Lose __lbs by Christmas!

Options
124»

Replies

• beautyqueen1979
    beautyqueen1979 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Just over 2 months in guys, how is everyone getting on? I am actually going to change my goal, as I have lost more than I thought I would :) Now I want to be 185lbs (or less if I can do it) by Christmas. So thats about 6.6lbs to go for me :)
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming to lose 10 pounds by Christmas!!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I committed to 25 lbs on Aug 15, and so far, I'm down exactly 5lbs. Which is about 1.25 lbs/week. At this rate, I'll probably be just short - time to step up my game for that 25lb loss :)

I'm now down 11lbs exactly. That makes for still about 1.25 lbs/week. Hit a plateau during this time period. Still hoping to get at least 20 by Christmas....I'd like to blow my guest's socks off.
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Two months ago..I'd thought I'd lose 15 - hopefully 20 - pounds before christmas. And since then I have lost 11 pounds :love:
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I definitely want to lose my last 15 by then. 10 will make me happy too. :)
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    My goal for the end of the year was to be at 160. Right now I'm at 168, so I think I'm changing my goal to be at 155 or (maybe, hopefully) lower. Here goes... :drinker:
  • herky
    herky Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Today is exactly 2 months from Christmas!!
    How is everyone doing??

I've been going slower than I hoped. 15 pounds in 2 months is a little unrealistic. But I'm gonna try my hardest to get my scale into the 130's!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Wow... i just looked back at my last post. At that point I had wanted to lose 20 lbs by Christmas so I was at 145. Well, I've managed to get all the way down to 155 with a solid 2 months to go til Christmas! That's definitely awesome progress toward my goal. I have a conservative mini goal of 150 by Christmas, but I think at this rate, getting to 145 might really be possible. I bought size 8 pants at the mall this past weekend, which BOGGLES MY MIND! SIZE 8??? That in itself is amazing me. I'm hoping to be size 6 for Christmas :)
  • lalincoln100209
    Options
    WOW I am inspired by some of these stories. I would like to lose 15 pounds by Christmas. I have finally found a workout program that I LOVE and have found that the eating better is easier when I am working my butt off 6 times a week.
  • eyanisko
    Options
    I want to lose at least 10 lbs by Christmas.
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    ok right now i'm at 166/165. my official weigh-in is monday.. hoping to get some good workouts in over the weekend, and since i'm stuck working thru tues night, there won't be any going out to bars or anything to mess me up too bad! hope everyone is doing well!!
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm here to update again :smile: I've lost a total of 14.5 pounds since i first posted so I have nearly met my 15lb goal already and theres still a month and a half to go! I think I'll aim for the 20lb lost that I never thought I'd be able to do :blushing:

I was 153lbs on my first post, 142lbs on the second and at the moment I am 138.5lbs!!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I committed to 25 lbs on Aug 15, and so far, I'm down exactly 5lbs. Which is about 1.25 lbs/week. At this rate, I'll probably be just short - time to step up my game for that 25lb loss :)

I'm now down 11lbs exactly. That makes for still about 1.25 lbs/week. Hit a plateau during this time period. Still hoping to get at least 20 by Christmas....I'd like to blow my guest's socks off.

It's now just over 2 months to go and I'm heading towards my goal. I am sure I'll hit 20 lost and am going to work really hard for 25, but I might need that extra week in 2010 to make sure ;)

Last time I was down 11.0 lbs from my start weight. I am now down 18.9 lbs :love: I am a little concerned with all the holiday cookies that are starting to float around so I don't know that I will be able to keep up 1.25-1.8 lbs between now and Christmas, but we will sure give it a GOOD try.

How about everyone else? It's now been 2 months.....are you closer?
  • beautyqueen1979
    beautyqueen1979 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Just over 2 months in guys, how is everyone getting on? I am actually going to change my goal, as I have lost more than I thought I would :) Now I want to be 185lbs (or less if I can do it) by Christmas. So thats about 6.6lbs to go for me :)

Well, this board is great in helping me chart my weight loss and goals - I started off wanting to be 190lbs by Christmas, then changed to 185lbs....I'm now sitting at 180.2lbs and it's still 3 weeks until Christmas! I can't believe it!

It's nice because I am not going to be so hard on myself on Christmas day - not that I'm going to go crazy - I'm just not going to weigh my food and relax on the day. I think my thoughts and ability to control myself around food have really changed so I know I won't succumb to binge eating on the day. Buuuuuut having this amazing extra few lbs buffer is a wonderful feeling.

Great to hear others are also on target for reaching their goals, or nearing them! Remember, every lb down is still a step in the right direction!!!!

I'm going to do my final weigh in on Christmas Eve (even though my usual weigh in is a Sunday) and post my Christmas weight here :) Please join me if you want to guys :D
    x