maybe tmi but im deathly scared!!

Options
167891012»

Replies

• crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Because it was completely made up. You cannot bleed that heavy for that amount of time without bleeding to death.
    No need to be rude and accuse someone you don't know of lying with absolutely no evidence to back it up. I've had friends that have bled for months on end and didn't bleed to death. And how do you know how heavy she was bleeding anyway. Based on the calculations someone did for how many pads she said she went through in 5 months, she wasn't bleeding "that heavy". Plus we don't know how soiled they were so you might want to hop off that high horse before you fall and hurt yourself.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Because it was completely made up. You cannot bleed that heavy for that amount of time without bleeding to death.

Check if I am still alive.....yep so yes you can bleed that long and not die
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    apparently she already went comment withdrawn
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options

I got a depo shot and had it for a year. It is not that uncommon. Do a little research.
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options

Me too. ????. Yay for still being alive! I won't go into specifics (way too much info) but yes you can. I ended up having an endometrial ablation after seeing a doctor. That was the ONLY thing that helped. Going on the pill didn't help, like it does with some people.

Public service announcement here: ladies it is very helpful to get a CBC for baseline purposes. When i went in to the doc for my problem, the first thing she did was a CBC (complete blood count). If you have lost a lot of blood your hematocrit numbers lower. She looked at my numbers and said they were normal. HOWEVER what she did not know was i have a very rare blood disorder and my hematocrit is VERY high. When i showed her my records and what my hematocrit had been 90 days earlier she was stunned and agreed i had lost a lot of blood.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Was just checking to see if we got any more updates and accidentally clicked on her profile - she has deactivated her account.

Yeah, what's up with that? :(
    I have to say I don't blame her! With all the private pm's yelling at her to go to the doc when it's clear she's updated numerous times that she has.

She's going through a lot and doesn't need every other person to not read through her thread and yell at her time after time for not going to the doc.

Ppl, ppl, she's gone to the doc, catch up on the thread and leave her be. She's got a lot on here mind, if I wasn't feeling well, was in the hospital I can guarantee you as I'm sure others as well, the last thing on my mind is ppl on the internet calling her a liar and that she'd be dead if this really happened.

I'm alive and have a very heavy bleed for months and month and more months... it can happen with some women, because it didn't happen to you doesn't make any of the rest of us a liar because we've had it happen.

Chill out ppl, so she dropped this name and is working on her health issues... calm down, ppl change their user names all the time for various reasons. smh at all the ignorant responses.:noway: :indifferent:

The others, great helpful info for her and cheering her on.. good on you:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Was just checking to see if we got any more updates and accidentally clicked on her profile - she has deactivated her account.

I have to say I don't blame her! With all the private pm's yelling at her to go to the doc when it's clear she's updated numerous times that she has.

She's going through a lot and doesn't need every other person to not read through her thread and yell at her time after time for not going to the doc.

Ppl, ppl, she's gone to the doc, catch up on the thread and leave her be. She's got a lot on here mind, if I wasn't feeling well, was in the hospital I can guarantee you as I'm sure others as well, the last thing on my mind is ppl on the internet calling her a liar and that she'd be dead if this really happened.

I'm alive and have a very heavy bleed for months and month and more months... it can happen with some women, because it didn't happen to you doesn't make any of the rest of us a liar because we've had it happen.

Chill out ppl, so she dropped this name and is working on her health issues... calm down, ppl change their user names all the time for various reasons. smh at all the ignorant responses.:noway: :indifferent:

The others, great helpful info for her and cheering her on.. good on you:flowerforyou: :heart:

I'm one of the people that was on here to support her. I even friended her because I was concerned and wanted to see how she was doing. She could just ignore the people that are annoying her, she didn't have to change her name. It's kind of annoying that I got invested in her well being and now I can't know if she's getting better or what. So she can do what she wants with her account but it's disappointing for sure.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    well, OK then....again, I was only supporting her and became concerned when she deactivated her account........I have sincere intentions, just didn't want her to wait too long,

I waited for 2 days with a bad upset stomach, which turned out to be my appendix..........Im no authority, but I was stupid to wait to go to the Drs........had heavy fever and infection because of it and stayed 6 days in the hospital because of it..........again, I was being rude, just wanted to help her out.............sheesee.......
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    So happy that you not only went to ER, but that you stood up for yourself and demanded to see another doctor!! Great going!! Type 1 diabetes, though rare in adulthood is possible. When I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, the doctor told me that due to auto immune disease issues he felt I was actually a type 1 diabetic, but that treatment is what is important, not which type you have.

Also, the first ER doctor told her that her hemoglobin and hematocrit were ok, he most likely only ordered those tests, not a complete blood panel. So hooyah to the second doctor, who obviously took her job seriously!!

Is she giving you lasix to get rid of the extra fluids? I sure hope so as that will help you feel so much better!!

I am so happy you are getting treatment and although things will seem overwhelming at first, they will get better!!! Hugs and prayers for an unhampered recovery and regaining your strength and feeling better!!!

Thanks for all the updates!! Let us know how things go!!

I seriously doubt that the physician only ordered an H/H. There are protocols to follow and tests needed to rule out different diagnoses. Nobody knows what really happened and they should stop congratulating her for getting a second opinion. Just because the 2nd physician admitted her doesn't mean it was necessary. This happens all the time. We admit patients after they repeatedly come back to the ER. Is there something wrong, yes. Could it be treated outpatient, possibly. Is it an emergency, not likely.

Just to clarify: what are your credentials?

probably pretty good...and he dosnt have to say here....but he gives good, reasoned answers :-)
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options

I'm one of the people that was on here to support her. I even friended her because I was concerned and wanted to see how she was doing. She could just ignore the people that are annoying her, she didn't have to change her name. It's kind of annoying that I got invested in her well being and now I can't know if she's getting better or what. So she can do what she wants with her account but it's disappointing for sure.

This. My "Yeah, what's up with that?" was not my first post on this thread. I was also regularly checking to see if she updated this thread, and I'm kind of sad that I won't be able to know what wound up happening, hence my response.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Is there a Planned Parenthood facility near you? They do specialize in reproductive health.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    nevermind
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    She deactivated (hmm, I wonder why. What young person figuring things out with the bleeding and stuff doesn't want an internet full of ultra "concerned" people badgering...I mean checking in).

Time to let it go.
  • KPBlake
    KPBlake Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    PCOS bites.

The big one.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    She has deactivated her account.