Easy Pumpkin Dessert

Options
13»

Replies

• Ecampbell64
    Ecampbell64 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just made it! Great taste and super easy. I never get tired of pumpkin.
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    yumm
  • mlafourcade
    mlafourcade Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    In for the pumpkin!
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    thank you. love love love pumpkin
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Yum! We can't get "regular" sized cans of pure pumpkin here, so whenever I make the pumpkin puree + cake mix muffins, I either have to make a double batch or have lots of leftover wasted pumpkin. I"m thinking next time, I"ll make one batch of muffins, and one batch of this!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    yummy!
  • Jocampgrl
    Jocampgrl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try this!
  • jaena4
    jaena4 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Awesome - this sounds great! Bump!
  • 04ward
    04ward Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bump! Sounds good!
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Yup neeeed it!
  • aadhyasiddhi
    Options
    Pumpkin Icecream
    Ingredients:

vanilla extract
    1 cup heavy cream
    1 cup whole milk
    3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
    5 egg yolks
    1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1/2 tsp. ground ginger
    1/4 tsp. salt
    Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg

Directions:
    In a bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree and vanilla. Refrigerate.

In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine cream, 1/2 cup of the milk, and 1/2 cup of the brown sugar. Cook until bubbles form around the edges of the pan, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the egg yolks, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg, the remaining 1/2 cup milk and the remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar. Whisk until smooth and the sugar begins to dissolve.

Remove the cream mixture from the heat. Temper the egg mixture: gradually pour some of the hot cream mixture, about 1 cup, into the egg mixture, whisking the whole time. Pour the egg mixture back into the pan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until it is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon and leaves a clear trail when a finger is drawn through it, 4 to 6 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl and let cool for about 10 minutes.

Remove the pumpkin mixture from the fridge and whisk it into the cooled custard until it is smooth. Cover and put the bowl into the fridge to cool, 4 hours to overnight.

Transfer the custard to an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Once done churning, transfer the ice cream into a container and freeze until it is your desired consistency.

To assemble the sandwiches, let the ice cream soften a little. I tried spreading it about 1″ thick on a baking pan so I could cut the ice cream into circles with a round cookie cutter. You can also use an ice cream scoop and scoop it directly onto a cookie, then flatten the ball with the other cookie.

Makes about 6 (enormous) ice cream sandwiches.
  • aadhyasiddhi
    Options
    Pumpkin Icecream
    Ingredients:

vanilla extract
    1 cup heavy cream
    1 cup whole milk
    3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
    5 egg yolks
    1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1/2 tsp. ground ginger
    1/4 tsp. salt
    Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg

Directions:
    In a bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree and vanilla. Refrigerate.

In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine cream, 1/2 cup of the milk, and 1/2 cup of the brown sugar. Cook until bubbles form around the edges of the pan, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the egg yolks, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg, the remaining 1/2 cup milk and the remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar. Whisk until smooth and the sugar begins to dissolve.

Remove the cream mixture from the heat. Temper the egg mixture: gradually pour some of the hot cream mixture, about 1 cup, into the egg mixture, whisking the whole time. Pour the egg mixture back into the pan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until it is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon and leaves a clear trail when a finger is drawn through it, 4 to 6 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl and let cool for about 10 minutes.

Remove the pumpkin mixture from the fridge and whisk it into the cooled custard until it is smooth. Cover and put the bowl into the fridge to cool, 4 hours to overnight.

Transfer the custard to an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Once done churning, transfer the ice cream into a container and freeze until it is your desired consistency.

To assemble the sandwiches, let the ice cream soften a little. I tried spreading it about 1″ thick on a baking pan so I could cut the ice cream into circles with a round cookie cutter. You can also use an ice cream scoop and scoop it directly onto a cookie, then flatten the ball with the other cookie.

Makes about 6 (enormous) ice cream sandwiches.