies. Ditch the rice cakes, they're just fillers. You maybe already answered this but what is your "moderate" workout like? Cardio? Strength?

Had a stint of clean eating but since starting mfp and following what it says i have been feeling weak and grabbing stuff last minute e.g cereal bar
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options

This was kind of what I was concerned about...I think at this point you should be less concerned about the number on the scale and focus on strength. To do this you'll need to eat at maintenance or more and strength train/maybe try some power yoga. With a history of an ED this could be difficult for you...but if you keep eating at a deficit and just do cardio at a healthy weight you'll keep spinning your wheels and be "skinny fat." Your weight may go up once you add muscle but for you it should be about how you look and feel! Good luck...I had an ED myself when I was younger so I know how the mindset is.
  • RickNeedzToGetShreaded
    Options

Had a stint of clean eating but since starting mfp and following what it says i have been feeling weak and grabbing stuff last minute e.g cereal bar

As long as you get enough protein/fat/fiber and your calories not too low you should be fine, carbs are an unnecessary extra, the one thing you can lower because they aren't needed.
  • Whissy
    Options

As long as you get enough protein/fat/fiber and your calories not too low you should be fine, carbs are an unnecessary extra, the one thing you can lower because they aren't needed.

Mfp says i should be aiming for 55% which i am under - do you recommend manually changing the macros?