Admit it, you raided your kids' candy

Options

Replies

• lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Why yes, yes I did...MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!! (Evil Laugh from Hell)
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Totally raided my neice's candy :wink:
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Of course I did! Some of our neighbors are doing well for themselves and were giving out full size bars. ALL MINE!
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Well - we went trick-or-treating in three neighborhoods. Our house, in-laws, and my parents. Soo.... Sunday my daughter graciously gave me one Snickers and one Butterfinger. I took a tootsie roll just to be.... well I guess I randomly wanted a tootsie roll. She's way too nice that I don't have to ask her.... she even packed candy for her teachers today.

Yesterday when she got home though I raided her bucket and immediately took the peanut butter snickers. To which she replied "Well, I got that for you mom!"

I can usually resist candy bars but I'm pretty sure I ate oen or two more pieces last night. And have every intention to take candy on a regular basis from the bag now.

I LOVE CANDY!!!
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You bet I did!! My daughter is allergic to peanuts so every year she divides what she can't eat between Hubby and I! I logged every bit of it, and it came out to be a fun size of 760 calories!!!
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    No, I would never! :laugh: Actually we make them put it all in a big bowl when we get home. We have a big bucket full! :tongue:
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    We have no little kids any more but there's a tin full of left over chocolate calling my name, I think I logged about 450 calories yesterday. I'm relying on my skinny son and husband to get rid of temptation for me.:smile:
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I don't have to raid it. Several years ago, I enacted a parent tax on the candy. The parent tax is simple: you volunteer 5% of your candy (not just the lame stuff, there'd better be a good selection), OR I come collect it myself plus an additional 5% "audit fee".

Parent tax was on the dining room table this morning before I left for work. :drinker:

You are a freaking genius.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    My kids actually offered me some, I gave them my sob story about how my Mom used to steal all my favorites for herself(true story). I had like three pieces, and then we all had a bowl of S'mores ice cream together :bigsmile:
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    Yep. I did! And guess what?
    ate2.gif?w=562
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Nope. It's in the back of my car, I'm looking for the right bridge to throw it off.

There are some places that will take your leftover candy and send it to the troops who are deployed oversees.
    The gym in our building at work is doing that.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Didn't need to. I have an unopened bag of snickers at home because we had a grand total of zero trick or treaters lastnight.

However, I did eat some of the candy, because the boy has decided he doesn't like candy anymore. His health class taught him it wasn't any good. I'll correct him once the candy is gone.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    One fun size peanut m&m bag... 8 peanut m&m's... not bad at all!
  • ronerx
    Options
    GEEZ! unwrap that candy bar first at least!! :laugh:
  • stephijim
    Options
    Of course!!! We struck a good bargain...he got to keep everything but the Reese's Cups :)
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    One fun size peanut m&m bag... 8 peanut m&m's... not bad at all!

Really? Fun size = 8 m&ms? That is so few I would cry. That's just wrong.

Parent tax = Brilliance.

Mine are stealing from me because I buy a better class of candy than the trick-or-treat mess. The bargaining will commence this evening. One kit kat for one completed laundry load. You want a full sized candy bar? Go pick up the dog crap.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Was there a doubt?!?! I have had a truck load (see diary). I do try to steal stuff that I like, but they aren't so fond of...like Almond Joy and plain Hershey's.
  • Salty_Sauce
    Salty_Sauce Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Luckily my kids love to share! But I would if I had to !!! :-)
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I keep my hands out of their loot bags for a few days, but, once the novelty wears off (and they start to forget that they had memorized exactly how many little packages of nibs they each got) then I still start to treat myself.

I was rather impressed with their haul this year, no cheapie crappy candies, but quality chocolate and salty chips in conveniently labelled 90 calorie packages!
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Of course i did! I had to "inspect" it to make sure it was safe to eat!