Polar loop - reviews? To buy or not ?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• BarbellB1tch
    Options
    I wore my loop for the first time today.

My calories are at 2169 which seems reasonable as I walked nearly 8 miles today and I did Olympic lifting for an hour.

However, when I synced it, my diary says 3410! Holy cow, Loop! I didn't run a marathon today!

Why the change? And can I fix it?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I wore my loop for the first time today.

My calories are at 2169 which seems reasonable as I walked nearly 8 miles today and I did Olympic lifting for an hour.

However, when I synced it, my diary says 3410! Holy cow, Loop! I didn't run a marathon today!

Why the change? And can I fix it?

Did you log that exercise on MFP too?

How is Polar's info syncing?
  • theadamestlove
    theadamestlove Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The H7 DOES work while swimming, it just won't automatically "stream" to a bluetooth device. It's waterproof and will track your HR, but you'll have to manually upload the data. A bit lame, but it's still pretty decent, considering.

I just got a LOOP last week and used Myfitnesspal calculate my BMR. They use the same equation as Polar Loop does (Mifflin-St. Jeor), which is cool. What I've been doing, since the equations are the same, is tracking my activities in MFP and comparing them to my daily "burn" on the Loop (notice, I don't have the H7 yet, but am highly considering; I just don't want to be the *kitten* in the pool with a stupid strap around my chest).

However, after a week of using Loop, I can say that it is pretty damn on par with MFP--especially swimming! What's great about Loop, for me, is that I'm more of a hiker, flyfisherman, river rat kind of human, and MFP doesn't have exercises listed that I trust. Polar is great because I just subtract my overall kcal burn from my BMR and then add calories consumed. All into MFP. It's been insanely helpful.
  • theadamestlove
    theadamestlove Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's also calculating your BMR calories burned, too. Walking 8 miles (depending on how long it took you) could easily burn 1500+ cals, so I would recommend calculating your BMR via myfitnesspal and subtracting it from your overall kcal burned (according to Loop) and adding calories consumed. That should give you a pretty accurate measure.
  • FitCattitude
    FitCattitude Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Elanca wrote: »
    I recently purchased the v800 in order to combine my fitbit, RCX3 and external GPS into one device.

Hi Elanca. May I ask if you're referring to wearing 2 devices at once, paired using the one v800 strap? I'm trying to find out if I can simultaneously wear V800 and FT60 (don't own latter yet, but really want to use the STAR program). 99% indoor training, don't know the right details to input for self-created V800 training program to then sync, ipad 2 won't run Polar Beat app, unsure if V800 will bring in something like STAR at any point, so am seeing 2 watches via 1 strap as best option at present, if that's possible.

• FitCattitude
    FitCattitude Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Got answer ... setting FT60 to record workout first means it picks up on the GymLink sensor, then set V800 to record workout; as it's already paired, it will automatically do as it normally does.