My trip to the Biggest Loser resort

Options
mrdmevans
mrdmevans Posts: 149 Member
Got to experience a heck of an adventure at the Biggest Loser Resort in Malibu California, and wanted to share a little about the trip.

So, I was really nervous about going for so many reasons. One major reason is I hadnt been able to fly for a long time. I am so happy to say that I fit perfectly on the plane. I didnt even need a seat belt extender!!! Not bad considering in 2012 I was over 500 pounds.

When I arrived at the ranch I was greeted by one of the trainers. He was genuine and kind and seemed excited to help me get started. I have to say the entire staff was fantastic. They really seemed like they wanted to truly help you reach your goals.

The one thing about the ranch I wasn't prepared for was NO CAFFEINE! It took me a minute but I have been caffeine free ever since!

Each day started off with stretching at 6am, followed by a chef prepared breakfast. Then we hopped into a van and traveled to our hiking spot for the day. We would spend about 2 1/2 hours hiking in the beautiful mountains, or at the beach. I can honestly say I really miss the hikes already. They were tough though, but sooooo fun.

While there we had classes on nutrition, fitness, label reading, cooking and more. We also had circuit and interval training in a standard gym, we would also have circuit training in the pool, classes like kickboxing and so much more.

We truly worked out about 6 hours a day. I didnt realize my body could handle it but it did. I have never felt stronger or more proud of myself.

I truly hope that I get another chance to go back someday. It was a trip that I will never forget, and that allowed me to learn soooo much. It also helped me pass the 50% weight loss marker!!!

b20732b3-c99d-4fcc-836d-8cd7e0d5ecb0_zpsb2997575.jpg
IMG_4002_zps79c98c9a.jpg
ec8078e0-fa6b-4bd4-8228-87dfc0af661a_zpsccad0b32.jpg
d7483a77-be0c-4a7f-8260-fb083cc0a35a_zpsdbf24479.jpg
IMG_3851_zpsdfe95231.jpg
IMG_4039_zpsaf6a23ab.jpg
IMG_3852_zps4f395b25.jpg
IMG_4030_zps987e987b.jpg
IMG_4023_zps5e88abba.jpg
IMG_3853_zps106f87ad.jpg
IMG_4006_zps7bff52b0.jpg
IMG_3956_zpsc14d4779.jpg
Cali3_zps065017c6.jpg

Replies

• shortchange1
    shortchange1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Looks like a beautiful area and congratulations on your accomplishments. You look great!:smile:
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Wow... I would absolutely LOVE that!!!!

Could you tell me if it was something you were picked to do? Or did you pay to go and experience this? And if so, how many days/weeks did you get to go?

I honestly would love to do that!
  • FixIngMe13
    Options
    And btw... you look FANTASTIC!!!! Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • mrdmevans
    Options
    I actually won the trip through an essay contest online. However, anyone can go. They have 4 locations Malibu, Utah, Niagara NY, and Chicago.
  • FixIngMe13
    Options
    I actually won the trip through an essay contest online. However, anyone can go. They have 4 locations Malibu, Utah, Niagara NY, and Chicago.

I didn't know that! Thanks for the info! And.... it looks absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing!
  • davisbrenda9
    Options
    I would love, love, love to go there! That looks like sooooo much fun! You look great.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!!! You look great!!! :))) Congratulations on your success!
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    you and those pictures are great! It's interesting to hear what they do when regular people go to the biggest loser resort. I'm curious as to how they compares to the actual show. It has become one of my guilty pleasures with the new season but I can't bring myself to support their methods based on what I've seen. Does anyone know how much education on nutrition, etc. contestants get? Sure some people keep the weight off but a lot of people have gained weight back and lost endorsement deals and such for doing so and I think it's because what they do on the show isn't sustainable.
  • mrdmevans
    Options
    you and those pictures are great! It's interesting to hear what they do when regular people go to the biggest loser resort. I'm curious as to how they compares to the actual show. It has become one of my guilty pleasures with the new season but I can't bring myself to support their methods based on what I've seen. Does anyone know how much education on nutrition, etc. contestants get? Sure some people keep the weight off but a lot of people have gained weight back and lost endorsement deals and such for doing so and I think it's because what they do on the show isn't sustainable.

One of the things the resort really stressed is that they know that a person can't sustain 6 hours of exercise a day. So, they made sure to have plenty of classes on nutrition and "fitness at home" I learned a ton about clean eating and proper meal design. It was truly great.
  • Losinitslowly
    Options
    Wow! Looks like you had a great time! Congrats on all of your hard work!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    that is amazing looks like you had a lot of fun :)
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    We what a beautiful place. Congrats on a great success. How cool
  • jetsetting
    Options
    Beautiful photos...

Why no caffeine?
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    wow amazing job and very beautiful pics
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    It sounds & looks like such an amazing experience. Congrats on your weight loss!
  • phw426
    phw426 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    you rock...looks like fun
  • Omoe11
    Omoe11 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You look great! Awesome job!
  • kizzyb1977
    kizzyb1977 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and congrats on all of your success!!
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    What an awesome experience! Love the pics and you look great! What an accomplishment!!!
  • mrdmevans
    Options
    Beautiful photos...

Why no caffeine?

Well the resort was caffeine free. They said that people that are addicted to sugar, tend to switch to caffeine to fill the void when they are put on a low sugar diet.

I am staying caffeine free because I have Atrial Fib so I was supposed to limit my caffeine anyway.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!