High fat, low carb, low protein meal?

Options
shivles
shivles Posts: 468 Member
I'm doing Keto, I'm over on my protein and it's only lunchtime >.<

I know I can have a salad with oil but is there anything else? My mind's drawing a blank (possibly transition brain fog)

PLEASE just food ideas, I'm not after a low carb fight :) thanks!

Replies

• MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Cheese? A salad with full fat ranch dressing? You could put bacon on that salad...I think its a ratio usually of 70/30 or 80/20 for fat/protein. If you could sneek in some cream cheese some how thats a 90/10 ratio for fat/protein.
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I keep doing that too! Its a nightmare! Its the reason why I do my diary plan first thing so that I can tailor the foods around what I want to eat!

Personally I would look at some fat fast meals, as long as your fat intake is over protein it'll be okay, its when your protein is the highest that it turns into glucose.

Though I don't think I can find anything that is entirely 0 protein. If I were you I would add some cream to a diet coke to get loads of fat, and then just have a regular meal. That should even it all out C;
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
    Did you really have spinich and cream for lunch yesterday?

Can't you up your protein a bit more?

Check out:

http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf
  • shivles
    Options

Check out:

Lol I made spinach soup with the spinach and cream :)

I'm using macros given by http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com
  • LJSmith1989
    Options

Check out:

Lol I made spinach soup with the spinach and cream :)

I'm using macros given by http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com

Sounds killer - but good luck :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    The famous state fair dish of deep fried butter
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    From what I understand as long as your fat is higher than your protein then even going over won't hurt you. As long as your carbs are low and fat is high, protein is kind of flexible. So I would just eat a fatty meat and/or cheese dish for dinner and not worry too much! Good luck!
  • shivles
    Options
    As amazing as deep fried butter sounds I don't have a deep fat fryer lol

Think I might have to go with baked cheese of some kind...
  • Acg67
    Options

Easy, fill a pot or wok no more than half way with oil and heat on the stove. Fry to your hearts content
  • shivles
    Options

Easy, fill a pot or wok no more than half way with oil and heat on the stove. Fry to your hearts content

I don't think I have that much oil lol. Anyway doesn't the batter have lots of carbs?
  • Acg67
    Options

I don't think I have that much oil lol. Anyway doesn't the batter have lots of carbs?

Not really since you won't be using very much to coat a stick of butter
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Nuts, peanut butter? I know they have some protein but not an awful lot.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options

That depends on your goals. It's too high for me, so I opt for leftovers from dinner for *all* meals. It's helped me quite a bit though since I've found Netrition.com. Finally able to have pizza again & I'm hoping to be able to look forward to making some bread for lunches this weekend. I made a killer roti that no one knew was < 8 g of carb per serving (a little on the high end for me, but since it's served with curry chicken, it works quite well.)

Carbquik from Netrition (cheaper there than on Amazon) has worked out well for me. I'm also going to try to make scones this weekend :drinker:

ETA: the ww tortillas I got for 3 net g of carb per tortilla were good too, had them for lunch yesterday =)
  • looseal
    looseal Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've been attempting to eat Keto LCHF since early Oct. Yes, it does take some doing. My goal is 65% fat/30%protein/5%net carbs. And I want it at 1600 calories.
    What I have learned in the month is to determine what vegetables I want for the day, usually eaten at lunch and dinner.
    Then add protein, to breakfast, lunch and dinner. Finally once I know what fat grams are left, I determine how much fat to add to veggies, salads, etc.
    This web site helps but it is still challenging to get the right balance.
    I need to develop some fat bomb snacks to eat in the evening when I need a snack. Most recipes sound awful.
  • hookilau
    Options
    looks like a LOT of carbs to me

6029236744_32dd00f3d1_o.jpg
  • hookilau
    Options
    OP: Check out this link. Not sure your level of skill or commitment in the kitchen, but this site & page has a great deal of different foods I thought I'd have to give up since going LCHF. Check it out.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/memorial-kevinpa-his-best-recipes/712855-kevins-bread-biscuit-bun-roll-recipes.html
  • hookilau
    Options
    Just eat some carbs, then you won't have to create threads asking people for ideas of what to eat because your diet is so restrictive. Just saying....

Or....you could be helpful or just keep it moving.
    Just saying...
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Just eat some carbs, then you won't have to create threads asking people for ideas of what to eat because your diet is so restrictive. Just saying....

Or....you could be helpful or just keep it moving.
    Just saying...
    Because low cal diets aren't at ALL restrictive

Just saying...
  • shivles
    Options
    There's alway one :laugh:

Thanks for the suggestions, hookilau those recipes look great I will definitely check them out!

I'm now very curious about deep fried butter though... I've never heard of it before
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    peanut butter....