What brings you here?

Replies

• dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,177 Member
    I'm here for all the awesome low carb advice. Once you go keto you never go back.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    1- Count Calories
    2- Inspiration from Success stories
    3- Inspiration from my awesome FL
    4- Advice from the experienced
    5- Lots of laughter and entertainment from my FL and on the forums!
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    weight loss (but now maintenance)
    fitness
    advice
    support
    inspiration
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    The whoredeovres.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    The whoredeovres.

Seriously people!!! How long does one have to be here before you guys let me know you have these!!! SMH...........
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    I do enjoy talking to people from all walks of life and getting a different perspective on things.

In Australia I kind of feel like I live in a cultural bubble because we are so far from most countries, so it is good to get talk to people from overseas.

I also enjoy the feeling that people who have achieved phenomenal levels of fitness are so willing to pay it forward.

Lastly it is nice to know there are other twisted people out there.

Hi taunto.:flowerforyou:

Apologies for being off thread but do you really think Australia is that much of a cultural bubble? In real life in just the last week I talked to people from every continent except Antarctica (genuine question not snark as we may live in different parts)

Taunto I'm definitely here for the fitness but the message boards crack me up, they are endlessly entertaining.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    I do enjoy talking to people from all walks of life and getting a different perspective on things.

In Australia I kind of feel like I live in a cultural bubble because we are so far from most countries, so it is good to get talk to people from overseas.

I also enjoy the feeling that people who have achieved phenomenal levels of fitness are so willing to pay it forward.

Apologies for being off thread but do you really think Australia is that much of a cultural bubble? In real life in just the last week I talked to people from every continent except Antarctica (genuine question not snark as we may live in different parts)

Taunto I'm definitely here for the fitness but the message boards crack me up, they are endlessly entertaining.
    In a cultural bubble in the sense that yes I have a lot of friends here who come from overseas and also talk to a lot of people visiting Australia (used to be a Byron Bay boy, a kind of Mecca for backpackers) but on here I've developed an on going relationship with people who are currently overseas which gives me the ability to talk about current events where they are now residing...if that makes sense.

I live in Melbourne which is considered one of the most culturally diverse cities in Australia.
  • KD454
    KD454 Posts: 1,548 Member
    sex.. just sex really
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    sex.. just sex really

Subtle!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Who is this Taunto of which you all speak?????????????????

I came here over 2 yrs ago to track my food intake..................and lose some weight........and then I found these hilarious people on the boards, and my friends who push and support me.................and decided I just might hang around forever!!!

Oh, and for the cat gifs. Most definitely.

9Eh5hUd.gif
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member

I came here over 2 yrs ago to track my food intake..................and lose some weight........and then I found these hilarious people on the boards, and my friends who push and support me.................and decided I just might hang around forever!!!

9Eh5hUd.gif

How'd you get my cat?
  • AnnACnd
    AnnACnd Posts: 72 Member
    Helps me stay on track :)
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    A friend told me about this place. I came initially for the logging and accountability during weight loss. Was on FitDay years ago and don't know what it's like now, but I love MFP's number crunching. Then got into the fun of the social media aspect.
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    I stay mostly out of a morbid curiosity for the forums.

YEP
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member

9Eh5hUd.gif

How'd you get my cat?

well, of COURSE, I dragged him out of your house!!!

lolololololllllllllllll
  • IanBee93
    IanBee93 Posts: 237
    Keeping a look on what I eat, and chit chat.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    I originally was exercising a lot but was frustrated with my workout routine. So while I was looking for an App to track exercising I found the MFP app. Started tracking calories with exercise and eventually started using the forums for information on calories. Now I'm just addicted to the Community and its shenanigan.
  • I originally was exercising a lot but was frustrated with my workout routine. So while I was looking for an App to track exercising I found the MFP app. Started tracking calories with exercise and eventually started using the forums for information on calories. Now I'm just addicted to the Community and its shenanigan.

Affirmative.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member

In a cultural bubble in the sense that yes I have a lot of friends here who come from overseas and also talk to a lot of people visiting Australia (used to be a Byron Bay boy, a kind of Mecca for backpackers) but on here I've developed an on going relationship with people who are currently overseas which gives me the ability to talk about current events where they are now residing...if that makes sense.

I live in Melbourne which is considered one of the most culturally diverse cities in Australia.

That makes perfect sense :smile:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Originally downloaded the app for accountability with macros/fitness and got sucked in. MFP addict.