1st week weight loss average??

Options
Kimma34
Kimma34 Posts: 66 Member
How much is the average to lose in a week on MFP??

-Kim

Replies

• embrey6
    embrey6 Posts: 1
    Options
    I lost 4 lbs my first week.
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a bit first week loser at all only losing 1.5 lbs.
  • LosingLbsAndGainingConfidence
    Options
    I lost 8..lol but i'm not sure thats average
    1259364.png
  • MandyMay
    MandyMay Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure my first weigh in was a 7lb weight loss :)
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Mine was just over 6lbs, however, that was only the first week, after that it settled down to around 1lb to 2lb per week
  • emt57kb
    emt57kb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I lost a little over 5lbs my first week and a friend of mine lost about the same
  • Sallyismyname
    Sallyismyname Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. It is hard to say what the average is.
  • Douniap
    Douniap Posts: 841
    Options
    How much is the average to lose in a week on MFP??

-Kim
    it depends how much weight you have to loose, your activity level, your caloric intake, your metabolism, etc..
    It is different from person to person.
    Usually, the bigger you are, the more weight you will lose in the first 3 to 4 weeks as you start exercising and eating healthy.. Then it will normalize to a stable number (1 to 3 pounds per week)
  • brocflores
    brocflores Posts: 111
    Options
    I lost 5lbs this week. Just jumped bk on the band wagon!!! I'm doing weight watchers too. Love MFP cause it let's me knw how much sugar intake I've had, sodium, fat, calories etc!! Plus I lk to see how many calories I've burned when I do work out! Like I heard someone say earlier everyone is different.
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    4 the first week.

.5 on average the other weeks.

I'm on the 1 a week plan but don't get freaked unless I get two ups weights in a row.

I'm in the slow and steady camp. Not sexy, not "Kool" but I'm looking at eating healthy and cutting back as something for the rest of my life.
  • myrazimmie
    myrazimmie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I lost 5.5 my first week. But like someone above mentioned, everyone is different.
  • punkadore
    Options
    6lbs just finished my first week so I don't know really went to the gym the 1st day, then had the flu really bad for the rest so maybe I lost weight being sick so maybe do overs and the gym starting Monday well Sunday.
  • sergeant771
    Options
    I lost 4.5 pounds in the first full week. That was 50% of what I had lost in the previous 3+ months on a 'diet' (I hate that word). Since March 12th I'm down 70 pounds since MFP has guided me on relearning how to eat.

806322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • LosingLbsAndGainingConfidence
    Options
    There really is no Average..seeing that weight lost has to go on so many factors for example, your age,weight, how much you have to lose, your lifestyle, etc.
  • raymj61
    raymj61 Posts: 142
    Options
    I lost 6 lbs my first week too. 1-3 lbs per week since then
  • Mehs
    Mehs Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first week. I only lost 2 lbs :( However, I must admit that I wasn't consistant with logging my food. If I kind of "start over" this week and do things right, can I expect to lose more this week or should I still look for 1-2 lbs?
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I lost 5 my first week, and every week since has been 1-2 pounds... with the exeption of one week I lost 3 but I was coming off of my TOM. lol

Don't get discouraged if you don't have a big number, or if you do and can't ever get another one... I'm sure 99% of our big loses in the first week is mostly water weight.
  • msmarysue
    Options
    Ok this is my first week of mfp and I love it.. but here is my question.
    Are you cutting more fat or following strict diets or just staying in the guidelines of the amounts you can eat..
    I am on day 3 after I saw the Today show I thought I would give it a try.
    I am in that "50" age group and am active but find losing weight very hard for me.
    If you have any suggestions or tips I would love them..

Thanks Mar :blushing:
  • Van3ssa_2468
    Van3ssa_2468 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    my first week was zero, but day 8 was minus 3 :)
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I lost 10.5 lbs my first week.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!