IIFYM..good or bad?

Options
124»

Replies

• mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    From what I understand, you can pretty much eat what you want as long as you are within your calorie

This is a misconception. You can eat what you like as long as you hit your calorie goals, and more importantly, your macro goals.

Well maybe it should be in the name then.....Oh wait. :)
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    From what I understand, you can pretty much eat what you want as long as you are within your calorie

This is a misconception. You can eat what you like as long as you hit your calorie goals, and more importantly, your macro goals.

Well maybe it should be in the name then.....Oh wait. :)

indeed...
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone

I only just learnt about IIFYM (if if fits your macros) yesterday from a guy at the gym. I can see it works great for him because he's a competitive body builder and looks great! However, can this method of dieting work for everyone? I'm a 21 year old female and just can't believe I could have a great body eating pizza/chocolate/cakes etc.
    From what I understand, you can pretty much eat what you want as long as you are within your calorie goal according to a IIFYM calculator. However how does this type of dieting work compared to a less focussed on calories type diet but all very "clean" foods..for example I know of a lot of people who have had great weight loss success not focussing really on calories but just making sure they eat really healthy.

Since I'm still very clueless about IIFYM could I get some more info and opinions? Thanks in advance!

if the 'clean eating and not counting calories' thing works, its probably because people tend not to over eat 'clean foods', so your probably comming in at a defecit more often then not even when your not counting calories.

In the end, you won't lose weight if you don't burn more then you consume. So in reality the IIFYM works just the same as any other diet