Is this some sort of JOKE?!?!?!

Options
13»

Replies

• dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I have been doing SO AWESOME at this lifestyle change since I started in August, but this has literally been the worst week ever.

Yes, I am throwing myself a pity party so if you don't want to hear it or you have any more negativity to add to my week, go away, I can't take your ****. If any of you know me, you know I am extremely sensitive, and incredibly nice to everyone, even if they don't deserve it. So honestly it is very unlike me to even be posting this right now.

Back to the point... I had finally lost 27 pounds. I have never been able to lose 10 pounds before so this was a HUGE deal for me. I was 3 pounds away from being back in the 100s and my life was MADE. I was still 203 pounds but I was ECSTATIC!
    Anyhow, I wasn't doing anything different, I was working so hard to see that 199, but guess what happened when I got up on weigh in day this week? I crossed my fingers and with a big smile on my face saw 204.8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't give me the "1.8 pounds? It is fine honey, don't worry about it!" speech, it won't help. My jaw hit the floor and the tears started pouring, I couldn't believe that I had gained weight back. I am seriously almost depressed over this. I never go over my calories, I eat what I am supposed to... I don't know what I did wrong.

Then I have to listen to my boyfriend "There is something wrong with the scale, baby. Stop beating yourself up, blah blah blah blah blah blah." ....Well guess what? It is dropping for him, so obviously there is something wrong with me and not the f'ing scale. Then he insists on hugging me and holding me and continuing to tell me its nothing and its going to be okay and that just reminds me that I failed myself. I can't get it through his sweet *kitten* head that he is making it worse. If he would just leave me alone I would be okay.

I am just so scared that I am going to balloon back up to 230 or more and I can't take it. I don't want to be that person anymore.
    I am homesick as hell, and I can't go home again until like January... Yea, no family for me on Thanksgiving or Christmas. Just a 500 sq. foot apartment, a college campus down the street, and a crap ton of people I don't even like. But of course I am going to smile and act like I am peachy keen!

FML.

It's not a joke, the scale fluctuates ALL THE TIME... I know you don't want to hear this, I know because I didn't either when that happened to me THREE TIMES!! It happened when I hit the 199 mark.. went right back into the 200's and fought to get back down. Then again when I passed 190 into the 180's and I just now got passed the 180's again for the second time.... I think every day, is it going to stick this time??? But I KNOW I have done it before and I can do it now. It's not a linear process, we all go through it and you should really focus on something other than the scale for a time to help you get over this. Focus on a favorite activity or how you feel (aside from feeling like a failure) for your sanity sake. Good luck! :)
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Mandy, like so many others I feel your pain. Please try not to worry. I weigh daily for the joy of seeing the pretty design of the graph it makes over time, but the trend is downward and that's what matters. Also taking your measurements will pay off in both telling the scale to ***k off and build your confidence.

I just went through a month where my evil, manipulative scale didn't budge off 185.6 but I lost 5 total inches so I didn't get frustrated. During that month I spent 3 weeks with a migraine, TOM, furlough, and lots of other additional stressors. Add to that I wasn't drinking my normal amount of water and bam -- battle with the scale.

Whatever you do, don't give up. We are all here rooting for you!
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I fluctuate on the scale so much, anywhere from 1-5 lbs, would be silly if I threw a fit every time. BUT... I totally get it, it was SUPER important and a big thing for me to get into ONEderland. As long as you keep it up and stay the course it will eventually come down.

Hang in there. :wink:

21525558.png
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I have seriously gained 6lbs in one day. The day before I drank a lot, diet soda's, Iced tea and such, I was out doors all day. Turns out it was just water retention, the following night I was up all night tinkling. Ugh. Don't give up, you have done so well!
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I hear ya and so feel your rage right now as I have been there before... Doesn't matter what people say you are pissed as hell.... I completely understand! So, what I have to say may just piss you off even more (not intentional)... I too had a period where I was gaining. I was doing all the right things, eating well, exercising how the *kitten* did I gain... a wise person told me that I wasn't eating enough calories, that I had been doing the life style change for awhile now and my body was getting use to the minimal calories and going into starvation mode. Starvation mode?? I eat every 2-3 hours I am never hungry that;s bull****....Anyways She told me to increase my calories from 1200 to 1350-1400 WHAT???? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FREAKING MIND??? Of course, I didn't listen thought she was crazy, went another week at just barely 1200 calories and no weight loss.... So I said what the hell it's not like I'm losing anyways and I increased my calories to 1300 for one week, just one week that's all I'm gonna do it, no way that increasing my calories was going to help me to lose weight. Mind you I am on a plant food fish diet plan right now (high cholesterol) so it was a HUGE challenge to get to my increased calorie goals each and every day and I cursed the calorie counter entire time. Got on the scale on weigh in day with rolling eyes that I probably gained because of the increase in calories.... Wait for it.... I lost what I gained plus 1.2lbs in ONE week!!! No that couldn't be possible it was just a fluke... went back to eating just 1200 calories for the following week and I gained .8lbs that week... That was all I needed to know... since then I have been eating 1300 calories each week and been fine. I actually just went to the doctor today and showed her my diary and she told me to increase it to 1400 for a few weeks to change up my metabolism. You aren't doing anything wrong... You are doing all the right things, our bodies just get use to things after a while and needs a jump start every once in a while...

You will not go back to being 230lbs... YOU ARE TOO DETERMINED AND EMOTIONALLY DEDICATED TO YOUR LIFE STYLE CHANGE~~~~ YOU GOT THIS!!!!!! :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :flowerforyou:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Is it possible that it's water retention? That time of the month? Did you eat nearly 7000 calories over maintenance that would cause you to gain fat? If not....you didn't gain 1.8lbs of fat.

No PMS, not even close to it. I might go over 1200 calories once every other week, so probably not. It is just heartbreaking b/c I am a spaz!

If you expected a loss, then I'm guessing your pants are not tighter and there are no other signs of weight gain, except for the evil scale. Is that right?

Seriously, calm down. Carry on. And weigh again next week. So many things can cause short term weight gain. Remember, your body is not all fat and every gain doesn't mean you've put on fat.

Take measurements to make sure you are not getting bigger, if you have beginning measurements. Take them even if you don't, so if this happens again you can reassure yourself.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Water weight. Better get used to it, lol.
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    This is more than likely a weight fluctuation. Calm down and keep going! Maybe you will see an even bigger loss next week... also... I would suggest you start taking measurements AND photos! They help... the scale is a dirty filthy liar. Maybe go by body fat percentage lost... that is sometimes a nice number. I also weigh in in kgs... I have too much of a relationship with lbs.