What motivates you to exercise?

2»

Replies

• amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Like most other answers, getting to eat (some) exercise calories!

Exercising helps me clear my head so I leave work at work.

Feeling strong and toned!

New playlists/workout clothes.
  • unocentavo
    unocentavo Posts: 82 Member
    Looking at a picture of the "old me" hanging in my closet every morning and remembering how quickly things can get outta hand when letting the diet go. It motivates me and scares me at the same time. All the exercise in the world can't undo the "hand-to-mouth disease".
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    It's funny but 100 lbs ago, I worked out because I HAD to. Now I work out because I LOVE to. I love the sweat as it drips off when I KNOW I am pushing myself in spin class or out on a jog. I LOVE that now I have replaced "heading through the drive through" with "I'm going to the gym" when I am feeling stressed /overwhelmed at work. I LOVE the feeling I get when others around me are like, "urgh! I came home last night and vegged on the couch and overate" and I'm thinking "I went to the gym and got my *kitten* kicked in body works class after doing some cardio beforehand." I LOVE that I look forward to working out. I love that I met my boyfriend in spin class and that some of my very dear, close friends are my gym buddies. I love that people who knew me 100 lbs ago tell me I inspire them. :-)
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    I always have another trip booked to somewhere warm and sunny, or a weekend away somewhere. That way I know I need to always be bikini ready!

Also having a race or something to work towards makes it hard to take a week off. You never want to have to start over again!
    I like to look at my before photos also to remind myself of how far I have come and how far I need to go!

Good luck everyone
This discussion has been closed.