What brings you here?

taunto
taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
Most of us are here for fitness. And even if currently you're not on track, a lot of us still like to log in to seek motivation/support and just bathe in the awesomeness of fit peeps. But on occasion I see folks who are not here for fitness. They are very clear about it and while I love seeing them here (they are typically very fun!), I thought it would be interesting to know that if fitness doesn't bring them here... what does?

Replies

• TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    In for the fitness......

Stayed for the snarky advice :flowerforyou:
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Fitness
    Advice
    Motivation
    Support
    Chatter

......and Hi Taunto!
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    I do enjoy talking to people from all walks of life and getting a different perspective on things.

In Australia I kind of feel like I live in a cultural bubble because we are so far from most countries, so it is good to get talk to people from overseas.

I also enjoy the feeling that people who have achieved phenomenal levels of fitness are so willing to pay it forward.

Lastly it is nice to know there are other twisted people out there.

Hi taunto.:flowerforyou:
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Just for the fitness, but it is also good to pass time on the forums when bored at work :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Fitness and shenanigans!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Hi Taunto!! :flowerforyou:

I'm here for fitness but the social aspect is an awesome perk!!
  • _NAUTILUS_
    _NAUTILUS_ Posts: 239 Member
    The licking, the biting, the *kitten* smacks, thong Thursdays, the flirting that makes me want to do that extra push up, and the morning iPhone message chime that wakes me up making me do my first sit up for the day, finding that someone likes my fitness efforts!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    I honestly didn't even notice the forums much for a while when I first joined. I just wanted a convenient method of tracking calories consumed and burned. However, I now have a friend list of awesome, crazy-*kitten*, hilarious and supportive people, so the social aspect is probably what keeps me here. That and Taunto especially. :heart:
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    1. fitness
    2. "positive feedback"
    3. laughs :)
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    I thought it would be interesting to know that if fitness doesn't bring them here... what does?
    I came to use the food tracking app. After I hit goal, I found that MFP has these things called "friends" and "blogs" and "message boards". Getting in was easy. How do I get out?
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Taunto.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    I came to lose 60lb. About half way there and have no motivation to get going, again. I stay mostly out of a morbid curiosity for the forums. And stay in contact with friends.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Fitness and shenanigans!

Came for the first. Stayed for the second.
  • I am fat and have a bad memory
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    The accountability factor for what went into my mouth.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Fitness and shenanigans!

Came for the first. Stayed for the second.

QFT
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Got in for the fitness initially, ended up using this site as the jumping-off point for my intro to all things social media.

MFP not only changed my life, I truly believe it save it.:heart::heart: :heart:
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    :heart: :heart: Hi, taunto! :heart: :heart:
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    mostly for the fitness but i do like chatting to people and getting to know them just friendly banter to be honest, but yh on here to log calories and lose this fat! lol
  • A place to log my food intake and hold myself accountable.