Halloween Candy? Yes or No?

Options

Replies

• sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Ain't giving away any (weird rules about sitting at the end of my driveway ONLY - yeah, nope) but I might buy me some Candy Corn. I've been good about that ALL MONTH. This is my last day (and my anni, so screw it - CANDY!) LOL
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! My kid's is going out with me and hubby first and then his dad and step-sister are coming to take him out again. Three to four hours of solid trick or treating. He's gonna pay off big this year! LMAO
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Definitely not sneaking it! Budgeted for 2 Reese's peanut butter cups and 2 Almond Joy Snack Size bars!! YUM!
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I'll probably have some if I have some room left in my calories. We're going to Olive Garden for dinner and I usually get something with Alfredo sauce so there might not be any calories left for candy. If there isn't, not a big deal -- I'll have a piece or two tomorrow or the next day. And nooo, I don't *ever* sneak any food any more.

Mind yout, this is all new behavior for me. I used to sneak candy and eat and eat and eat it. I kept trying harder and harder and harder to not have any at all and I never succeeded. My new attitude -- I can have it when I want it and it fits in my calories/macros -- is working much better.
  • SaraB_82
    SaraB_82 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    No candy for me this year! I live out in the boondocks and we haven't had a trick or treater show up in years, so I stopped buying those big ol' candy sacks... But I also had cake for breakfast yesterday, so it's not like I'm sweet deprived! :D
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    just another day
  • KatiesNewGoals
    KatiesNewGoals Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Of course! I've planned my calories ahead of time, so I'm good to go for tonight! Plus, we're taking the 19 month old out Trick or Treating for first time, and it's not like she's going to be eating the candy. It HAS to go somewhere! Preferably in my belly! Yea for candy and Halloween!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Pfft, sneaking? I'm lucky I'm not face down in a bowl right now.

Heh, got a Tootsie roll pop in my mouth right now :tongue:
  • abetterbrandi
    Options
    Yep, I had a Reeces cup, and a mini Twizzlers. No sneaking here, logged it and fit within my calories for the day!
  • rdeco50
    rdeco50 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm logging. I'll be over calories a bit today but nothing horrible.

My bigger concern is tomorrow. Tonight is no biggie. It is the gobs of candy that will lay around the house for the next 4 days. I'm going to have to jar what the kids are keeping out of sight and send the rest off with DH to work. Having the big bowl of chocolate on the counter, within easy reach, never ends well for me.
  • skinnyforcruise2013
    Options
    Not sneaking but yes, I'll eat some candy. Then I'm heading to the gym tonite to work some of it off.
  • trevnem
    trevnem Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    if by sneaking you mean sitting on the couch in my underwear with a pile of it in my lap eating them hand over hand....then yes.

if by sneaking you mean hiding in a bathroom to savor a fun size piece of candy or a single smarty...then you have a sour relationship with food and you need help.

ETA: looking forward to mounds, reeses, kitkats, babyruths, fastbreaks, and peanut m&ms.
    you had ONE?!?! *gasp* you REBEL!
    [/quote]

lol...great answer!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I just had two. Probably going to have to be it for the day considering I have no idea what's for dinner though.
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Wish I could, but I know I wont stop at a piece or two, or even three, so its best just not to go there at this point :ohwell:
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Just look at my profile status post. It won't be sneaky. It will be BLATANT. LOL Happy Halloween all!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Baby Ruths are my kryptonite.
    (sigh)
    Yes.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Reece's or Heath MMMMMMM and no sneaking.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Of course!! Who knows what I will sneak though. It's always a surprise!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I'm not sneaking anything...I'm having an almond joy tonight for desert and there's nothing wrong with that. I pretty much have some kind of piece of candy every night for desert...and there's nothing wrong with that...you don't get extra credit or anything like that once your nutritional requirements have been met...it's not like an extra serving of broccoli for desert will give you an A++ rather than an A+ for the day...that's not the way it works.
  • marykate723
    marykate723 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    No sneaking here! A few mini Snickers and Reese's cups have already been consumed, and I'll have some while I'm handing it out tonight, too. I haven't been eating much chocolate lately, so it was extra tasty. Halloween is my favorite holiday!